Father Ryan vs. Independence

In Hoc Signo Vinces

Since both teams are tied for 5th in the state, I suppose there will be a true 5th ranked team in the state after this match.

Just curious though, I'm not sure who the 12 guys are that vote on the rankings throughout the state weekly but still cant figure out why Father Ryan (ranked 4th) was beat by Blackman (ranked 10th) and yet the rankings only changed from Ryan being dropped to 5th and Blackman moving up to 8th. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Some sort of god given common sense would tell me that the Blaze would move ahead of Ryan even if that meant that Ryan would have dropped to 9th.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If Indy wins I hope they can at least hold on to their 5th place ranking. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Realy both teams are tied for 5th? Last i saw Father Ryan was 4th and Indy was 7th. Unless they have changed, but i have not been informed on it. But it will be a great match indeed. Can't wait to see it. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realy both teams are tied for 5th? Last i saw Father Ryan was 4th and Indy was 7th. Unless they have changed, but i have not been informed on it. But it will be a great match indeed. Can't wait to see it. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Most recent coaches' poll:

1. Baylor 99

2. Bradley Central 93

3. Cleveland 81

4. McCallie 71

5. Father Ryan 57

(tie) Independence 57

7. Christian Brothers 51

8. Blackman 47

9. Brentwood Academy 28

10. Soddy Daisy 27

11. Clarksville 16

12. Ooltewah 11

Others receiving votes: Hendersonville, Hixson, Science Hill, Montgomery Bell.

Most recent coaches' poll:

1. Baylor 99

2. Bradley Central 93

3. Cleveland 81

4. McCallie 71

5. Father Ryan 57

(tie) Independence 57

7. Christian Brothers 51

8. Blackman 47

9. Brentwood Academy 28

10. Soddy Daisy 27

11. Clarksville 16

12. Ooltewah 11

Others receiving votes: Hendersonville, Hixson, Science Hill, Montgomery Bell.

Thank you where can I see those when they come out? Those aren't the same ones on tennwrestling

Thank you where can I see those when they come out? Those aren't the same ones on tennwrestling

They aren't up on tennwrestling because I haven't gotten the newest set of DI rankings yet.

The best place to find them if they aren't posted is probably the Chattanoogan's website. They seem to be the only one that publishes them regularly.

Maybe I should just start posting those each week and adding the rankings as they come in...

They aren't up on tennwrestling because I haven't gotten the newest set of DI rankings yet.

The best place to find them if they aren't posted is probably the Chattanoogan's website. They seem to be the only one that publishes them regularly.

Maybe I should just start posting those each week and adding the rankings as they come in...

The rankings were not on the chattanoogan.com website this morning. I see Walker Valley is not getting any luv, although their second win over a top 10 team was technically this week.

The rankings were not on the chattanoogan.com website this morning. I see Walker Valley is not getting any luv, although their second win over a top 10 team was technically this week.

Actually that most recent set of rankings is posted on their website. I have linked the article below:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_142866.asp

And I don't get to vote but I am willing to bet that Walker Valley at a minimum gets some votes and possibly cracks its way into the top 12. However, it could just have the effect of dropping Ooltewah out of the rankings and letting one of the other teams already receiving votes get in.

Actually that most recent set of rankings is posted on their website. I have linked the article below:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_142866.asp

And I don't get to vote but I am willing to bet that Walker Valley at a minimum gets some votes and possibly cracks its way into the top 12. However, it could just have the effect of dropping Ooltewah out of the rankings and letting one of the other teams already receiving votes get in.

You may be right, WV has beaten two of the ranked teams on the list and one of the teams listed as getting votes.