Karns Football

kbeavr

Hope the team looks better Friday night for the big season opener,Was really surprised how good the Rams of Grace looked against Carter, HVA may have only been playing Crosby but they performed well for thier first big outing, Powell suprise of the night taking it to the defending 3-A state champs, Back to the Beavers whats everyone perdictions for the week 0 show down.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ruckus42 wrote:Heritage football is a joke and has always been a joke, surely you guys don't think that program is gonna turn around anytime soon. Karns will whip Heritage, bottomline.

Ok Ruckus42........if we're a joke what does that make you? Don't write checks with your mouth that your rear end can't cash! GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!

Congratulations to the Mountaineers - you took advantage of the opportunities you were given and made the most of them. Non-congratulations to the referees - how you could you possibly call so many penalties in one high school football game against one team (Karns), then miss an obvious pass interference call against the Beavers as they were trying to mount a final drive to tie the game?

OK it was 21-13 Heritage instead of 21-14 Karns. But I thought there were some definite bright spots for the young Karns team. The very young, inexperienced Karns defense played respectably against a talented passing and running QB. The almost-as-young Karns offense showed signs of decency and several new players stepped up. The Karns kicker demonstrated a strong leg on his extra point attempt and should be able to step up and kick more field goals this year. A win would have been much better but this was a non-conference game and I'm still bullish on these Beavers. Anyone else have observations to share?

it was heritage the refs did call allot of pentalties, must have wanted the other team to win I guess. wouldn't have anything to do with disipline the weather was great. I was there with two of my team mates from last year we seen much of the same that we went through lot n lots of high fives and all, the positives was we where able to compete with a team much as we are playing wise and william blount lost big should be able to compete with them to, after that donot know. hope #3 is ok he looked to be a good player.

I was impressed with your QB, he is taller than ours hence ours always having to sprint out of the pocket. Did you guys blitz 75% of the time or did it just seem like it? Yours showed good composure. From my view, the two teams looked pretty similar and has had a similar recent history also. I agree your kicker has a great leg. The refs were not our favorite part of the game either. Looks like we both saw questionable calls. I know from our side I thought the last 5 minutes lasted as long as the 3rd quarter. Funny on the timing of clock problems... Good Luck to the Beavers the rest of the year. Hope you do beat those govs. as well as a few others.

Karns certainly have some young guys and it showed as the night played out, Heitage was allot more physical then Karns both teams seemed to have their moments that would be nullified by the refs. This week will be interesting against another team that is trying to find its place. I have no connection to the Karns team this year other than a spectator but I really wish this young team could turn the corner and have some positives for their team. Seen #3 went out an never came back assumed he was injuired does anyone know what the case is on him? What about our big rival HVA pulling out the season opener at Carter that is a real positive for the first varsity football game in history at that school. I think this week will be Karns 20 WB 14 in a game that will define the road ahead for the next few weeks with clinton, oak ridge, maybe a tuff few weeks.