SKYLAR McBEE

SWEETWATER

I saw Grainger play in the Christmas Tournament in Union City with Cannon County. Grainger playing a very good defensive game against Cannon County which is a team and teams they need to play against it was a good learing experence. If I was a AD or coach at any School looking for a complete player that will use his head instead of the pressure within this is the man I want. I am anxious to watch this young man through his career and show what he can do and will do. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who all is looking at him now? It would be a nice pick-up for UT if he decided to walk-on.

Wake Forest is very interested in him and they're talking about a scholarship and not walking on. My advice to UT is to quit holding out for him to still be available at the end of the late signing period and offer him a scholarship or he'll head elsewhere. He really wants to play at UT, but I'm hoping he opts for the place where he can play AND get his education paid for in the process. He's also had offers from UAB, Indiana State, Tulane, MTSU, ETSU, and several other D-I schools.

I read somewhere (don't remember where) that if Wake doesn't offer he would walk on at UT. I don't think Wake will offer and I hope this kid goes to a good midmajor program.........A walk on at UT is like the kiss of death.

Oh no! Not the dreaded walk-on at UT statements! Skylar is awesome and could walk on and play for Bruce, but he would do a lot better at Wake Forest or a good mid-major program like Murray St. or Middle Tennessee!

I would love to see him @ MTSU !!! UT I agree will not help he does not fit in @ that type of program. The Sun Belt is where he will shine!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Last time I checked, McBee is very athletic, quick and can shoot.......and UT doesn't have any long range shooters either.....