Smith Co. Football

Guest Termite

Single A team that's not Trousdale Co. or South Pitt. Enough said. What happened to DCA? Anyone know?

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Good to hear your going "Blue".. have you closed on that property yet in G-ville? oops my bad, it's on the other side of the river..

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st time I have heard that Snowy......I did heard that some Whinemorelanders were yapping about kids getting hurt....never heard that about SC Coaches or Fans. I'll say this then I'm done.......I, like most SC fans had great respect for TC, I still have some respect, but not like i did......The difference is not "he said, she said, they said"

Who knows, some of it may be true, or not true. I don't know ,you don't know. But the difference is what I saw with my on eyes and heard with my own ears........

Enough said.......and your right.....Dead Horse.

what i've posted on here about these subjects isn't he said/she said/they said stuff. anything and everything i've posted on here is based on facts. but the vilifying of our administrator is based more on the score and outcome of our last meeting rather than him talking smack. if sc had won this would be a non-issue. if the issue was totally based on the inappropriate actions of an adult in a position of power, acting in a manner that isn't befitting of their title, then you'd have to include the head nightchicken and some of your other coaches in the same boat. i can understand someone losing respect for an individual based on diagreeable actions, what i can't understand is a witch hunt for one action and complete disregard and turning the other cheek for the other since it involves the home team. if everyone in smith county is so disgusted with an adult talking jive to a kid then why isn't everyone so cavalier in their opinions of an adult grabbing a kid by the face or coaches announcing their plan of injuring an opposing player? if your respect is decreasing for tc i can only imagine, and reasonably so, that it should be decreasing for your own program as well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Guest Termite

what i've posted on here about these subjects isn't he said/she said/they said stuff. anything and everything i've posted on here is based on facts. but the vilifying of our administrator is based more on the score and outcome of our last meeting rather than him talking smack. if sc had won this would be a non-issue. if the issue was totally based on the inappropriate actions of an adult in a position of power, acting in a manner that isn't befitting of their title, then you'd have to include the head nightchicken and some of your other coaches in the same boat. i can understand someone losing respect for an individual based on diagreeable actions, what i can't understand is a witch hunt for one action and complete disregard and turning the other cheek for the other since it involves the home team. if everyone in smith county is so disgusted with an adult talking jive to a kid then why isn't everyone so cavalier in their opinions of an adult grabbing a kid by the face or coaches announcing their plan of injuring an opposing player? if your respect is decreasing for tc i can only imagine, and reasonably so, that it should be decreasing for your own program as well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll give you credit...you make it hard for me to "be done with it". /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

IF...(again I've never heard this)...IF a coach said something about injuring a player, you must be very,very close to the SC program to have heard this.Or is this "fact" based on somebody said...that somebody said??

As far as who won making a difference....maybe a little. It wouldn't make much difference to the parents of the player, but it may not have seemed so bad to everybody else. Did the Head Adminstrative Bug make an apology?Your right, winning may have made it an easier pill to swallow.

As far as grabbing a players face mask. Some question this. Having played the game, I had my face mask grabbed on many occasion, so I didn't think too much of it. I know today coaches must be kinder and gentle. Also notice the player actually played for SC....so an opposing player wasn't grabbed . The player and his family recieved an apology.So if anyone lost any respect, it was restored.

Wait a minute...I thought I saw that "dead horse" twitch. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Snowy,you, along with a few other Bug lovers shore make this fun.

Good to hear your going "Blue".. have you closed on that property yet in G-ville? oops my bad, it's on the other side of the river..

No my friend. Not in G-ville. I cant afford that level to rolling land. I will just stick to the hills and hollers in the North part of the county. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

I'll give you credit...you make it hard for me to "be done with it". /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

IF...(again I've never heard this)...IF a coach said something about injuring a player, you must be very,very close to the SC program to have heard this.Or is this "fact" based on somebody said...that somebody said??

As far as who won making a difference....maybe a little. It wouldn't make much difference to the parents of the player, but it may not have seemed so bad to everybody else. Did the Head Adminstrative Bug make an apology?Your right, winning may have made it an easier pill to swallow.

As far as grabbing a players face mask. Some question this. Having played the game, I had my face mask grabbed on many occasion, so I didn't think too much of it. I know today coaches must be kinder and gentle. Also notice the player actually played for SC....so an opposing player wasn't grabbed . The player and his family recieved an apology.So if anyone lost any respect, it was restored.

Wait a minute...I thought I saw that "dead horse" twitch. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Snowy,you, along with a few other Bug lovers shore make this fun.

