Pickett Co. Basketball

catchpc10

You couldn't be more wrong catchpc10. I am tired of you always bashing the coaches when a game is lost. They are doing the best with the talent they have. Our coaches know more about basketball than me and you combined. You have no right to question their knowledge of the game. You just went on this rant because you think your brother should be getting playing time. The Ferrell kid is pretty good. I have been to some jv games and he has played pretty good in the ones I've seen. He is the best freshman on the team. How many jv games have you been to? That's what I thought!

Ummm....he is my brother, and I am not catchpc10 dude....I know my brother shouldn't be getting anymore playing time than any of the other freshman because he is exactly that....a freshman....I'm pretty sure that he'll be one of the best players in the freshman class and he'll be a pretty good one by the time he is a junior and everything the doctors have told him he's gonna be 6'4 or 6'5...so with that and once he puts some weight on, learn to play defense and he learns all of Coach Bibb's offensive and defensive sets he'll be good. He just needs time, not many players are good enough to get to play much as freshman.....I know I wasn't....but I will say this, I do wish that all the freshman that don't get to play and go to practice and work hard, i am saying all five of them, should get in at the end of blow out games, but thats my opinion and it doesn't mean much, I know Coach Bibb knows what he's doing...But I have opinions and you have opinions and we all have them....doesn't mean we're right, just mean we have an opinion.

I think everyone thinks I was catchpc because several years ago I told some guys that it was me to throw them off who I really was, but that was another address, not catchpc10....I've had this one for a couple of years and most everyone knows who I am. I have no opinions on Coach Bibb, because I know he knows more than I do....I'm just an old cat fan, who is not enjoying having a losing season and is frustrated and sometimes say things I should keep to myself and I hope no one holds that against my brother, but this season is no ones fault, just an off year for our program, Bibb will right the ship by next season, they will be back to #1 or #2 in this district.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bobcats have ONE off year in over 20. No other school can say that. No other school in the state has been in the district finals for over 20 years in a row. This year's team is doing just fine and can't be compared to the talent these teams have had in the past. They are are improving and nearly beat Clarkrange and beat JC, except against JC the refs made sure they didn't. Ben was tackled at the end and it was a farce that there was no foul called... or how about a minute earlier when Joseph Dowdy was tackled going for his shot and nothing was called? I think 7A will not overlook PC come the district playoffs. They may not be able to beat Celina but JC and Clarkrange know PC can beat them.

The Bobcats have ONE off year in over 20. No other school can say that. No other school in the state has been in the district finals for over 20 years in a row. This year's team is doing just fine and can't be compared to the talent these teams have had in the past. They are are improving and nearly beat Clarkrange and beat JC, except against JC the refs made sure they didn't. Ben was tackled at the end and it was a farce that there was no foul called... or how about a minute earlier when Joseph Dowdy was tackled going for his shot and nothing was called? I think 7A will not overlook PC come the district playoffs. They may not be able to beat Celina but JC and Clarkrange know PC can beat them.

Actually '97 was an off year as well....That teams only accomplishment was getting to the district finals.. So that would actually make this the second off year in the last twenty years..but that is still pretty good....This team has won 6 games, I don't call that just fine...This team will compete next year and the year after, and for possibly 5 more years....This team was in both of the games you mentioned....but lets not say we won that game and the refs beat us out of it....was that a foul? oh yeah, and I think even some from JC will agree, but Joe Dowdy had free throws to tie or win the game, and missed both of them....If we could shoot free throws, under pressure especially, we could have won that game and many others....So lets blame that on our lack of free throw shooting and not the missed call. This team will be scary when they get to tournament, just depends on which team shows up, will it be the team against Clarkrange and Jackson Co or the team against York and Russellville?

Actually '97 was an off year as well....That teams only accomplishment was getting to the district finals.. So that would actually make this the second off year in the last twenty years..but that is still pretty good....This team has won 6 games, I don't call that just fine...This team will compete next year and the year after, and for possibly 5 more years....This team was in both of the games you mentioned....but lets not say we won that game and the refs beat us out of it....was that a foul? oh yeah, and I think even some from JC will agree, but Joe Dowdy had free throws to tie or win the game, and missed both of them....If we could shoot free throws, under pressure especially, we could have won that game and many others....So lets blame that on our lack of free throw shooting and not the missed call. This team will be scary when they get to tournament, just depends on which team shows up, will it be the team against Clarkrange and Jackson Co or the team against York and Russellville?

