Who have the all around team that can win the gold ball in 1A

MTiger

It would be hard for me to put them in the top 5 teams in Memphis... they do play an extremely tough schedule, with in state and out state teams... but they still don't play the schedule that AAA Memphis teams play... and that is why I wouldn't put them at the top... they have played really good teams in Ridgeway, ECS, Craigmont (who they beat), etc... but they have also (without a choice) played City University, Mase, Fayette Academy, etc... Where teams like Ridgeway, Melrose, White Station, RE, etc do not play these smaller teams... Manassas is a great team, and they have only lost 2 games all year, but if you put them against the best every night in Memphis they wouldn't walk away with only two losses... They would be in every game, no doubt about it, but I don't see them consistently being better than Ridgeway, WS, Melrose, RE, Craigmont, BTW, etc... I would put them in the 7-10 range along with Germantown, Southwind, Briarcrest, Hillcrest, Central, etc...

I agree that Manassas is well respected...

I think that the Manassas - Humboldt game is what everyone is waiting for...

The difference between Manassas - Humboldt... The schedule... This is where Manassas get the respect of all and Humboldt on gets the respect of class A and possible AA... This is were scheduling may pay off in the long run...

It should be a much tighter game than last year, being as I personally don't think Manassas is as good as last year, Humboldt is a little better and it will be in a neutral site...

That being said... I still think "personally" that Manassas will win this game...

Also, I still feel Manassas was the best team in the state last year... and I am sure several other people thought so as well, but the gold ball only goes home to teams that play 4 quarters...

There's my 2 cents, run with it... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

you are so wrong!!! but thats what you think so its OK!!! you not in Memphis so you dont no better!!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah this thread isnt about memphis area teams its about the best class a TEAM which I think is humbolt or cully.

manasas and temple are 1 man shows, dont get me wrong though they are amazing as well

don't let Legend fool you

they have more than Buckner trust me

its memphis

memphis teams usually have at least 2 good players

Manassas has Northington or something who can shoot

and they have 3 others that are not bad either

I'm sure they have a pretty strong 5

don't let Legend fool you

they have more than Buckner trust me

its memphis

memphis teams usually have at least 2 good players

Manassas has Northington or something who can shoot

and they have 3 others that are not bad either

I'm sure they have a pretty strong 5

Manassas is a solid ball club folks...Shaq Walker is a solid player that can fiill it up from three. Their point guard is solid..he attacks the goal plus he can hit the open 3 when teams double down on Buckner...I personally dont think they are as strong as last year top to bottom but it wont surprise me to see them playing for the gold ball either.. If it was me I would ride Buckner to someone stops him

It would be hard for me to put them in the top 5 teams in Memphis... they do play an extremely tough schedule, with in state and out state teams... but they still don't play the schedule that AAA Memphis teams play... and that is why I wouldn't put them at the top... they have played really good teams in Ridgeway, ECS, Craigmont (who they beat), etc... but they have also (without a choice) played City University, Mase, Fayette Academy, etc... Where teams like Ridgeway, Melrose, White Station, RE, etc do not play these smaller teams... Manassas is a great team, and they have only lost 2 games all year, but if you put them against the best every night in Memphis they wouldn't walk away with only two losses... They would be in every game, no doubt about it, but I don't see them consistently being better than Ridgeway, WS, Melrose, RE, Craigmont, BTW, etc... I would put them in the 7-10 range along with Germantown, Southwind, Briarcrest, Hillcrest, Central, etc...

I agree that Manassas is well respected...

I think that the Manassas - Humboldt game is what everyone is waiting for...

The difference between Manassas - Humboldt... The schedule... This is where Manassas get the respect of all and Humboldt on gets the respect of class A and possible AA... This is were scheduling may pay off in the long run...

It should be a much tighter game than last year, being as I personally don't think Manassas is as good as last year, Humboldt is a little better and it will be in a neutral site...

That being said... I still think "personally" that Manassas will win this game...

Also, I still feel Manassas was the best team in the state last year... and I am sure several other people thought so as well, but the gold ball only goes home to teams that play 4 quarters...

There's my 2 cents, run with it... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

All of the teams that you name look at their classifation and then look at Manassas. They dont need to play Manassas. Manassas needs to play them. Manassas is a 1A school, what will they benifit from losing to a 1A school? BTW is running from Manassas they don't wnat anything to do with them they are smart. Don't want to lose to a 1A team. This is the first year that Manassas have not played Melrose. Ridgeway, Craigmont have played them. So how can you not say that they are not one of the top in the city of Memphis?

All of the teams that you name look at their classifation and then look at Manassas. They dont need to play Manassas. Manassas needs to play them. Manassas is a 1A school, what will they benifit from losing to a 1A school? BTW is running from Manassas they don't wnat anything to do with them they are smart. Don't want to lose to a 1A team. This is the first year that Manassas have not played Melrose. Ridgeway, Craigmont have played them. So how can you not say that they are not one of the top in the city of Memphis?

