Fairview HC Resigns!

fviewallday

It saddens me to see all of the negative comments that have been posted on this board over the past few weeks. As a former player and student, I have had the opportunity and privilege to play for almost all of the afore mentioned coaches and have had nothing but great experiences.

I would first like to address the bashing of the school administration. This is not the first time that the Athletic Director Ricky Jones and the Principal Tony Donen, have gone through the hiring process for the head coaching position at this school. As a matter of fact, this is the same administration that has continued to bring in coaches that have prevailed and succeeded in winning ways. Let??™s see, where I should start:

In 2000 they hired Coach Tommy Rewis, he completely turned this entire football program around. Interested in taking his coaching career to a higher level and also wanting to be closer to his family, he accepted a coaching position of a 5A program in East Tennessee.

While under Coach Rewis, the defensive coordinators name was Jason Eubanks. He would move on to coach Heritage Middle School and eventually be named 5A Independence High Schools Head coach, where he is still located today, leading them to the state championship in his first year.

Preceding Coach Rewis the administration then hired Coach Mark Matykiewicz. Also interested in furthering his future as a coach and interested into moving into the college ranks, Matykiewicz accepted the position at 5A Centennial High School were he has continued to win football games.

Preceding him was Coach Whitefield, which in my opinion has proven himself as a great coach in just two years at Fairview, and hopefully will have the opportunity to continue the great tradition of past Fairview coaches. Sadly something did not work between him and the administration; this is a business and sometimes things just don??™t work out. Although I wish him the best of luck in his future.

It seems to me that this so called ???Unprofessional??? administration that some of you continue to bash has successfully found GREAT coaches over and over. Unfortunately for Fairview all of these coaches wanted something more and used Fairview as stepping stones to continue towards success in their careers. You cannot fault the administration for having to continually find coaches, however I believe they have done a great job filling the position over the years if I do not say so myself.

As far as the continued bashing of Coach Hughes and his potential, and the fact that he is a middle school coach is just pathetic. As mentioned before Coach Jason Eubanks coached at Heritage Middle School. He then joined Independence as a Defensive Coordinator, only to move up into the Head Coaching Position to lead his team to the State Championship Game against Smyrna.

Coach Hughes seems to be someone who is interested in winning football games for this town and team.

This is suppose to be about the kids, instead of continually getting on a website were the players can go and read the continued bashing of all parties involved, lets look to the future and hope that the winning traditions of Football that have been brought to this town in the past ten years is here to stay.

Good Luck to the Fairview Football team, work hard this spring and summer and get over this second round playoff curse.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It saddens me to see all of the negative comments that have been posted on this board over the past few weeks. As a former player and student, I have had the opportunity and privilege to play for almost all of the afore mentioned coaches and have had nothing but great experiences.

I would first like to address the bashing of the school administration. This is not the first time that the Athletic Director Ricky Jones and the Principal Tony Donen, have gone through the hiring process for the head coaching position at this school. As a matter of fact, this is the same administration that has continued to bring in coaches that have prevailed and succeeded in winning ways. Let??™s see, where I should start:

In 2000 they hired Coach Tommy Rewis, he completely turned this entire football program around. Interested in taking his coaching career to a higher level and also wanting to be closer to his family, he accepted a coaching position of a 5A program in East Tennessee.

While under Coach Rewis, the defensive coordinators name was Jason Eubanks. He would move on to coach Heritage Middle School and eventually be named 5A Independence High Schools Head coach, where he is still located today, leading them to the state championship in his first year.

Preceding Coach Rewis the administration then hired Coach Mark Matykiewicz. Also interested in furthering his future as a coach and interested into moving into the college ranks, Matykiewicz accepted the position at 5A Centennial High School were he has continued to win football games.

Preceding him was Coach Whitefield, which in my opinion has proven himself as a great coach in just two years at Fairview, and hopefully will have the opportunity to continue the great tradition of past Fairview coaches. Sadly something did not work between him and the administration; this is a business and sometimes things just don??™t work out. Although I wish him the best of luck in his future.

It seems to me that this so called ???Unprofessional??? administration that some of you continue to bash has successfully found GREAT coaches over and over. Unfortunately for Fairview all of these coaches wanted something more and used Fairview as stepping stones to continue towards success in their careers. You cannot fault the administration for having to continually find coaches, however I believe they have done a great job filling the position over the years if I do not say so myself.

As far as the continued bashing of Coach Hughes and his potential, and the fact that he is a middle school coach is just pathetic. As mentioned before Coach Jason Eubanks coached at Heritage Middle School. He then joined Independence as a Defensive Coordinator, only to move up into the Head Coaching Position to lead his team to the State Championship Game against Smyrna.

Coach Hughes seems to be someone who is interested in winning football games for this town and team.

This is suppose to be about the kids, instead of continually getting on a website were the players can go and read the continued bashing of all parties involved, lets look to the future and hope that the winning traditions of Football that have been brought to this town in the past ten years is here to stay.

Good Luck to the Fairview Football team, work hard this spring and summer and get over this second round playoff curse.

4 Coaches since 2000 ='s a coaching change every 2 years. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

There's a problem here. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Who all has Coach Hughes hired on staff besides the East Hickman Middle School coach and his mother? He needs to try and get Blankenship on his staff. He is young, energetic and is already running the weight program for the athletes at FHS. Fairview has been pretty good the last 4-5 years. Can Coach Hughes maintain the same level that Whitefield established. With him, the Jackets were very sound and one of the most physical teams in AA. They would line up and smash you on both sides of the ball.

