SP Basketball

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good observations from folks not wearing rose colored glasses..................

. . .

1.OP says a larger student/player pool would be nice and perhaps that will happen over time.

2.Develop off season leagues, touneys and travel ball to help sharpen skills and conditioning.

3.SP has to become more active with the develop of the younger players prior to their varsity years.

4.The development of a community YMCA or equivalent type structure,,say at the old tennis-basketball court area?

OP says SP "community" has been the area leader, but has been out worked in the last several years in direction and focus for the non football programs.

The trouble with #1 is that you end up in another classification and relativity takes over.

2, 3, and 4 used to be done on some level once upon a time . . .

The trouble with #1 is that you end up in another classification and relativity takes over.

2, 3, and 4 used to be done on some level once upon a time . . .

Old Pirate says larger pool would not neccessarily mean larger classification. OP well remembers enrollment being far larger than the current #s. The reported #s are about 60 per class 7-12, still plenty room for growth.

OP wonders where the BeatNick is, come out and play. OP is still looking forward to seeing you crawdad.

OP wonders where the BeatNick is, come out and play. OP is still looking forward to seeing you crawdad.

Dont really know what i need to craw(fish) on but if you will enlighten me as to what you are referring to I will do my best to help you out on what i am trying to say. I just think that OP is behind the Pirates when they are doing the city some good and winning. When they are down he kicks em. Better tighten up the slack on that jock strap Op. Go back and read your post, you have repeatedly talked about the basketball team and how they need a new direction and that something needs to be done. Undisciplined is one word that comes to mind. And to repeatedly comment that fence jumpers have caused Marion's team to profit and If Ands or Buts about Muir Henegar or Brooks, when you seem to put your blinders on to the fact that SPHS athletics is full of fence jumpers from Stevenson or Bridgeport. Even years ago Tim Starkey and his little Brother Marcus were seen in Jasper Middle School going to school and involved in sports. Raquis Hale here recently just came to SP after years at Jasper Middle. What would have really happened if they had all stayed north. If ands or butts OP

Dont really know what i need to craw(fish) on but if you will enlighten me as to what you are referring to I will do my best to help you out on what i am trying to say. I just think that OP is behind the Pirates when they are doing the city some good and winning. When they are down he kicks em. Better tighten up the slack on that jock strap Op. Go back and read your post, you have repeatedly talked about the basketball team and how they need a new direction and that something needs to be done. Undisciplined is one word that comes to mind. And to repeatedly comment that fence jumpers have caused Marion's team to profit and If Ands or Buts about Muir Henegar or Brooks, when you seem to put your blinders on to the fact that SPHS athletics is full of fence jumpers from Stevenson or Bridgeport. Even years ago Tim Starkey and his little Brother Marcus were seen in Jasper Middle School going to school and involved in sports. Raquis Hale here recently just came to SP after years at Jasper Middle. What would have really happened if they had all stayed north. If ands or butts OP

Old Pirate says read and comprehen Beatnick, "Address the posts" of OP's...........................don't simply rattle them ther jaws. "NEVER" mentioned new direction other than speaking of the youthfull and off season development at all age levels and in all nonfootball programs. OP bets you've had some skillets up side that gord. Again address the particular threads and don't be like the wife and just provide unwarrented lip chatter. OP says you are starting to sound like the wife's chawawa after she got into the steroids.

Hum.....lets recap............

1. OP doesn't see them down at all but need some more time to shed the football pads and remember they got a late start. They'll be fine ,given the season lasts long enough. 2.Full of fence jumpers from Stevenson & Bridgeport? OP says........name them......3. The Starkeys have always lived in SP,played summer ball in SP and ONLY went to Jasper because of reported parent work schedules.4. The younger Starkey quit playing football for Jasper immediately after taking a whipping from his home town neighborhood buds. 5. R. Hale....he played little league ball in SP and therefore was a PIRATE long before a warrior and last was reportedly made to go to Jasper until older. 6. OP says looks as if the football players wanted to win a state championship and have and the others are still wishing. 7.OP is not sure of nothing......but one thing....IF they had stayed north, they would have ended up on some serious whippings and they'd probably be more than happy to tell you that. Don't... forget........ several are scheduled in the very near future. Mark it down Beatnick.

Old Pirate says read and comprehen Beatnick, "Address the posts" of OP's...........................don't simply rattle them ther jaws. "NEVER" mentioned new direction other than speaking of the youthfull and off season development at all age levels and in all nonfootball programs. OP bets you've had some skillets up side that gord. Again address the particular threads and don't be like the wife and just provide unwarrented lip chatter. OP says you are starting to sound like the wife's chawawa after she got into the steroids.

Hum.....lets recap............

1. OP doesn't see them down at all but need some more time to shed the football pads and remember they got a late start. They'll be fine ,given the season lasts long enough. 2.Full of fence jumpers from Stevenson & Bridgeport? OP says........name them......3. The Starkeys have always lived in SP,played summer ball in SP and ONLY went to Jasper because of reported parent work schedules.4. The younger Starkey quit playing football for Jasper immediately after taking a whipping from his home town neighborhood buds. 5. R. Hale....he played little league ball in SP and therefore was a PIRATE long before a warrior and last was reportedly made to go to Jasper until older. 6. OP says looks as if the football players wanted to win a state championship and have and the others are still wishing. 7.OP is not sure of nothing......but one thing....IF they had stayed north, they would have ended up on some serious whippings and they'd probably be more than happy to tell you that. Don't... forget........ several are scheduled in the very near future. Mark it down Beatnick.