After having seen both Manassas and BTW, recently, I'd like to add this short summary:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Manassas is only about 60 to 70% as good this year, vs last year.

2) Manassas has a "good" team, not great (last year's was "great," IMO)....

3) Manassas hovers somewhere around the 10th - 12th best team in Mphs, in my view.

-------------------------------------------------------------

4) BTW is about 15 to 25% BETTER this year, vs last year.

5) This year's BTW team resembles last year's Manassas team, minus the game-changing big man, Buckner.

6) If these 2 teams were to play one another..... BTW would likely win, by about 8 to 15 pts, in a super-fast paced, exciting, high scoring game-- one that would likely get away from Manassas around mid-4th qtr.

7) BTW has MANY more offensive weapons this year than does Manassas.

--------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day, though, Manassas has ENOUGH firepower to get back to the 1A State Championship game.

Good Luck to Manassas, BTW and all the Mphs area teams!!!!!!!!!

After having seen both Manassas and BTW, recently, I'd like to add this short summary:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Manassas is only about 60 to 70% as good this year, vs last year.

2) Manassas has a "good" team, not great (last year's was "great," IMO)....

3) Manassas hovers somewhere around the 10th - 12th best team in Mphs, in my view.

-------------------------------------------------------------

4) BTW is about 15 to 25% BETTER this year, vs last year.

5) This year's BTW team resembles last year's Manassas team, minus the game-changing big man, Buckner.

6) If these 2 teams were to play one another..... BTW would likely win, by about 8 to 15 pts, in a super-fast paced, exciting, high scoring game-- one that would likely get away from Manassas around mid-4th qtr.

7) BTW has MANY more offensive weapons this year than does Manassas.

--------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day, though, Manassas has ENOUGH firepower to get back to the 1A State Championship game.

Good Luck to Manassas, BTW and all the Mphs area teams!!!!!!!!!

why BTW running from them??? BTW team not even close to last years team!!! Carver beat BTW and Manassas beat Carver!!! What good team has BTW played and beat??? What ranked team has BTW even played???

You from BTW and you a hater so push on!!!

Ok now I must say that I have got off of the topic also. Now back to the topic. Who will win the Gold Ball in 1A with the all around team. Lets try and stay on the topic. So now who is the best in 1A? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

why BTW running from them??? BTW team not even close to last years team!!! Carver beat BTW and Manassas beat Carver!!! What good team has BTW played and beat??? What ranked team has BTW even played???

You from BTW and you a hater so push on!!!

*********** (Readers of this 1A thread....plz pardon my intrusion, as I briefly digress from the topic at hand, and address Legend's comments. ***************

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legend,

Why must you label me a "hater," just because you don't like or agree with my (perceived) negative observations about Manassas?

Anyway, I am NOT from Booker T Washington or any other school in Memphis. I am NOT a Manassas "hater," either.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a Collierville High graduate. Yet, I am an avid supporter of ALL Mphs area teams, including Manassas. I have followed our Mphs area High School sports for many, many years. This year is no different.

I have NO BIAS towards any particular team. I will readily concede, however, that Ridgeway is the school that I have a strong affinity towards. Nevertheless, I am the type of person who calls 'em like I see 'em, no matter who....no matter what. I always have....I always will. My CoachT posts have (naturally) consistently reflected this core principle.

My observations about Manassas are based soley on what I have witnessed, with my own two eyes. They are my HONEST and UNBIASED opinion, for better or worse. Nothing more, nothing less.

I stand by my earlier assestments:

1) Manassas is only about 60 to 70% as good as last year....

2) BTW has a better TEAM than Manassas and, IMHO, would DEFEAT Manassas by 8 to 15pts.

3) Manassas is still good enough to return to the Class A State Championship.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, time will tell whether my assestments and/or conclusions are accurate ...

I KNOW a good basketball team when I see one. BTW has a very good basketball team (BETTER than last year), based on my observations. Sure, Manassas has played a tougher schedule. Nevertheless, it is my firm conclusion that BTW has a better TEAM than does Manassas. That's all.

2 Final Points:

1) BTW avenged its mid-season 5-pt loss to Carver....to the tune of 26 pts.

2) Oh, by the way......Ridgeway does NOT have a very good team this year (I wish this were not true)...I don't care what their record suggests! They will NOT make it out of Mphs this year, not even close.

3) God willing, I'll drive up to Murfreesboro (as I do, annually) and root for any/all Mphs teams that make it to the State Championship games....Yes, Legend--that INCLUDES Manassas!!

-----------------------------------------------------

******* Now, back to the topic..... ***************

Manassas wins the 1A Gold Ball this year...... I hope, anyway!!!!!!

I haven't see them play, but I really doubt it... their wins and loses look to me like they are a top 10 team, but definetely not a top 4-5 team... they will get the oppurtunity to prove me wrong, as for Clay Co. I see them getting beat in the substate by Grace Baptist or pounded in the state tournament by Manassas or Humboldt...

well clay is good but i see them getting beat in the region by Friendship Christian. YES. they beat them twice already but Friendship is ready for them. after they get beat the will also loose in sub state......