Greenback Football

JCole23

Greenback will end up playing Cloudland again and they will get beat. They don't have the size up front to beat Cloudland.I would love to see Greenback beat Cloudland and win state but I would bet on them going 10-2 or 11-1 and losing to Cloudland.

Greenback has very good skill players. Their passing game will give teams fits. Those kids are tough and hard nosed. They will hit you. I hope they kick butt this year.

Good luck to the Cherokees! I hope #2 has a good season. I know his parents real well.

Posted by REBELRON:

Greenback will end up playing Cloudland again and they will get beat. They don't have the size up front to beat Cloudland.I would love to see Greenback beat Cloudland and win state but I would bet on them going 10-2 or 11-1 and losing to Cloudland.

Greenback has very good skill players. Their passing game will give teams fits. Those kids are tough and hard nosed. They will hit you. I hope they kick butt this year.

Good luck to the Cherokees! I hope #2 has a good season. I know his parents real well.

I think if we come out there and play our best game we could hang with them and beat them we are planning on making it all the way this year and i agree coudland id going to be tough but i think we can beat them.

-JCole

We've (Greenback) gained some size up front, just from growing/lifting weights (due to the fact that Freshmen/Sophomores made up most of the line last year), but during preseason we've tried to scrimmage teams that were generally much larger than us. Marion Co., for instance, scored on us only but a few times early, but we slowly crept back. The score ended up being 4 - 3, 4 - 2 or something like that. We went toe-to-toe with Bearden, no team scoring anything. Not to mention scrimmages during spring practice (DCA scrimmage: 6 - 1 in our favor). It may still be tough for us, but with all the added bonuses (Senior defensive back group, very strong passing attack, and larger line), it shouldn't be as tough as last year. Of course, that's not to say it won't ever be tough. It's still football. We'll just have to see against Pigeon Forge come this Friday.

Oh, and RebelRon, #2 should have a good year. He is co-leader of a great bunch of receivers we have. Good luck to the Rebels of Maryville.

--Kemple

Go 'Kees

Posted by 1AFAN:

Didnt Greenback play Polk County in a scrimmage and get beat like 7-1? I have heard that from several people. Greenback football is just not what it once was. The late 80's and early 90's they were tough. Since 1995 they just havent been nearly as good.

Yeah we was good then but that doesnt mean a few mishaps are going to stop us from going anywhere this year.I think we have what it takes to get somewhere this year i and i think we will.

JCole

Posted by 1AFAN:

Didnt Greenback play Polk County in a scrimmage and get beat like 7-1? I have heard that from several people. Greenback football is just not what it once was. The late 80's and early 90's they were tough. Since 1995 they just havent been nearly as good.

Yeah, we commited a lot of errors (six turnovers), and Polk ended up having the edge on better field positions. Without the turnovers, however, I think there were more positives than negatives with the overall play in that scrimmages. Polk is a very good team, and I wish them luck on another good season. They have a class-act Coach.

As for the state of Greenback football, I think it can be, and is just as good as the heydays of '86 - Early(er) '90s. We have a good deal of athletes, and hard-nosed team players. I believe people may be surprised this year of how far we can, and probably will go in the season/playoffs. You just have to take it one game at a time.

--Kemple

Go 'Kees

Well said makorevised..if u remember i play for coalfield and we have talked on here before..i wish u guys the best of luck, i look forward to our game, i always love playing greenback, u hit hard, and play ever down, and i enjoy the games we play,it should be interesting as always, congrats on your preseason accomplishments, we had a good preason as well beating 2 a harriman 30-12, so i look forward to you guys, good luck.

Posted by tightend5:

Well said makorevised..if u remember i play for coalfield and we have talked on here before..i wish u guys the best of luck, i look forward to our game, i always love playing greenback, u hit hard, and play ever down, and i enjoy the games we play,it should be interesting as always, congrats on your preseason accomplishments, we had a good preason as well beating 2 a harriman 30-12, so i look forward to you guys, good luck.

Thanks, tightend. The feeling's mutual, I'm sure, for everyone on our team, including myself. Best of luck to all of you all. We'll be waiting for you come game time.

--Kemple

Go 'Kees