your points are well taken, there is always a place for intelligent discussion on the subject of the gridiron, as in the struggle of life. i must ask you, which would hurt you more being disrespected by an opposing insects coach or the biggest chicken in your own nest? my coach and i had heated disagreements, hotter than most, but neither of us disrespected each other enough to make it physical. i also spent a lil time on the opposing sidelines during games where mean and ugly things were said to me by other coaches and players, i just gave it back to em. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

as to my sources...facts. it's easy in small towns to gather information from the horses mouth. that's why you have to kick a dead horse several times to make sure it's dead. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

your friend to the west,

snowy

Guest Termite

your points are well taken, there is always a place for intelligent discussion on the subject of the gridiron, as in the struggle of life. i must ask you, which would hurt you more being disrespected by an opposing insects coach or the biggest chicken in your own nest? my coach and i had heated disagreements, hotter than most, but neither of us disrespected each other enough to make it physical. i also spent a lil time on the opposing sidelines during games where mean and ugly things were said to me by other coaches and players, i just gave it back to em. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

as to my sources...facts. it's easy in small towns to gather information from the horses mouth. that's why you have to kick a dead horse several times to make sure it's dead. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

your friend to the west,

snowy

I expected the coach to get my attention by whatever means he saw fit at the time. That's just the way it was. If you didn't like it, you could leave at any time. If it embarressed me ,so be it. But it was for everybody. You do well, you got praised. You screw up, depending on the circumstances, there was a price to pay. But that was a different time. I never had a disagreement with my coach. There wasn't any such thing. No discussion.

Which would hurt me more....I can't say. I'm not a kid anymore, and when I was.....like I say....it was a different time.

I really don't believe you can't compare one to the other......See...I can kick my dog....but you had better not.

I really don't believe you either..........Mean , Ugly and the name SNOBALL just don't go together. They can't be used in the same sentence...../roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I expected the coach to get my attention by whatever means he saw fit at the time. That's just the way it was. If you didn't like it, you could leave at any time. If it embarressed me ,so be it. But it was for everybody. You do well, you got praised. You screw up, depending on the circumstances, there was a price to pay. But that was a different time. I never had a disagreement with my coach. There wasn't any such thing. No discussion.

So which would hurt me more??? Outsiders don't mess with family......but family can. Kind of like 3 brothers. They can fight amoungst themselves and that's OK they're still brothers in the end. But if an outsider messes with one brother , you end up fighting them all at once.

I really don't believe you.......Mean , Ugly and SNOBALL just don't go together. Can't be used in the same sentence..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

in the ascent to manhood, which is hopefully what most of these boys should be experiencing at this point in their life's, there's a fine line between respecting authority and accepting discipline and there's a fine line between enduring discipline and maintaining one's self respect. this is not easy. jocks (coaches) are of the habit of sometimes letting their emotions override their brains. as a man who has grown up between two brothers, i have observed that an outside perspective can be refreshing. sometimes brothers can't see the forest for the trees, because sometimes brothers tend to look at things through a blind eye. as far as mean, ugly and snoball goes, you are far to kind. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

remember on the ascent to manhood, the further up the mountain you go the more sno you're sure to find.

Snowy, I have to say that I agree with a lot of the things you have said. One that I don't buy is the SC coaches putting bounties on other players or wanting them hurt. I haven't ever heard of that from any of them. But your other thoughts make a lot of sense. And yes, I'm sure had the Owls won that game that to most the scene wouldn't have been as big a deal. Also, if I were you I would make sure my sources are very accurate. You may be being slightly mislead. People can often times have hidden agendas and/or emotioal type reasons for skewing the truth even a little if it benefits a message they are trying to falsely convey.

Snowy, I have to say that I agree with a lot of the things you have said. One that I don't buy is the SC coaches putting bounties on other players or wanting them hurt. I haven't ever heard of that from any of them. But your other thoughts make a lot of sense. And yes, I'm sure had the Owls won that game that to most the scene wouldn't have been as big a deal. Also, if I were you I would make sure my sources are very accurate. You may be being slightly mislead. People can often times have hidden agendas and/or emotioal type reasons for skewing the truth even a little if it benefits a message they are trying to falsely convey.

Like dating the so called player in question, The TC QB, and being of the same last name as snowball. That should shed a little light on the truth of the matter. It is skewed.

i stick by my sources 100%. the thing is i don't picture all of smith counties coaches sitting in a dimly lit room contriving and scheming to really mess a kid up for life. i was told the situation was one of a coach talking a lil jive with a student. which personally i'm ok with, i loved talking that jive. what i'm trying to convey by bringing this up over and over is that what our head man did was a basiclly the same as this coach of yours. my assessment of this situation is this... what happened last year is no reason to discontinue this rivaly. i think it's an excuse and i think it is basically a very peripheral issue. i think it is much more of a personal decision rather than one of self imposed higher morals. i agree with what you said, your last sentence put's my thoughts into words perfectly.

i stick by my sources 100%. the thing is i don't picture all of smith counties coaches sitting in a dimly lit room contriving and scheming to really mess a kid up for life. i was told the situation was one of a coach talking a lil jive with a student. which personally i'm ok with, i loved talking that jive. what i'm trying to convey by bringing this up over and over is that what our head man did was a basiclly the same as this coach of yours. my assessment of this situation is this... what happened last year is no reason to discontinue this rivaly. i think it's an excuse and i think it is basically a very peripheral issue. i think it is much more of a personal decision rather than one of self imposed higher morals. just my opinion.

Yes, it is personal. And I have to say that I don't agree that it was the same two things that were done. Not all of the morale reasons were exactly self imposed either. About the rivalry. . . It was a good one. You guys brought a good gate a couple of times. The games for the most part were hard fought, competitive and clean. Usually a break or two here or there decided the outcome. I think the players of both teams usually handled everything with a lot of class and had a mutual respect for each other. It's too bad the adults, on both sides, can't learn to behave the same way.