Humboldt @ Lake Co. Jan. 30

Guest snakedriver

Get real? There are nearly 1 million people in the Memphis metro area! Look what you have to choose from! You should be more dominant! Humboldt has about 9k people, Union City about the same, thats why what UC did is so incredible. In small towns, you play with what you have, we dont have the luxury of open enrollment (at least when I lived in Memphis it was open enrollment). You are not comparing apples to apples. I am a Humboldt alumni, but I am also realistic. I know the comp is better there, thats common sense. Although Manassas is single A, look at the players you have to choose from! In a memphis you have the possibility of a guy from lets say Melrose transferrring to Manassas. Humboldt does not have anyone coming in from anywhere.

I understand where you are coming from, now consider the towns like Greenfield & Lake County. Greenfield has less than 175 kids in high school and competes with not only the Union City's and Humboldt's but the Mitchell's and Manassas of this world. In 2003, Greenfield beat Mitchell in our region championship and the next year Mitchell was reclassified with over 1200 kids. Its not a level playing field, when a school like Greenfield does make it to the state and brings home a Silver Ball it is an accomplishment, not often but it still happens in todays world.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get real? There are nearly 1 million people in the Memphis metro area! Look what you have to choose from! You should be more dominant! Humboldt has about 9k people, Union City about the same, thats why what UC did is so incredible. In small towns, you play with what you have, we dont have the luxury of open enrollment (at least when I lived in Memphis it was open enrollment). You are not comparing apples to apples. I am a Humboldt alumni, but I am also realistic. I know the comp is better there, thats common sense. Although Manassas is single A, look at the players you have to choose from! In a memphis you have the possibility of a guy from lets say Melrose transferrring to Manassas. Humboldt does not have anyone coming in from anywhere.

Maybe you should get real and read this thread and explain to the Humboldt people. People from were Humboldt saying they could goe toe to toe with Melrose, Raleigh Egypt, and White Station...NOT ME!!!! The truth is these three teams would run them out of the gym..I know everything you said..trust me you don't have to explain it to me. I see that at least you know better. That's all I was saying.

Memphis also has something like 6 single A, 14 or so AA, and mabye more than 20 AAA teams..not to mention the private shcools.......not saying those numbers are 100 % accurate but they have alot of public shools....I'm pretty sure with open enrollment Manassas is not at the top of most kids list. If the numbers are wrong it's no big deal but I know Memphis has ALOT of public school....Nashville is bigger than Memphis to...they are not known for having power house teams. There is still a thresh hold on enroolment numbers....that's why there is three classidications. Just for the record district 12AA won 4 consecutive State tournemts not that long ago...rembemer that...Bolivar and Liberty both won back to back....and one of those years it was a Bolivar /Jackson SS state final...both from the same district...Humboldt was in the same district. Last I checked Bolivar and Liberty was nowhere near Memphis.

Maybe you should get real and read this thread and explain to the Humboldt people. People from were Humboldt saying they could goe toe to toe with Melrose, Raleigh Egypt, and White Station...NOT ME!!!! The truth is these three teams would run them out of the gym..I know everything you said..trust me you don't have to explain it to me. I see that at least you know better. That's all I was saying.

Yankees, you know better than that... Melrose would lose to Humboldt by 115+ points, White Station would play closer than that 100+ point loss, and Raleigh Egypt would play Humboldt very close 50+ point loss.... Humboldt wins all 3 of those games... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Couldn't do that with a straight face.... I'm telling all of you Humboldt fans that say they can go toe to toe with the likes of Raleigh Egypt, Melrose, or White Station... Ya'll are INSANE maybe ya'll should go to Bolivar NOT for a basketball game... Just go ahead and check yourself in... Just wear a red shirt and they'll know where you are from. You're a good single A school and those teams are AAA schools and VERY GOOD AAA schools at that! I'd get off your high horse and if you seriously think ya'll would play toe to toe with them... Ya'll (fans) would be destroyed if Humboldt and any of those 3 cause Humboldt would get ran right out of the gym... Those boys are TOO QUICK!!! If ya'll think that Humboldt can run with the big boys (Melrose, Raleigh Egypt, and White Station) you are sadly mistaken or you are just so far up Humboldt's butt or riding that jock to hard to watch a different school... Watch any of these 3 teams and you'll know Humboldt can't run with them!

Yankees, you know better than that... Melrose would lose to Humboldt by 115+ points, White Station would play closer than that 100+ point loss, and Raleigh Egypt would play Humboldt very close 50+ point loss.... Humboldt wins all 3 of those games... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Couldn't do that with a straight face.... I'm telling all of you Humboldt fans that say they can go toe to toe with the likes of Raleigh Egypt, Melrose, or White Station... Ya'll are INSANE maybe ya'll should go to Bolivar NOT for a basketball game... Just go ahead and check yourself in... Just wear a red shirt and they'll know where you are from. You're a good single A school and those teams are AAA schools and VERY GOOD AAA schools at that! I'd get off your high horse and if you seriously think ya'll would play toe to toe with them... Ya'll (fans) would be destroyed if Humboldt and any of those 3 cause Humboldt would get ran right out of the gym... Those boys are TOO QUICK!!! If ya'll think that Humboldt can run with the big boys (Melrose, Raleigh Egypt, and White Station) you are sadly mistaken or you are just so far up Humboldt's butt or riding that jock to hard to watch a different school... Watch any of these 3 teams and you'll know Humboldt can't run with them!

how ironic. Your talking about humboldt but dc is going to AAA. So joe and andre wont being dunking on tevin and charles it will be cerdic and fred. That will be a reallity next year. good luck next year dc trust me u will need it.

how ironic. Your talking about humboldt but dc is going to AAA. So joe and andre wont being dunking on tevin and charles it will be cerdic and fred. That will be a reallity next year. good luck next year dc trust me u will need it.