I am so glad Coach Harris is with us now.He will be a credit to Fairview team. His mother is also a very nice lady, if you want to keep bashing...... stay on East board, there is more to this story than most will know.Things are done for a reason Fairview is going to be better off, We are going deep this year................ I love it.

I am so glad Coach Harris is with us now.He will be a credit to Fairview team. His mother is also a very nice lady, if you want to keep bashing...... stay on East board, there is more to this story than most will know.Things are done for a reason Fairview is going to be better off, We are going deep this year................ I love it.

You're right... getting another middle school coach with zero high school experience definitely makes us a contender for the state title in 2009...

Coach Harris has backed out of his responsibility of being the assistant head coach to Coach Hughes and the Yellowjackets. In the Observer, there was a lot made of him being a Fairview graduate and that's where he would be loyal. Does anyone know what prompted this? Did someone in East Hickman country make him an offer he couldn't refuse?

So much for the awe-inspiring lineup of middle school expertise that was going to lead Fairview to bigger and better things next year...

Coach Harris has backed out of his responsibility of being the assistant head coach to Coach Hughes and the Yellowjackets. In the Observer, there was a lot made of him being a Fairview graduate and that's where he would be loyal. Does anyone know what prompted this? Did someone in East Hickman country make him an offer he couldn't refuse?

So much for the awe-inspiring lineup of middle school expertise that was going to lead Fairview to bigger and better things next year...

It didn't take too much research to realize that you are the one and only Coach Whitefield. This is not a guess - I know for sure that "blockdown" is Whitefield. This is pathetic! You are sitting home on a Friday night and spewing bitterness. LET IT GO! You were fired. All the childish blogging in the world will not change that. I would not think the people at Centennial High School will be impressed with your tactics and attempts to stir up trouble on CoachT. Be a big boy and end it here and now (my advice and I am sure Wrestlered agrees /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ).

It didn't take too much research to realize that you are the one and only Coach Whitefield. This is not a guess - I know for sure that "blockdown" is Whitefield. This is pathetic! You are sitting home on a Friday night and spewing bitterness. LET IT GO! You were fired. All the childish blogging in the world will not change that. I would not think the people at Centennial High School will be impressed with your tactics and attempts to stir up trouble on CoachT. Be a big boy and end it here and now (my advice and I am sure Wrestlered agrees /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ).

Man it is getting ugly on the western half of the county. Looks like they are in for a bumpy road especially if their fanbase is like INVO, who seems to be an incredibly upset mom whose son couldn't cut it.

INVO, Don't quit your day job. What proof do you have that it is the former coach? I mean I looked back and actually found that the former coach has his own account, where his signature identifies himself. I would like to see proof and probably the Fairview faithful who probably hate someone from their community is making them look like a bunch of hillbillies on the internet. Also, did he not resign? Pretty sure he did, so you are wrong again. From reading your post, I have not seen one positive remark from you. I am sure you are helping build a great future for Fairview football. Its people like you that ruin football programs.

Man it is getting ugly on the western half of the county. Looks like they are in for a bumpy road especially if their fanbase is like INVO, who seems to be an incredibly upset mom whose son couldn't cut it.

INVO, Don't quit your day job. What proof do you have that it is the former coach? I mean I looked back and actually found that the former coach has his own account, where his signature identifies himself. I would like to see proof and probably the Fairview faithful who probably hate someone from their community is making them look like a bunch of hillbillies on the internet. Also, did he not resign? Pretty sure he did, so you are wrong again. From reading your post, I have not seen one positive remark from you. I am sure you are helping build a great future for Fairview football. Its people like you that ruin football programs.

Yeah, he resigned - just like Custer surrendered at Little Big Horn.

blockdown is Coach Whitefield. I would not post it, if I were not certain.

How far from the truth you really are... I am one of the original posters on this thread who was unhappy with how this whole situation went down. I was simply posting information about Coach Harris that I had learned from someone in East Hickman country. Now you're accusing me of being Whitefield!!! Sherlock Holmes you aren't...

Who I am is a parent of one of this past year's seniors who enjoyed a lot of success under Coach Whitefield and his staff. To tell you the truth, I never really liked the guy. He's kind of a jerk, but I respected what he was trying to do with the kids at Fairview High. I didn't agree with everything he did but the program was making progress.

I am sure Whitefield is moving on to greener pastures and doesn't bother himself with reading these types of threads.

You mentioned Centennial High School... why? Is Whitefield going to be coaching there next year? Please share your obvious inside information with the rest of us.

Now you on the other hand, seem to be a little touchy on the whole Coach Harris topic... which would suggest a close friendship of some kind. What's your relationship with him? Did you just lose him as your assistant head coach?

Unlike you, I truly want the best for next year's Yellowjackets... and its coaching staff. As it turns out, there are several good men who will be coaching at Fairview next year. And to prove to you that I am not Coach Whitefield, I am wishing you (Coach Hughes) the best of luck in your new position of head football coach at Fairview High School. See, I doubt that Whitefield could bring himself to do that.

Forever a Fairview Fan,

blockdown