Smith Co. / G-ville

bigreid

Posted by 2much:

He did play, But not at a 100% like Ward. I would just like to seen the ball game with both of them healty. Ela knows how Troy is when he healty. And in any ballgame coaches want to win when it comes right down to it. At anything. That why they are coaches.

Claiborne made every yard he could have. There were 3 or 4 guys hitting him every time he got the ball. I don't see how a healthy "anckle" :) would have made any difference.

He ran very hard. The reason it didn't look like he ran as hard is because you didn't play anybody as good as SC's defensive line and linebackers. :D He is a very good back. Quit making excuses(as we knew you would)and worry about the rest of your 1a year. You have a much better team than last year. :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post Twan, By the end of the game I'm sure Ward had to be banged up and not 100%, but who made the big runs when it counted? He played banged up and played well. Gordonsville has an unbelievable chance this year to do very well in 1A. They are a very good football team, and to be perfectly honest, much better than last season. BUT Smith County is too !!!!!!!! :)

Posted by imallin:

Good post Twan, By the end of the game I'm sure Ward had to be banged up and not 100%, but who made the big runs when it counted? He played banged up and played well. Gordonsville has an unbelievable chance this year to do very well in 1A. They are a very good football team, and to be perfectly honest, much better than last season. BUT Smith County is too !!!!!!!! :)

Learn to spell, boy...it's Gordansville...

Someone else is interested in the job if you aren't...so you're going to have to let me know...PLEASE!...I gotta get some help one way or the other...

Posted by QueenBee:
Posted by imallin:

Learn to spell, boy...it's Gordansville...

Well we all know the SC stands for South Carthage High School.

Someone else is interested in the job if you aren't...so you're going to have to let me know...PLEASE!...I gotta get some help one way or the other...

Posted by oldchsman:
Posted by jacketpride16:

big reid it was closer than u thought wasn't it

It should have been 35-0. The secondary didn't step up and make plays when they had a chance. The 2 fumbles were what got them in the game. Those mistakes will get us beat against a conference opponent.

On a side note... I listened to the G'ville broadcast of the game...disgusting. If you tuned on after the kickoff then you didn't even know who G'ville was playing. Biased i can understand, but to completely avoid saying your opponents name is dispicable.

[Edited by oldchsman on 9-1-02 3:29P]

you could be right about that score,but that would mean the tigers shouldn't have scored. also the 306 total yards GHS picked up to SC 270 was a accident. and maybe the 6 more first downs (16-10)the tigers had over the owls was a fluke. SC beat a good team, GHS lost to a good team, the games out come came down to the last min. of the game. the more i think about it oldchsman, you could be right.

oldchsman, if you need a audio tape of the game call 735-1350 between 9 to 5 only $10.

Posted by imallin:

If he was hurt that bad, which I still say he wasn't, the real issue is why was he playing in the first place. Smith Co. wasn't a region game and to hear everyone from Gville talk, the game isn't important. He may have been banged up a little, but good rb's learn to play when they are beat up a little.

[Edited by imallin on 9-1-02 11:53P]

If you don't think he was hurt that bad, then the statement that you made would bring his heart into question. If you don't know the kid then you shouldn't make such remarks and if you do know him, then you wouldn't make such remarks. After the game, when the tape was removed, it was all that he could do to bear weight on his ankle. As far as him playing on the ankle, he had said all week that he was going to play no matter what. It was a coaching decision for him not to start on offense, to give the ankle as much rest as possible. Adrenaline is a great painkiller and that is why he made some of the plays that he made. But don't ever question Troy's heart.

[Edited by UncleStimpy on 9-2-02 8:17P]

Posted by UncleStimpy:
Posted by imallin:

If he was hurt that bad, which I still say he wasn't, the real issue is why was he playing in the first place. Smith Co. wasn't a region game and to hear everyone from Gville talk, the game isn't important. He may have been banged up a little, but good rb's learn to play when they are beat up a little.

[Edited by imallin on 9-1-02 11:53P]

If you don't think he was hurt that bad, then the statement that you made would bring his heart into question. If you don't know the kid then you shouldn't make such remarks and if you do know him, then you wouldn't make such remarks. After the game, when the tape was removed, it was all that he could do to bear weight on his ankle. As far as him playing on the ankle, he had said all week that he was going to play no matter what. It was a coaching decision for him not to start on offense, to give the ankle as much rest as possible. Adrenaline is a great painkiller and that is why he made some of the plays that he made. But don't ever question Troy's heart.

[Edited by UncleStimpy on 9-2-02 8:17P]

He played hurt as did Speck and Hackett. They had comparable injuries. He did show me something when he jumped up after Ward laid the wood to him on our sideline.

That is one of the hardest licks I've seen in a while. He is a much better back than last year, hurt or not.

One thing is for sure... he will play on Friday Night (at least for the first half) hurt, injured, or otherwise! Troy will play in every region game if he can walk! The real question about an ankle injury is how well a DB or TB can cut, plant, and shift his weight. This is what makes Troy a good back! :)

[Edited by ELA on 9-2-02 9:49P]

Posted by natedogg:

you could be right about that score,but that would mean the tigers shouldn't have scored. also the 306 total yards GHS picked up to SC 270 was a accident. and maybe the 6 more first downs (16-10)the tigers had over the owls was a fluke. SC beat a good team, GHS lost to a good team, the games out come came down to the last min. of the game. the more i think about it oldchsman, you could be right.

oldchsman, if you need a audio tape of the game call 735-1350 between 9 to 5 only $10.

You may have noticed that I did go back and revise my estimate of the score. And I wouldn't pay a dime to hear the man that once heralded G'ville as the Mecca of High school football, especially since it was said just after sept. 11.

I never questioned Troy's heart. He is a good kid. All I'm saying is that if his ankle was hurt as bad as you all are making it out to have been(stated you would like to see the game played again with a healthy Claiborne). Then apparently the coaches made a decision that could have proved to be very detrimental to a team that would have been devistated to lose their best player. Bottom line is he was healthy enough to play, played well, and now I'm hearing the excuses that I knew would come. Troy is a fine player.

G-ville got beat because they don't have a kicking game.

Extra points made and a field goal before half would have put G-ville on top. Going for 2 in a close ballgame will get you beat. You only have a 40% chance of success. Why not kick the ball deep instead of giving SC great field position? Why don't G-ville deveop a kicker just like you would a receiver or running back?