7AAA

soccerboy101

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are some big games this week for 7AAA teams and who do you all think will win?

Riverdale plays the following games this week:

vs Dickson County Tuesday

vs Trinidad and Tobago Wed (Not really Riverdale but US team)

vs Warren County Thursday

vs White County Saturday

Don't know who will win but Riverdale will be ready to play.

Cookeville 4-1 White County

Pretty good game from what I could see. 2-1 with about 5-7 minutes left, White County was pressing down left flank well. Cookeville countered though, got a shot off a corner kick play that bounced in between the keeper and the post; GK should have been against the post better. Cookeville got a pk within the last couple minutes to wrap it up.

Cookeville 4-1 White County

Pretty good game from what I could see. 2-1 with about 5-7 minutes left, White County was pressing down left flank well. Cookeville countered though, got a shot off a corner kick play that bounced in between the keeper and the post; GK should have been against the post better. Cookeville got a pk within the last couple minutes to wrap it up.

I was impressed with the game overall. White County seems vastly improved. I think Cookeville was caught off guard, after years of White County being their doormat.

Prediction: White County won't finish last in the district this year.

From a sideline perspective, both of the penalties were questionable at best. In White County's case, it made the game a lot closer for awhile. All in all, I thought Cookeville played pretty well considering the field conditions, controlling most of the possession and having some nice combination play, and White County definitely has some skill and smarts. They will turn some heads.

Also, I don't think White County's GK should be at fault for the goal off the corner kick; Cookeville's forward absolutely blasted that ball, and unfortunately it caromed into the net. It very easily could have bounced out of play.