McMinn Central vs. Polk County

brandon0626

Central rolls by 21 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Whats up Bone? Hows the new conference championship ring looking these days? Can you believe a Central-Polk thread and not one thing mentioned about lack of class and no discipline? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The game was a blow out from the beginning. I went thinking I might see Centrals girls having some competion but it was 20-0 before Polk even scored. Oh well, enjoy your new piece of jewlery. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats up Bone? Hows the new conference championship ring looking these days? Can you believe a Central-Polk thread and not one thing mentioned about lack of class and no discipline? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The game was a blow out from the beginning. I went thinking I might see Centrals girls having some competion but it was 20-0 before Polk even scored. Oh well, enjoy your new piece of jewlery. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

oh good to hear from you. the rings are sweet kinda weighs my hand down tho.. but yea i know they did not say anything about no discipline but you just wait before long they will be called thugs too... lol /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I went to this game thinking this would be a great game. Has Polk gotten worse or Central gotten that much better? That was a total beat down. Centrals defence was the best it has been all year. Looking forward to seeing these two teams in the district and region finals.

I went to this game thinking this would be a great game. Has Polk gotten worse or Central gotten that much better? That was a total beat down. Centrals defence was the best it has been all year. Looking forward to seeing these two teams in the district and region finals.

Defense regressed a bit tonight against Boyd. We gave up 30 in the first half. Boyd had made a good adjustment to our pressure since the last time we played them. We adjusted to that and held them to 12 in the second half. I chalk a little bit of that up to Polk County "hangover". Judging by the scoreboard, Polk had a Central "hangover" as well because they lost at Meigs by 10 tonight.

Yea, should have been much more. This was by far the worst called game this year. Reminded me of the final four game at the state last year.

Why in the world does District 5 always have the worst refs? Their biggest problem is they look at the score board and if it is a lop sided

game, they call for the losing team! I do respect Coach Davis, he always comes with a good game plan but now that Central is out of their

mid season slump, they have just too many weapons. With the Adams girl doing what she is capable of now, that takes alot of the

double and triple teaming off of Lambert and all the other girls can hurt you at any given moment. 12 DEEP !

I agree with part of your post. This was a terribly called game, just not one-sided like you say. Calls were terrible for both teams. Refs would let them beat each other to death inside, but would call touch fouls outside. Not saying that's what cost Polk the game, just that the calls were terrible. Central just outplayed Polk, period. Polk couldn't throw one in the ocean in the first quarter and that's where they lost the game. You can't fall behind a very good team 14-0, and expect to come back and win. Especially @ Central. They are very hard to beat there and always have been.

Congrats to Central. They are VERY good and should win AA this yr, may even go undefeated. They play great defense and shoot the lights out. I look for Polk and Central to play at least 2 more times. If Polk can cut down on turnovers and not play so timid, they can give Central a good game. Would be great to see both teams in the 'Boro representing. Not likely to happen, but possible.

That might be the biggest upset of the year around Chattanooga so far. Maybe Cleveland's coach thought it was an alumni game and suited up.

If you will take a look at Polk's non-district schedule this was not that big of an upset. They do have an impressive win-loss record but the schedule has a lot to do with that. Central is head and shoulders above everybody in this district but Meigs is MUCH improved over the last couple of years.

If you will take a look at Polk's non-district schedule this was not that big of an upset. They do have an impressive win-loss record but the schedule has a lot to do with that. Central is head and shoulders above everybody in this district but Meigs is MUCH improved over the last couple of years.

Meigs is definitely improving. Mincey is doing a great job there. I've heard that Coach Powell is doing much better with his health as well.

Yea, should have been much more. This was by far the worst called game this year. Reminded me of the final four game at the state last year.

Why in the world does District 5 always have the worst refs? Their biggest problem is they look at the score board and if it is a lop sided

game, they call for the losing team! I do respect Coach Davis, he always comes with a good game plan but now that Central is out of their

mid season slump, they have just too many weapons. With the Adams girl doing what she is capable of now, that takes alot of the

double and triple teaming off of Lambert and all the other girls can hurt you at any given moment. 12 DEEP !

the refs werent that bad give them a break if you have parents screaming at the refs everytime they make a questionable call they will get more aggressive and somewhat choose a side .... they are human .... central is deep and they get stronger when they get passed the 1st quarter to shake the nerves off

Jena Adams played late in the year last year but was still learning how to play. She has finally grasped the system and has worked very hard on her skills and has become a force inside at 6'1" and a pretty big wing span. She is bringing about 15 points and 10 to 12 rebounds off the bench! Thats why I said in an earlier post that Central can go 10 players deep this year with virtually no drop off in production and playing at their up tempo pace, they just pound a team in the ground. A lot of teams thought they could double up on Kylie this year and slow them down but that has not worked. As Maniac said earlier, anything can happen in tournament time but I think this is the most complete team Central has ever had with the post and perimeter players they have this year.

i wonder who your daughter is