I think you are corect in saying that was a foul at midcourt but the rest of the game PC got 75% of the calls because Smith in girls game and Bibb in boys game didtated nearly every call the short young official made and he was asked if he was going to get run out of gym and he T'd Smith up finally after he rant and raved then he tried to make it up in boys game. JC had terrible shooting night 22% and that won't happen much and missed 7 or 8 layups but I believe when we play again it will be closer to 17-20 like it was earlier.Don't base your post season on one close game but look at other district games and see who's beat who and yes one of our two losses was to RBS but we are inexperienced and inconsistant but we usally are ready by post season.

You all from Celina and some of you from JC have no idea what it is like to have a winning boys program....you have no idea what it takes....and no, it won't be like this in two years....these sophomores are gonna be very good as seniors after getting a lot of playing time for two years...these freshman will maybe start getting time in games next year....and this group of 7th graders is gonna be good even when they get to high school in two years at freshman....this Hughes kid, 6'3 center, is a man child in 7th grade....wait til he gets to high school, all these 7a folks will be eating their words once again.

I think Clay Co knows what its like to have a winning season from what I remember Clay beat you several times when it really mattered you just need to worry about Pickett right now and Clay will worry about Clay

In 97 Pickett Co. also went to the substate at Sale Creek I believe. I'd say most any school making the substate would not consider it an off year, or making the district championship and since they went to the substate, the region championship game. I believe they lost to Clarkrange at the buzzer. As for this year, 6-12 is fine considering that is about what was expected. 0-18 wouldn't be fine. 12-6 would be great. I'm not saying 6-12 makes me happy, but they did play well against Friendship at home, and lately against Clarkrange and Jackson Co. and some others they could have won. They just go into a scoring freeze. I wish they'd get the ball into Heath Elder when that happens. They'll be better next year and very good again in 2 years. My point was no school has had such a great run and our fans should be proud of the past 20 plus years.

onthego said it

u worry bout pc

cc worrys bout cc

youll be #1 or 2 in district is a opinion its not a guarantee sorry buddy.

you have a 7th grade 6'3 center? well thats dandy..did pc beat cc in jr high games this year? no

good luck to both programs in the long run though espicially the dawgs /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think you are corect in saying that was a foul at midcourt but the rest of the game PC got 75% of the calls because Smith in girls game and Bibb in boys game didtated nearly every call the short young official made and he was asked if he was going to get run out of gym and he T'd Smith up finally after he rant and raved then he tried to make it up in boys game. JC had terrible shooting night 22% and that won't happen much and missed 7 or 8 layups but I believe when we play again it will be closer to 17-20 like it was earlier.Don't base your post season on one close game but look at other district games and see who's beat who and yes one of our two losses was to RBS but we are inexperienced and inconsistant but we usally are ready by post season.

Listen, you could see coach Smith turn it on, he wanted that T and wasn't gonna stop til he got one. As for the boys game, you think maybe, just maybe that JC shot 22% and missed all those layups due to PC's defense? Probably so, cause lets look at how PC has been playing according to its competition in single A in the last couple of weeks. Clarkrange lost by three, shut down Brandon Upchurch, JC lost by 2 held JC to 22%, lost twice to Friendship twice by 10 or less both times. Now a key word there, is they lost, but they are a different team now than they were when they played at JC....JC is good, no doubt about that, but there gym is also hard to win in....I think someone told me that JC boys have lost one district game at home since they moved to single a, that's quiet and accomplishment. So its not so easy to just go in their in win...This PC team is good, they have played every team in district tough with the exception of Clay, but have yet to play them in the second half of the season.

In 97 Pickett Co. also went to the substate at Sale Creek I believe. I'd say most any school making the substate would not consider it an off year, or making the district championship and since they went to the substate, the region championship game. I believe they lost to Clarkrange at the buzzer. As for this year, 6-12 is fine considering that is about what was expected. 0-18 wouldn't be fine. 12-6 would be great. I'm not saying 6-12 makes me happy, but they did play well against Friendship at home, and lately against Clarkrange and Jackson Co. and some others they could have won. They just go into a scoring freeze. I wish they'd get the ball into Heath Elder when that happens. They'll be better next year and very good again in 2 years. My point was no school has had such a great run and our fans should be proud of the past 20 plus years.

