8AAA Predictions?

StealthBuster

when is shelbyville and columbia going to make up their game?

Haven't heard yet, but I'm assuming at the end of the season. May mean a lot, may not.

Lawrence County will not sweep Shelbyville. They will do good to get the split.

Coffee County will probably finish no worse than 9-3, so they are sitting pretty.

My guess is Columbia and Shelbyville both could also finish either 9-3 or 8-4.

After that, I'm saying Lincoln County and Lawrence County will both be about 7-5 or 6-6, which would set up those two in the #4 vs. #5 matchup.

Franklin County and Tullahoma obviously are almost a lock for the play-in game.

As has been said over and over and over, though, anything can happen in this district. Nobody knows for sure. Also, the tournament will be wide open no matter who is seeded where. Does anyone know if the tournament is going to be at Columbia Central or at Columbia State or maybe even both????

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good ole 8AAA never disappoints. It's always been a competitive league. That sophomore group at Columbia is the same bunch that won the state in LL when they were 11 and 12. I'm not surprised they are having success early in their high school careers. How hard is Horne throwing?

Haven't heard yet, but I'm assuming at the end of the season. May mean a lot, may not.

Coffee County will probably finish no worse than 9-3, so they are sitting pretty.

After that, I'm saying Lincoln County and Lawrence County will both be about 7-5 or 6-6, which would set up those two in the #4 vs. #5 matchup.

As has been said over and over and over, though, anything can happen in this district. Nobody knows for sure. Also, the tournament will be wide open no matter who is seeded where. Does anyone know if the tournament is going to be at Columbia Central or at Columbia State or maybe even both????

Makeup is 4/26. So after starting 6-0,you think Columbia will finish 3-3 or 2-4? No respect! Of course if everyone has to face Cooper twice like Columbia (thanks to some fancy weather predictions and schedule manipulation by Coach Frazier), Shelbyville may win all their remaining games!

Makeup is 4/26. So after starting 6-0,you think Columbia will finish 3-3 or 2-4? No respect! Of course if everyone has to face Cooper twice like Columbia (thanks to some fancy weather predictions and schedule manipulation by Coach Frazier), Shelbyville may win all their remaining games!

Columbia has to play Lincoln County twice, Coffee County twice, and Shelbyville once. That's enough said. I've giving them the benefit of the doubt and saying they could go 3-2 in those games. What's wrong with that and what's the big deal...most would take 9-3 or 8-4 and run with it in this district, so please give me a break on the respect thing. A 6-0 start in the district is great, but the facts are the facts and their remaining schedule is much tougher. Most all reasonable fans in this district would agree with that 100%. No dissrespect here...Columbia is a very solid team. You think they are going 10-2 or 11-1? If they go 4-1 in the last five, that would be a great accomplishment considering their schedule but please don't take offense to one man's opinion anyway.

On your other point, that's laughable. "Some fancy weather predictions and schedule manipulation". What a shame. Frazier is God now? All-knowing and all-powerful and he should know exactly what the weather is going to do at all times??? How in the world can anyone control the weather? You're way off base on that one. It rained three or four inches with tornado and flash flood watches out all evening Thursday. Secondly, how do you (all-knowing I guess) know Cooper will for sure pitch the next time around and how do you know that game will mean anything by then? A lot of games between now and then. Why worry and come out with all these accusations anyway? It sounds so immature and premature. Shelbyville and Lincoln County got rained out early last year and the game was made up at the end of the season. It ended up meaning absolutely nothing by then, so you're jumping the gun bigtime.

Besides, with your logic, Columbia will win every game until the Shelbyville game anyway. So, they will be 10-1 with first place locked up by then.

All games will be at Columbia Central. The JUCO tournament will be going on at C-State the same week.

Columbia has to play Lincoln County twice, Coffee County twice, and Shelbyville once. That's enough said. I've giving them the benefit of the doubt and saying they could go 3-2 in those games. What's wrong with that and what's the big deal...most would take 9-3 or 8-4 and run with it in this district, so please give me a break on the respect thing. A 6-0 start in the district is great, but the facts are the facts and their remaining schedule is much tougher. Most all reasonable fans in this district would agree with that 100%. No dissrespect here...Columbia is a very solid team. You think they are going 10-2 or 11-1? If they go 4-1 in the last five, that would be a great accomplishment considering their schedule but please don't take offense to one man's opinion anyway.

