Tri-County Seven

krichunaka

Elizabethton is better than any of the other six. Bar none. They have by far the best ball players as a whole. Not saying that the likes of Gardner and Ward and others couldnt play at EHS. But Elizabethton is better as a team than any other. They have the ability to blow any of the other teams out on any given night. As they have against many teams in the recent past. They demolished Hampton, and if I remember correctly Weddle played that game. So when Elizabethton comes to play they WILL blow the other six out.

I want to see my Cyclones start doing that. I see flashes of brilliance at almost every game. I can't wait until they play another game at full tilt. And show that they are MUCH better than anyone else.

GO CYCLONES!

Looks like Lizzybethton has their own version of the "King". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes she did or tried to. She was about 50 % and probably shouldn't have even tried to play. Wouldn't have mattered that night, elizabethton played very well.

I agree. That Elizabethton team would have handled any of the 6 that night, maybe even beat South Greene. Cloudland is the 2nd best team in the seven and Elizabethton beat them with ease once too. Elizabethton is like North Carolina's boys team, if they show up 100%, I'm not sure if any of the seven can touch them...

But talent-wise, there are several at least equal players throughout

the Seven. That's no knock on Elizabethton. It's not personal.

several equal players throughout the seven? are you saying that there are equal players in the seven to Pietrowski?

Coach, are you retired?

I am not retired. I took a job with the Tennessee Education Association in 2005, right before Elizabethton went to Murfreesboro. I was living in Nashville and got to see them play. Since I now represent teachers in Sullivan County, Johnson County, Carter County, Kingsport, and Bristol I can no longer coach, even as a volunteer. It would be seen as a conflict of interest to coach against schools where you represent the teachers and coaches. I am just a fan now and can only root for the Lady Cyclones in the stands and on these boards and still catch some flak from some of the rival schools. It is all in fun.

Looks like Lizzybethton has their own version of the "King". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'll let imavol beat the Cyclone drum for awhile!!!!!

While I agree that, for now, Elizabethton is the best team, they aren't that much better than the others, which was demonstrated by the overtime loss by Unicoi County to South Greene, and last week's very close call at Happy Valley. Add the Unicoi County and Happy Valley wins over Chuckey Doak, and we have several examples of near-parity.

The Lady Cyclones have a very stout, six-two, senior post player, and a few other pretty good players. But there is no talent mismatch, one-through-six. Put another way, there are players, and in fact, several of them, from the other Seven teams who are at least equal to the Lady Cyclones.

With respect to the very capable talent at Elizabethton, except for the home game with Hampton, the Lady Cyclones simply haven't demonstrated the ability to blow the other, near-equal teams out. And though the Lady Cyclones have a very good coach, there are three, and probably four others his equal.

So, it's not personal, but there's nothing to suggest a great disparity here.

WELL WE SEE IT A LITTLE DIFFERENT . WE ARE NOT TAKING ANYTHING FROM MP BY NO MEANS BUT I WOULD COMPARE HER TO THE GIRL LOU THAT TRANSFERRED TO CROCKETT. BIG GIRL ,GOOD STAND UP GO TO UNDER THE BASKET TYPE OF PLAYER . A LITTLE TOUGHER MAYBE BUT NOT AS ATHLETIC AS ALOT OF GIRLS IN THE CONFERENCE. YOUR POINT GAURDS AND COACH YOU NEED TO PRAISE A LITTLE MORE AND CAN MP PLAY A WHOLE GAME ? I NOTICE THEY TAKE HER OUT FOR A BREATHER QUITE ALOT . I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HER HERE IN UNICOI COUNTY BUT WOULD DARE TO SAY THAT COACH FISHER WOULD PUT HER IN FRONT OF THE 1 WE GOT OR MAYBE EVEN THE 2 WE GOT . GOOD LUCK CYCLONES AND BETWEEN THE 2 OF US WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BEAT SG

Elizabethton is better than any of the other six. Bar none. They have by far the best ball players as a whole. Not saying that the likes of Gardner and Ward and others couldnt play at EHS. But Elizabethton is better as a team than any other. They have the ability to blow any of the other teams out on any given night. As they have against many teams in the recent past. They demolished Hampton, and if I remember correctly Weddle played that game. So when Elizabethton comes to play they WILL blow the other six out.

I want to see my Cyclones start doing that. I see flashes of brilliance at almost every game. I can't wait until they play another game at full tilt. And show that they are MUCH better than anyone else.

GO CYCLONES!

THAT IS YOUR OPINION THAT AND SOMETHING ELSE IS WHAT WE ALL HAVE . BE PROUD OF YOUR GIRLS AND BE HUMBLE THANK THE LORD YOU HAVE HAD NO INJURIES ,BUT,DO NOT CRITICIZE ANY OTHER PLAYERS ON ANY OTHER TEAMS CAUSE THIS CAN HAUNT YOU.. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARENT, BRAGGING ON ATHLETIC ABILITY YOUR BRAGGING ON SIZE . GOOD LUCK MP AND CYCLONES

krich, you a lot smarter than to say there are alot equal in this area to Len Dugger!

NO COACH ,is as knowledgable of the game , although Jerry White and others are VERY good coaches. Len Dugger is a gym rat with the greatest work ethic Ive ever seen. Some like him, some don't but you can't deny his ability.

And before you all start ragging Dugger, I said there are alot of very good coaches around here Im just saying in MY opinion, he's the best!

