What Now for Anderson Co.?

InsideOut1

Insideout1, obviously you are close to the program with all your insight about the district and the state of basketball at AC. What's your agenda by bringing this up at this point in the season? This seems to be a 1 vs everyone else on this thread and I can't really tell if your attacking the staff, the players, or just stirring the pot because your bored. In my opinion, most kids these days roll their eyes at their coaches, teachers, and parents. It's sad isn't it? Funny you choose this situation with AC being 7-0 in their district, maybe you are a Stone Memorial saboteur, but I think we both know better considering you had to have been at the Catholic/AC game . Also, how can you say that beating Stone and Carter was expected. Those are upsets. You of all people know how good Stone would be this season and how hard it is to win at Carter with their athletes. Just curious

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"ive been around the district for awhile now." Is that three years as long as Stone has been around??? If he wasnt their leading scorer, assist man, i sure you can ask Jimmy "Nick" Dolan and he can tell you he was the best shooter. He was bombing them in from the Mav head at A.C.

Walden was All-District and All-Region as a sophomore, junior and senior. Led them in Assists for 2 years after changing positions with the graduation of an All-State point guard. Led in steals for 2 years and was the leading scorer his junior year and the second leading scorer by only a point or two per game on fewer shots as a senior. He generally played better in big games as the AC and Stone people will attest to. Ask Coach Buck or Coach Wallace their thoughts. Coach Wallace came up with a pretty good game plan to stop him in the tourney with a double team when he got to half court.

I'm certainly glad AC is 7-0 or this thread might be really ugly. I'm not surprised they beat Stone at home but I was surprised at the margin of victory. Carter win is a good win. Only other district game I see they could lose might be the game at Stone.

Well did you ever see catholic play last year? just asking. but when i saw them numerous times it looked like a two man show and walden was part of that and i saw the stats, he wasnt the leading scorer, shooter, or assist man last year. the only problem was they had 90% of their shots and they just werent a "team". they finished the season 17-12. im just saying id rather have 3 decent guards that play excellent together than one that forces shots. thats just me though

Go Stone!!!

Better check your stats a little closer. I doubt their accuracy. The ones I saw were a little different than what you obviously saw. Can't base everything off the PrepXtra stats if that's your refence point.

Better check your stats a little closer. I doubt their accuracy. The ones I saw were a little different than what you obviously saw. Can't base everything off the PrepXtra stats if that's your refence point.

Thanks, Thats what i was saying the whole time. How can you be a better team with out Ryan Walden. All State player gone, but you are a better team, make no sense to me! He has been around the district for a while now, so he might know something we dont. I think the rolling of the eyes and attitude problems at A.C. go beyond your normal high school teams. I just wanted to know how far can this A.C. team go, or will they end up like all the teams of the past, one or two and done in the region.

AC has been notorious for only getting one or two region tourney games every year and the same teams putting them out ik for the past 4 years it was Alcoa and Austin East being the teams that kept AC was from advancing on but I would like to see this AC team mature over the rest of this season and make it past this part of the post season. And I do think that Insideout is making a great point by saying that Walden did make Catholic alot better in the past few years. I would also say that from looking at the AC team from a coaching standpoint it has a pretty good staff. The staff out at AC has made some good strides in the past few years but I would also say that they have made some bad moves too. But looking at it from that point everyone will make mistakes but I would like to see how far this AC team can go considering they are moving up next year.

Tonight will be a big game for AC to test the maturity level and to see if they understand that they have a game to play tonight that they aren't suppose to lose. Clinton is a hard place to play but a win tonight against the dragons could maybe give this AC team the right jumpstart to getting them going here late in the season. I have heard from a few AC fans that the game at AC should have been won by the Mavs but they just couldn't pull themselves together so at tonights game you will see if the boys from Anderson County have grown up since December. Hopefully they play together and not as individuals like insideout has already said. If they play as a team instead of indviduals then I take AC big in the rivalry game tonight.

They have not won a game they should not have won (being the underdog) Ex. Fulton and A.E.- yes, both are very good teams but A.C. should not lose by a combined 54 to those two teams in 2 games. They have lost 2 games they should have won. Ex Clinton and Grace- Yes, Grace is good but they are single A, as talented a team A.C. has they should not being losing to single A teams, Agreed? No reason they should have been down 13 to Catholic heading into the 4th. They play with no passion or want too.