On your other point, that's laughable. "Some fancy weather predictions and schedule manipulation". What a shame. Frazier is God now? All-knowing and all-powerful and he should know exactly what the weather is going to do at all times??? How in the world can anyone control the weather? You're way off base on that one. It rained three or four inches with tornado and flash flood watches out all evening Thursday. Secondly, how do you (all-knowing I guess) know Cooper will for sure pitch the next time around and how do you know that game will mean anything by then? A lot of games between now and then. Why worry and come out with all these accusations anyway? It sounds so immature and premature. Shelbyville and Lincoln County got rained out early last year and the game was made up at the end of the season. It ended up meaning absolutely nothing by then, so you're jumping the gun bigtime.

Besides, with your logic, Columbia will win every game until the Shelbyville game anyway. So, they will be 10-1 with first place locked up by then.

"It rained three or four inches with tornado and flash flood watches out all evening Thursday"

You are making my point.

Tuesday every team in district played, yet Frazier after telling Columbia to "Come on"

calls 2 minutes later and cancels game. Then,Thursday tells Columbia "Come on"and they sit in the Gym for 2 1/2 hrs. when not a single team in Mid. Tn. played. Why? Tuesday was a much more playable day,yet no effort to play.

As for 6-0 v whatever, no doubt Columbia schedule gets tougher. Never suggested 10-2,11-1 that's your statement. Nine district wins would be a great season for anyone. Why was game not made up Fri or Sat. I always thought district games took priority over non-district. Am I wrong?

You are right I don't "know" Cooper will pitch on 4/26, do you "know" he won't? But if if it means a 2nd place finish and a 1st round bye for Shelbyville, you can bet the farm he will! Agreed? Ask LC, & CC what they think will happen on 4/26. You will get the same answer. The facts are the opportunity now exists.

I have a ton of respect for the Shelbyville program. I just feel that Coach Frazier's lack of effort on Tuesday has created some reasons for questioning his motives.

"It rained three or four inches with tornado and flash flood watches out all evening Thursday"

You are making my point.

Tuesday every team in district played, yet Frazier after telling Columbia to "Come on"

calls 2 minutes later and cancels game. Then tells Columbia "Come on" Thursday and they sit in Gym for 2 1/2 hrs. when not a single team in Mid. Tn. played. Why? Tuesday was a much more playable day,yet no effort to play.

As for 6-0 v whatever, no doubt Columbia schedule gets tougher. Never suggested 10-2,11-1 that's your statement. Nine district wins would be a great season for anyone. Why was game not made up Fri or Sat. I always thought district games took priority over non-district. Am I wrong?

You are right I don't "know" Cooper will pitch on 4/26, do you "know" he won't? But if if it means a 2nd place finish and a 1st round bye for Shelbyville, you can bet the farm he will! Agreed? Ask LC, & CC what they think will happen on 4/26. You will get the same answer. The facts are the opportunity now exists.

I have a ton of respect for the Shelbyville program. I just feel that Coach Frazier's lack of effort on Tuesday has created some reasons for questioning his motives.

Hindsight is 20-20 on the Tuesday weather, although I do believe they could have played that night as well. It did look bad there for a while and they could not have played at the scheduled time of 4. But, to make your statement, you would have to believe the coach new for sure that only one game would be played that week. How could he at that time know the weather would for sure be horrible on Thursday and it would wipe out the make-up day? None of us knew that. That is crazy and I'm pretty sure Cooper wasn't going to pitch again Thursday. By canceling Tuesday's game, the coach had no "all-knowing" prior knowledge that Thursday would be a rain-out as well and someone other than Cooper would have had to throw that game. You can argue about Tuesday all you want after the fact, but you cannot argue that he knew only one game would be played during the week and had it all planned out as you suggest.