Actually in '97 that was the first year TSSAA started the sectional format where the top 2 teams for our region and 2 teams from Chattanooga's region would go to a place obviously that year it was Sale Creek..So they lost the district championship game, lost region championship game, and then lost the first round of the sectional, and they weren't tri-lakes conference champs either....so that team really didn't accomplish anything, in terms of what PC had done before and after that....that wasn't a very good team either. This team could very easily be 10-8 if they have won some of their close games. So yeah, that we are 6-12 is disappointing, it could be worse, it could be better, but its not. We as fan, or atleast I am, very proud of our past, but I have no intention of thinking our programs run has come to an end. Usually at the end of a great run, we have one down year in which we need to rebuild, '97 was that, and so is '09...'90-'96 we have an incredible run were we made state tournament every year but '94, and then '98-'08 we made state 4 times, made substate 3 times and then went to sectionals two or three times as well.. The next wave is coming thru, its just gonna take this season and part of next season to get us going good again.

OMG! What kind of post is this? You think Jackson Co. got any calls on Picketts home floor? JC's big men got held all night, their guards got slapped everytime they had the ball! Pickett Co. was practically given the game they just couldn't make all the free throws the refs were letting them have!!!! Are you kidding me? PC played its best game of the year and JC its worst and JC STILL won the game. The kid got the ball stolen on the last play of the game he didn't even get touched! You people in Pickett Co. want a foul every time the opposing player gets anywhere near your players! Then you get on here an whine about the refs when you're given EVERY CALL! Get a life and if you want to talk about players getting tackled you should of been on JC's side our players were the ones getting tackled with NO FOULS being called!! PC shot free throw after free throw and missed most of them it wasn't the refs fault they lost!!! Quit whining and get used to getting beat because JC will only get better with their sophomore, freshman and incoming 8th graders!

OMG! What kind of post is this? You think Jackson Co. got any calls on Picketts home floor? JC's big men got held all night, their guards got slapped everytime they had the ball! Pickett Co. was practically given the game they just couldn't make all the free throws the refs were letting them have!!!! Are you kidding me? PC played its best game of the year and JC its worst and JC STILL won the game. The kid got the ball stolen on the last play of the game he didn't even get touched! You people in Pickett Co. want a foul every time the opposing player gets anywhere near your players! Then you get on here an whine about the refs when you're given EVERY CALL! Get a life and if you want to talk about players getting tackled you should of been on JC's side our players were the ones getting tackled with NO FOULS being called!! PC shot free throw after free throw and missed most of them it wasn't the refs fault they lost!!! Quit whining and get used to getting beat because JC will only get better with their sophomore, freshman and incoming 8th graders!

Wow....that is definitely an interesting point of view..looks like someone needs to go back and rewatch the tape of that game. Those two instances with Dowdy, and the one at the end were definitely fouls, and the only person that did not see them had to be a blind man. That is a ridiculous post!!! At any rate, PC did not win this game, the refs did not give JC the game! Did it hurt us (PC) that they did not call those fouls?? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!! But we had our chances and did not capitalize. 14 missed free throws will cost you any game within 5-10 points, but as someone said earlier PC will be ready by tourney time. Only problem is IF we can get by first round we will get Celina.........Would sure be a good time for an upset but we will need flawless basketball!!!!

I just want you to know that I was in attendance at the FCS/PC game and the team I saw play shouldn't be at the bottom of District 7. I've only had the pleasure of seeing Clay Co beat us twice and our team beat PC twice. I don't see alot of difference in our three teams.....I thought PC played well and their coach didn't help getting the Techinal on him. The little sawed off ref should stick with the circus.....all he wants to do is show off and let everyone in the gym know he's "IN CHARGE"..

He and the two black refs actually took away the whole game between the girls....29 fouls in teh first half and 21 in the 2nd??? Come on I bet those two teams hadn't had that many fouls in their last 4 games combined......

I will say this that PC will be someone's nightmare come district time......

FCS fan.........