Already said...give us a year or 2 and we will be in the game...no doubt about it. You really think about DC alot.

Thanks. I know we need it. AAA is a whole different beast. Give us a year or 2 with our young squad and we'll be getting talked about like Melrose, Raleigh Egypt, and White Station. I don't think Joe or Andre will dunk on Fred or Cedric... they won't let it happen... NO POSTERS BEING MADE HERE! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Already said...give us a year or 2 and we will be in the game...no doubt about it. You really think about DC alot.

Envious of DC is all it is! He likes the Orange Shirts!

Thanks. I know we need it. AAA is a whole different beast. Give us a year or 2 with our young squad and we'll be getting talked about like Melrose, Raleigh Egypt, and White Station. I don't think Joe or Andre will dunk on Fred or Cedric... they won't let it happen... NO POSTERS BEING MADE HERE! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Envious of DC is all it is! He likes the Orange Shirts!

Dyer County will have no shot at winning a aaa crown in three years. White Station Reloads every year down in memphis and has an excellent coach in petino. Like i said dc will have to compeat with liberty in there own distict. good luck.

And far as Joe and Andre not being able to dunk on Fred and Cedric. Where do I start. If Joe can dunk on Jerd Sulingler and John Wall What on god green earth do you think he could do to fred and Cedric. He would more than likely try to dunk on both of them at the same time. Even yankee can't disagree with what i just posted. So where those orange glasses all you want to but next year ya'll will get a taste of joe jackson.

And Please I know more about Dyer County History than you and Adsmom combine. I remember the days when Q romed the hardwood. He would have shamed anyone on dc team right now.

There's a difference between blowing out a team and playing "toe to toe." Apparently no one on here understands that. Please show me a post from a Humboldt fan who says that we would "blow out" the AA and AAA teams of West Tennessee. You will not find one! You cannot sit there and tell me that you do not think that Humboldt is a good team this year. I know what type of teams there are in AA and AAA, and I know that we can compete and be in the top 5 in AA. You act like we have been playing in A for the past 50 years and we have no idea what to expect from those teams in AA and AAA. Let me remind you that we were AA for all of the years before 2004.

I'll talk about it... Manassas messed up their game plan.... You aren't supposed to score 89 pts without Buckner who averages 80+ pts/game... Just remember Humboldt and Lake County that you caused them to score 89 pts without Buckner due to your constant "how did they play close with Middleton" they were playing around!!!

Melrose beat that same team about 82-30 and in doing so..would think thet subbed and took it easy on them !

Dyer County will have no shot at winning a aaa crown in three years. White Station Reloads every year down in memphis and has an excellent coach in petino. Like i said dc will have to compeat with liberty in there own distict. good luck.

And far as Joe and Andre not being able to dunk on Fred and Cedric. Where do I start. If Joe can dunk on Jerd Sulingler and John Wall What on god green earth do you think he could do to fred and Cedric. He would more than likely try to dunk on both of them at the same time. Even yankee can't disagree with what i just posted. So where those orange glasses all you want to but next year ya'll will get a taste of joe jackson.

And Please I know more about Dyer County History than you and Adsmom combine. I remember the days when Q romed the hardwood. He would have shamed anyone on dc team right now.

Where do I start with you? Ok... I got it... First, Lake County has no chance at winning a Single A crown until they get rid of their dumb coach! Second, I've said many many many times Liberty and JCM go back to AA do some research before you post something COMPLETELY WRONG!!! Third, I know Cedric and Fred both have an intense passion believe me Joe and Andre will regret dunking on them if it were to happen! Finally, I'm not gonna comment on that idiotic statement I have a father that could school you in sports and he has told me PLENTY of stories so I wouldn't challenge me bro!

There's a difference between blowing out a team and playing "toe to toe." Apparently no one on here understands that. Please show me a post from a Humboldt fan who says that we would "blow out" the AA and AAA teams of West Tennessee. You will not find one! You cannot sit there and tell me that you do not think that Humboldt is a good team this year. I know what type of teams there are in AA and AAA, and I know that we can compete and be in the top 5 in AA. You act like we have been playing in A for the past 50 years and we have no idea what to expect from those teams in AA and AAA. Let me remind you that we were AA for all of the years before 2004.

And making state apperances might i add.

What I want to know is if you think Humboldt can hang with Melrose, White Station, and Raliegh Egypt? straight up yes or no. BTW, how old are you?