I was wondering the same thing on making it up Friday or Saturday, but I'm not sure what the district rules say. However, this week, Friday would have not been an option. The field was still under water then. My guess is most coaches would not make it up on Saturday just simply because the following district series begins Tuesday. Again, I don't know what was discussed in district meetings and what their rules say for that.

Sure, Cooper may very well pitch against Columbia again if it means a lot which is very possible, but so what. It's not a guaranteed win by any means. Spring Hill, who is extremely good by the way, showed how to beat him just last week. You never know what could happen on a given day, especially in this district and Columbia is a good team. It's probably a positive for Columbia to see that kind of pitching anyway late in the year, especially if they go on to advance to the region. Just lighten up a little. This is not some big conspiracy. Tennessee weather is nuts this time of year and we can't control it no matter what we do.

That one game is not going to make or break anyone, no matter what is on the line for the regular season. It's all about the tournament, which is at Columbia by the way. Those games are the most important.

Hindsight is 20-20 on the Tuesday weather, although I do believe they could have played that night as well. It did look bad there for a while and they could not have played at the scheduled time of 4. But, to make your statement, you would have to believe the coach new for sure that only one game would be played that week. How could he at that time know the weather would for sure be horrible on Thursday and it would wipe out the make-up day? None of us knew that. That is crazy and I'm pretty sure Cooper wasn't going to pitch again Thursday. By canceling Tuesday's game, the coach had no "all-knowing" prior knowledge that Thursday would be a rain-out as well and someone other than Cooper would have had to throw that game. You can argue about Tuesday all you want after the fact, but you cannot argue that he knew only one game would be played during the week and had it all planned out as you suggest.

I was wondering the same thing on making it up Friday or Saturday, but I'm not sure what the district rules say. However, this week, Friday would have not been an option. The field was still under water then. My guess is most coaches would not make it up on Saturday just simply because the following district series begins Tuesday. Again, I don't know what was discussed in district meetings and what their rules say for that.

Sure, Cooper may very well pitch against Columbia again if it means a lot which is very possible, but so what. It's not a guaranteed win by any means. Spring Hill, who is extremely good by the way, showed how to beat him just last week. You never know what could happen on a given day, especially in this district and Columbia is a good team. It's probably a positive for Columbia to see that kind of pitching anyway late in the year, especially if they go on to advance to the region. Just lighten up a little. This is not some big conspiracy. Tennessee weather is nuts this time of year and we can't control it no matter what we do.

That one game is not going to make or break anyone, no matter what is on the line for the regular season. It's all about the tournament, which is at Columbia by the way. Those games are the most important.

No conspircy theory here. I guess I'm more frustrated with the drive to Shelbyville Thursday, when everyone knew there would be no game. Yet nothing Tuesday. I would never short change Jordan. I know and respect his abilities all to well. This is in my mind a dead issue. Good luck the rest of the way, wherever your elegances lie.

Good ole 8AAA never disappoints. It's always been a competitive league. That sophomore group at Columbia is the same bunch that won the state in LL when they were 11 and 12. I'm not surprised they are having success early in their high school careers. How hard is Horne throwing?

Tullahoma's Freshman and sophomore class went to state their late LL and early babe ruth years, Junior class won state in early BR and 8th grade class came in 4th or 3rd in Southeast regional, but look at Tullahoma, nothing. Lots of kids quit, get hurt, ......do stupid things ( /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

This part of the season is always the best, emotions will flare and momentum will swing all over the place.

No conspircy theory here. I guess I'm more frustrated with the drive to Shelbyville Thursday, when everyone knew there would be no game. Yet nothing Tuesday. I would never short change Jordan. I know and respect his abilities all to well. This is in my mind a dead issue. Good luck the rest of the way, wherever your elegances lie.

Fair enough. Good luck the rest of the way. By the way, I think it's safe to say all of us are very thankful for the two-game series idea that began four or five years ago. Before that came along, it was crazy. The ace always pitched the "tougher" games in the district and usually could throw up to 7 or 8 of the 12 total games. That was not fair at all to the teams with more balanced pitching and no true ace. They were just kind of out of luck until the tournament came around. Good decision by all the coaches and administrators to make that logical switch. It's fun this way, too. Should be a great rest of the season!