Austin East at Bearden

Turtle

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your thoughts on this game? Bearden will be coming off a lost to Oak Hill, while AE will be heading into this game underfeated... Who wins and why?

AE wins because of Guard play... In my opinion, the post area is even for both teams but I think AE has the upperhand in the guard area... AE by 8 to 10 pts...

AE guard play must have been good tonight.... ha ha.. I told you turtle. These two teams are in different leagues. Not even close.

BEARDEN 109 AUSTIN EAST 67......... DIZ ZAM GINA!!!!!

That was one of the more impressive showings I have ever seen in a high school Basketball game tonight. AE could not stop anybody on Bearden's team. Their full court press may stop teams in AA, but obviously couldn't stop Bearden tonight. I was surprised that Coach Mitchell didn't pull his players back and play half court defense. I think had they done that they may have kept it within 20 points. Supposedly AE's guard play was that much better than Bearden's.....can say I really understand that logic. If Bearden continues to play as they have played the last two games, no team in the state can touch them. I'm proud of the Bulldogs....they really came to play at the PUPPY HOUSE tonight....Hey Turtle....where ya from KID DA 8-6-5

I must say, even though the game got out of hand score wise, both the AE players, fans and coaches handled themselves with much class. As Coach Mitchell was walking off the court, I saw him say to himself, "Wow, that was impressive". Good luck to the Roadrunners the rest of the season. Hope to see you guys in the Boro playing before us in the Class AA Championship game.

BEARDEN 109 AUSTIN EAST 67......... DIZ ZAM GINA!!!!!

That was one of the more impressive showings I have ever seen in a high school Basketball game tonight. AE could not stop anybody on Bearden's team. Their full court press may stop teams in AA, but obviously couldn't stop Bearden tonight. I was surprised that Coach Mitchell didn't pull his players back and play half court defense. I think had they done that they may have kept it within 20 points. Supposedly AE's guard play was that much better than Bearden's.....can say I really understand that logic. If Bearden continues to play as they have played the last two games, no team in the state can touch them. I'm proud of the Bulldogs....they really came to play at the PUPPY HOUSE tonight....Hey Turtle....where ya from KID DA 8-6-5

There was no answer for for Bearden big 3: Parker, Simpson, Jenkins. Parker and Jenkins might be the most athletic and versitle one-two punch in the state. While Simpson is a dominent force down-low. AE has no bench and that's what I thought hurt them.Bearden just rotates 5 in 5 out with fresh legs. Who is number 12 for Bearden I think his last name is Green? He can flat out shoot it

Hahahaha, like I stated before, I won't get on here and make excuses for the lopsided lost of my beloved Roadrunners. Yes, like many of you are saying or said at the game, "I thought it would be closer game" My hat is off to the Puppies of Bearden High School..

Like my cousin stated from Central when he had 30 point game last week "the rim looked like an ocean!" With that said, Whatever Bearden threw up went it like they were throwing it in an ocean. They just had a good shooting night. I mean, what can be said other then, "Yall beat AE like a red headed step child!" THat's plain and simple.. NO excuses, no one expected it to be a blowout but it was, but we all know Bearden always slip up and lose when it counts(I had to throw one in there LOL). But, I wish you all the best of luck but I still think the guard play for Bearden isn't that good.. I mean, yes they played good last night but that's one game. They or should I say Dion, gots to play like that night in and night out.

Someone stated the 3 giants dominated AE, uh, I don't think that's true.. YEs they had some monster dunks but dominating the game, Nah, it was the wing players last night.

Key Points from Turtle:

1. Bearden threw AE's on medicine on them and press them the whole game.

2. Blevins didn't play the 5 in 5 out deal like he's been playing all year. That helped them win the game.

3. He left the hot hands in, instead of taking them out when they were feeling it hit hit Dion Fair- he came to play last night.

4. Lawson, did a good job of dribbling out of the press and not folding.

5. The refs called some fair calls, NO EXCUSES

6. Mitchell and the Boys from AE did a good job of not talking smack like Parker did - But that's Parker for you, he was playing against his cousins from AE so he had to make it hype because's he's going to have bragging rights for awhile.

7. I stated that Blevins hasn't came close to winning the state, Mitchell has been in a lot of title games he just haven't won it all... Get that right sir

8. Like I stated in another thread, AE will need to learn how to hit the FREE THROWS in order to win it all. IF they would've hit their free throws, this game would've been closer then it was.

9. 4th quarter, it seems as though AE just said, "I quit!" Bearden just kept giving it all.

10. I wish the Puppies the best of luck the rest of the year but make sure you tell Blevins to stick with what he did last night instead of subbing 5 in and 5 out.

Funny sayings during the game from some fans:

1. "AE players must've went to Marshalls before the game!" I guess you people aren't going to let that go

2. "What was Superintendent McIntyre going to do during the melee in the hallway" That was funny there, he ran out there and the fans up there by me were saying, "Oh he's going to go out there and say, "You guys are suspended the rest of the year!" LOL I guess you had to be there

3. The fans also added, "Oh the Superintendent only comes out when AE is playing, he's trying to suspend some more players from AE because they're close to Marshalls"

Man, the fans were on it last night /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But all jokes aside, I talk a lot of trash on here but usually my boys back up my trash talking. But as you can see from the game, they didn't last night but I'm ok with it and I know they're ok with it as well.. This game as for the Knox County championship, I mean, this doesn't mean anything. What counts is the GOLD Ball in March... In all honesty, I see AE making it there and winning the title. Also, I want to say I see Bearden going to the State but winning it, man, I just know how they are.. But the best of luck to you and I wish you all continue playing like you have been as of late. IT'll be something to see AE and Bearden win it all in their respective class.