While I agree that, for now, Elizabethton is the best team, they aren't that much better than the others, which was demonstrated by the overtime loss by Unicoi County to South Greene, and last week's very close call at Happy Valley. Add the Unicoi County and Happy Valley wins over Chuckey Doak, and we have several examples of near-parity.

The Lady Cyclones have a very stout, six-two, senior post player, and a few other pretty good players. But there is no talent mismatch, one-through-six. Put another way, there are players, and in fact, several of them, from the other Seven teams who are at least equal to the Lady Cyclones.

With respect to the very capable talent at Elizabethton, except for the home game with Hampton, the Lady Cyclones simply haven't demonstrated the ability to blow the other, near-equal teams out. And though the Lady Cyclones have a very good coach, there are three, and probably four others his equal.

So, it's not personal, but there's nothing to suggest a great disparity here.

bluedevildad, I understand your loyalty and your daughter would make Eliz a better team, she's very good and a good kid!

I'm proud of her and know you are too,BUT YOu and I both know that Unicoi's post is not in MP's league,talent wise,come on now, think about it!

You know your girl would look so good in orange and black!

bluedevildad, I understand your loyalty and your daughter would make Eliz a better team, she's very good and a good kid!

I'm proud of her and know you are too,BUT YOu and I both know that Unicoi's post is not in MP's league,talent wise,come on now, think about it!

You know your girl would look so good in orange and black!

Well partner , love your girls and your coach and most of your fans but the colors wheeuuuu! orange is great but black don,t match with anything over here . blue & white . our big post is a freshman guy,s . give her 3 yrs and her and my little one will be the monster s of the valley beautiful with the other freshmen and 8th graders coming up . fisher is looking pretty good . there is one thing about it( our 7), I no can get loud, but we love our girls and yours from all the schools , we have alot of class as well as the other 7.. how did SG miss out on all that . ??

The Lady Cyclones avenged the Chuckey-Doak loss tonight, winning 68-54. Elizabethton took control fairly early and were on the verge of blowing the Doaksters out, holding a 22 point lead with six minutes left. Pietrowski fouled out at that point and the Lady Cyclones missed a boat load of free throws (about 20 misses), to allow Chuckey Doak to cut it back down to eight late. They managed to hit enough down the stretch to extend the final margin. Not a great performance, but a solid win. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

Unicoi handed the Lady Warriors a very dissappointing loss tonight in Erwin. Not that dissappointing that the Lady Warriors lost but dissappointing on the lack of effort and enthusium the Warriors showed. Unicoi was there for the taking. They (Unicoi) didn't have their best game. A lot of missed shots and free throws gave the Warriors a great chance to get a win but their lack of effort (defensively and offensively) left a lot to be desired. The Warriors just didn't seem to be very interested in playing tonight. They seemed a step slow in all areas and didn't seem to be too concerned at the end of the game down 10 or so with minutes to play. I know teams sometimes have off nights but if the Warriors can't get this corrected their post season run will be very short. Gardner had her way on both ends of the floor. Again Unicoi didn't play that well either but made up for their off night by rebounding and causing some turnovers. Looking forward to some information on the Hampton/Cloudland game. Must have been a good one. Wondering if Weddle did play and if so how she looked. Did anyone attend the game? Wish I would have gone to that one instead of HV/Unicoi.

The Warriors will be in the four vs. five game in the first round of the district tournament, probably against Chuckey-Doak. If they do not pick up the intensity, it may be one and done. Bowling and Ward will have to lead this team on the court and in the locker room to get things on track. The talent is there for a Regional appearance, but the consistency of effort and intensity is not. They seem to lack confidence, in my opinion, but that is correctable.

Quoting Lord Vador: "several equal players throughout the seven? are you saying that there are equal players in the seven to Pietrowski?"

No, I didn't say that at all. And, I've actually posted several very-positive opinions, and for several years now, about both the Pietrowskis. My remarks were in direct response to imavol10 and coachh17, wherein I expressed my very-positive feelings about Mariah; but I also wanted to make clear that we have several players, and coaches, who compare very favorably to the Lady Cyclones.

The personal comparisons are something we usually play around with at season's end, and to a lesser degree (remember my Ali Gardner - mid-season MOP?), around Christmas break... because the problem with comparing individuals, by name, is that it can often be interpreted by the player, her friends, parents, coaches - - - in a negative way... the last thing we need to do here.

However, team-wise remarks are certainly in play. For instance, while discussing the Happy Valley at Unicoi County contest, screenandroll reasonably stated his opinion that, Happy Valley - the Team - lacked effort, which is fine; whereas (to me at least) to say, "Summer Ward didn't show up," would be way out of bounds.

To again attempt to clarify the "equal" question... we'll use a few seniors here. Mikki Oliver, Kayla Winters, Brooke Johnson, Ali Gardner - - - Any of them (and others) would significantly enhance Elizabethton's lineup. As a particular example, the combination of Pietrowski and Winters could very well put the Lady Cyclones in Murfreesboro. And this isn't to take anything from any player at Elizabethton. Bring in Ali Gardner? Same thing. And, while I won't go so far as to state (publicly) who, if anybody, a certain player might replace in the starting line-up, it's fair to suggest that the Lady Cyclones would become much better. *By choosing to name one player from a few different teams, I left some very good ones out.

Conversely, what if we put Mariah with Cloudland, Unaka, or Hampton? Same thing. So yes, she's a very impressive player. Her size. Her skill-set. Her attitude. It's all good.

So, though, we might not have any All-Americans, we have a lot of very good basketball players. Elizabethton's are as good as any; and vice versa.