If your going to single out games you need to actually know what happened in those games. They lost to Grace without 3 key players. Jordan Rorex has only played in 1 of the fulton games and has yet to play AE. The Clinton game was Jordan's 2nd game back, and you could tell he wasn't completely ready. So there are 5 games basically without the best player in the district. And yes they might have been down to Catholic, but at Catholic playing 2 quality teams in back to back nights can be tough. Yet they still got the Win.

AC has been notorious for only getting one or two region tourney games every year and the same teams putting them out ik for the past 4 years it was Alcoa and Austin East being the teams that kept AC was from advancing on but I would like to see this AC team mature over the rest of this season and make it past this part of the post season. And I do think that Insideout is making a great point by saying that Walden did make Catholic alot better in the past few years. I would also say that from looking at the AC team from a coaching standpoint it has a pretty good staff. The staff out at AC has made some good strides in the past few years but I would also say that they have made some bad moves too. But looking at it from that point everyone will make mistakes but I would like to see how far this AC team can go considering they are moving up next year.

It's tough getting past either AE or Fulton to advance to the sub-State. I think Catholic is the only team to advance to the sub-State and/or State since they've joined the district. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hard to pin that label on just AC. It's important to finish first or second in the district tourney to avoid a first round matchup with either of those.

It's tough getting past either AE or Fulton to advance to the sub-State. I think Catholic is the only team to advance to the sub-State and/or State since they've joined the district. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hard to pin that label on just AC. It's important to finish first or second in the district tourney to avoid a first round matchup with either of those.

Yes, you are right I shouldn't have just labeled AC in the picture of not being able to make it past the first or second round of the region. It is the entire district that can't make it past the second round. But i know that it is very tough but teams like AC and Catholic and now with Stone in there should be able to make a little bit of noise in the region tourney. But i apologize for just pointng out AC like that.

Thanks, Thats what i was saying the whole time. How can you be a better team with out Ryan Walden. All State player gone, but you are a better team, make no sense to me! He has been around the district for a while now, so he might know something we dont. I think the rolling of the eyes and attitude problems at A.C. go beyond your normal high school teams. I just wanted to know how far can this A.C. team go, or will they end up like all the teams of the past, one or two and done in the region.

And by some mystical chance Catholic is some how playing better. It's called chemistry. Granted losing players like Walden and Conaty can be tough but Coach Hutchens has been doing it for years. When Drew Franklin and Charlie Davis, graduated off of a 21 win DII East championship team, the the next years team won 28 games went to state. When Tony Fox and Daniel Sheridan graduated from that team they won 22 the next and went to state, when Brett Connor and Paul Thames graduated off that team, Matt Parton and Tremaine Brown led the team to 25 wins and another state tournament appearance in DI. This year's team may lack a named player like Walden or Conaty but the Irish are playing better as a team. If not for freethrow shooting and playing 4 on 5 in an overtime game, Catholic could be 14-2 instead of 11-5. They are averaging more points per game than last year, rebounding is up and the defense is giving up less points than last year. Still the season is far from over and we'll see how the Irish stack up. As stated earlier AC is playing good and their defense is tough, they'll represent our district just fine in the region.

Walden was All-District and All-Region as a sophomore, junior and senior. Led them in Assists for 2 years after changing positions with the graduation of an All-State point guard. Led in steals for 2 years and was the leading scorer his junior year and the second leading scorer by only a point or two per game on fewer shots as a senior. He generally played better in big games as the AC and Stone people will attest to. Ask Coach Buck or Coach Wallace their thoughts. Coach Wallace came up with a pretty good game plan to stop him in the tourney with a double team when he got to half court.

I'm certainly glad AC is 7-0 or this thread might be really ugly. I'm not surprised they beat Stone at home but I was surprised at the margin of victory. Carter win is a good win. Only other district game I see they could lose might be the game at Stone.

I would like to know who kept the stats for Catholic during those years. Maybe someone knows.

I would like to see the Mavs stay perfect through the regular season in the district so that they can lock up that automatic bid to the region. But what really matters is getting those wins in the tourney. Nobody will remember who got beat in the first or second round of the region but they will remember who plays in the championship game and plays in sub state. Another thing the mavs really need to focus on right now is playing one game at a time and not looking forward to post season just yet. They will need to play as a team and not as individuals but guess everyone will see how the game turns out against clinton tonight.