Old Pirate says the Beatnick has yet to address the posts. OP is waiting.................................

The Pirates appear to be playing better but have not yet reached near their potential. Focus and go to work...............................one day soon you'll be just another old pirate with not much to do and will be attempting to avoid them there skillet attacks.

The Pirates are beginning to play much better while beating 2 good teams in a week and a crucial rematch with Jasper on Friday looming.

Old Pirate says there is much work to do, before them there folks not wearing rose colored glasses believe......................................

Good job splitting with Grundy.

Still....................no responce from the BeatNick.

I think I can help with one of the mentioned kids. I was told from a reliable source that Hale attended SP until middle school and then attended JMS in middle school because of transportation. As for the basketball team, it seems that they could be playing better. Maybe I will get to see a game soon. Do they have a game on Friday or Saturday this week? I might try to make at least one this season.

The Pirates are beginning to play much better while beating 2 good teams in a week and a crucial rematch with Jasper on Friday looming.

Old Pirate says there is much work to do, before them there folks not wearing rose colored glasses believe......................................

Good job splitting with Grundy.

Still....................no responce from the BeatNick.

Dont really know what i need to craw(fish) on but if you will enlighten me as to what you are referring to I will do my best to help you out on what i am trying to say. I just think that OP is behind the Pirates when they are doing the city some good and winning. When they are down he kicks em. Better tighten up the slack on that jock strap Op. Go back and read your post, you have repeatedly talked about the basketball team and how they need a new direction and that something needs to be done. Undisciplined is one word that comes to mind. And to repeatedly comment that fence jumpers have caused Marion's team to profit and If Ands or Buts about Muir Henegar or Brooks, when you seem to put your blinders on to the fact that SPHS athletics is full of fence jumpers from Stevenson or Bridgeport. Even years ago Tim Starkey and his little Brother Marcus were seen in Jasper Middle School going to school and involved in sports. Raquis Hale here recently just came to SP after years at Jasper Middle. What would have really happened if they had all stayed north. If ands or butts OP. you finally come clean and show some support for the basketball team after they win a few games. You will never make yourself believe that SP is full of fence jumpers. Just as you will never admit that Trousdale County was the better team. The Pitt is full of people that believe they are the only school in the valley and that they deserve more than the rest. You people cant even finish the Princess Theater. A priceless piece of Property that is older than any one still living and you cant raise the money to finish it., but you could raise almost $100,000 to waste on additives to the gymnnasium where only 20% of the population of the school and community will ever see inside of it. Come on is there any more i can say to you OP. She really needs to hit you in a different spot with that skillet.

Dont really know what i need to craw(fish) on but if you will enlighten me as to what you are referring to I will do my best to help you out on what i am trying to say. I just think that OP is behind the Pirates when they are doing the city some good and winning. When they are down he kicks em. Better tighten up the slack on that jock strap Op. Go back and read your post, you have repeatedly talked about the basketball team and how they need a new direction and that something needs to be done. Undisciplined is one word that comes to mind. And to repeatedly comment that fence jumpers have caused Marion's team to profit and If Ands or Buts about Muir Henegar or Brooks, when you seem to put your blinders on to the fact that SPHS athletics is full of fence jumpers from Stevenson or Bridgeport. Even years ago Tim Starkey and his little Brother Marcus were seen in Jasper Middle School going to school and involved in sports. Raquis Hale here recently just came to SP after years at Jasper Middle. What would have really happened if they had all stayed north. If ands or butts OP. you finally come clean and show some support for the basketball team after they win a few games. You will never make yourself believe that SP is full of fence jumpers. Just as you will never admit that Trousdale County was the better team. The Pitt is full of people that believe they are the only school in the valley and that they deserve more than the rest. You people cant even finish the Princess Theater. A priceless piece of Property that is older than any one still living and you cant raise the money to finish it., but you could raise almost $100,000 to waste on additives to the gymnnasium where only 20% of the population of the school and community will ever see inside of it. Come on is there any more i can say to you OP. She really needs to hit you in a different spot with that skillet.

Simply put..............Old Pirate says the BeatNick is full of BS and Can't back up his post about OP's bashing or BeatNick's ability to accurately name the phanthom fence jumpers. Creditibity is fast evaporating BeatNick, you only provide lip chatter. Perhaps in a weak/vain attempt to rattle cages. OP wonders..........does Jasper even have a historic threatre.......? Jasper............look around.....everyone can see what's there, down town if Not for the court house, law offices & jail would appear near a Bridgeport or Whitwell likeness. Oh.........yes jasper does have an old threate, it currently houses an electrical supply business. You........BeatNick.......are obviously clueless.

Poor attempt at answering the lingering question......................................can the BeatNick deliver when challenged......OP says No.........

You people cant even finish the Princess Theater. A priceless piece of Property that is older than any one still living and you cant raise the money to finish it., but you could raise almost $100,000 to waste on additives to the gymnnasium...

Wow. After living in South Pittsburg for 36 years I feel like I should step up and defend my town....but I can't, not on that. You're right. However, we know we're not the only school in the county. We simply know we're the best school in the county, so I guess we do deserve more. Thanks for your support. Perhaps we could make that an official law or something since it appears all of you understand that fact just like we do.