Livingston Academy

Overton County Fan

Well, its not the coach. Period. For some reason, (i.e. Sells Injury, Loss of Carr, etc.) the girls really have not gotten it together for the first half of the year.. Against JC though, defensively, they were great, offensively, not. Against PC, they put together a very great game. If this team has just now found what they need, watch out. This team CAN end up number one. Yes it will be difficult, but I see them at least 2nd going into the district tourney. If any team can climb a tall mountain, Coach Smith and the Lady Cats can. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

King you are dead on what a great game LA put on last night. Beat a team by 11 that you beat I think close to 40 early in the year. Either LA is in reverse or PC has the pedal to the medal. You figure it out.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedal to the metal. PC always plays better there. Everyone knows it. The Gibson girl has come a long way and with Garner back and Garrett with her usual, they were a lot better.

I agree with king... anytime you come out of there with a win it's been a good game. Didn't get to see it , but an 11 pt win sounds like a great game!!! We've got an off night friday so i think I'll make the trip to watch em play SC

LA has underachieved because Smith doesn't make them play any defense. If it seemed they played good defense against Jackson County, it's probably because it was a slow pace and thus minimal scoring. Also, LA matches up very well with JC athletically. Jackson County is not exactly an offensive juggernaut this season either. I'm sure that Brown had his girls slow it down in order to control tempo. LA plays a full-court, pressing style that relies on gambling, not on playing sound defense. You can press in order to try to force teams' hands or you can press to simply gamble, hoping it results in some easy baskets. LA presses in that gambling style, hoping for the easy baskets....and no, it's not the same thing. LA doesn't work hard enough defensively to put consistent pressure on the basketball. They're athletic and decently skilled. They're capable of being better than they've been. If they don't play any better defense than what they have been the rest of the way, H-O-G-E-Y-E will be talking about next year sooner than it wants to do so. Best of luck to LA.

You don't have to worry about disappointing me. From the way you talk I am sure you are disappointed with yourself already. I am beginning to think you are a parent of a girl that doesn't get to play of maybe even 'score' as much as you would want her to... Whatever it is, You need to let it go. You always seem to have a negative feel to your comments. Kinda like your trying to stir the pot without it looking like thats what your wanting to do.

Anyways, Silly Rabbit. Trix are for kids. ha

I am going to predict that the LA girls go 6-3 in their remaining games.

Dang, I should have known that I couldn't fool a 'cerebral' like you. You figured it out way too soon.---My little girl just ain't getting near enough playing time nor scoring enough points. If she was playing forty minutes and getting about thirty a game, I would think a 12-8 record and inconsistant play was 'hunky-dory'.---I thought I had figured out a way to get her more playing time--but--I don't think I could get your nose rooted out to get mine in, you're buried way to deep. Besides, that tactic doesn't seem to be working for you right now, anyway. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm just still thinkin' about the castigation comment. I saw a couple of pigs castigated when I was young...it wasn't pretty. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Come on now Antwan. I'm sure you picked up a big sack of fifty cent words, while you were attending 'Needmore' and LA. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Tell that niece that 'Rabbit' wishes her the best of luck. ----She has sure been missed!----Sometimes when you lose the 'spark', it's really hard to get the fire going again. Looking forward to watching that 'spark' again Friday night! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Come on now Antwan. I'm sure you picked up a big sack of fifty cent words, while you were attending 'Needmore' and LA. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Tell that niece that 'Rabbit' wishes her the best of luck. ----She has sure been missed!----Sometimes when you lose the 'spark', it's really hard to get the fire going again. Looking forward to watching that 'spark' again Friday night! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just figured it out! Have a great CoachT career.

Just figured it out! Your not worth talking to. Have a great CoachT career.

Thanks!!! I knew you'd keep on til you hurt my feelings! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thanks!!! I knew you'd keep on til you hurt my feelings! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I took that part out. But now that I know who you are it took all the fun out of getting you stirred up.

Nope...not me...never attended either. You must be a newbie.