Dyer County vs Milan, Jackson SS, Union City

adsmom86

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think that Lake County or Humboldt had better athletes than Union City last year. Now this year I wil agree with you, they both have better athletes than Union City.

Humboldt DEFINATELY had better athletes than just about anybody in 1A last year outside of Manassas, not sure about LC b/c i only saw them once. Humboldt also has MORE athletes at a high level!!! Union City were just very good athletes that were better/ smarter BASKETBALL players... although it was run and gun what people have to realize is that there is a structure behind it all that players must understand and conform to. Its not just "pick-up" street ball. As for Shane, i think it is really wrong to not give him credit. I will say that most everyone will agree that Sisco SR. plays a much bigger role than most assistants do in other progams, but dont take credit away from Sisco Jr. b/c the fact is you must have good assitants to be such a dominant program.

The Union City game should be a classic, high-scoring contest. Both teams will press which means a ton of points will be scored. I'll take the Choctaws at home to run away in the second half of this one. The other two games, well, Milan probably will not pose a challenge at all. As for South Side, well, this one could get interesting but I'll still take Dyer County to remain undefeated when all is said and done.

By the way, against Union City there will NOT be a girls game. The boys' JV teams will play at 6:30 with the varsity contest to follow.

Union City will most likely show DC what how much they have improved over the last two months so i will take Union City in this contest on DC home floor by 5-10 points.....

Well DC has improved as well....especially the freshman players.

Don't forget UC still is UC!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm just in shock somebody is talking about this seasons UC team....usually it's either last season or next season!!!!!!!!!!! FOR REAL!!!!!! I guess they think they are the only team with lots of underclassman!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't forget UC still is UC!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm just in shock somebody is talking about this seasons UC team....usually it's either last season or next season!!!!!!!!!!! FOR REAL!!!!!! I guess they think they are the only team with lots of underclassman!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Has been weird, all those fans from last year went ..poof!!!!! Honestly it is a shame.... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Yeah DC has a ton of underclassmen playing....we took a huge hit with losses and our underclassmen have really stepped up big time.....Fred can just flat out ball /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> and Hudson gets better each game!!

it is really crazy how some people can say that a team does not pose a cahnce at all. I mean, from the first time they played it does look as if milan want have a chance, but it is later on in the season. You give Dyer Co. so much praise it is ridiculous. They are a good team I will say, but they are not undefeatable. On any given day, a team no matter how bad or underrated they are can beat some one like Dyer Co. It really hurt my feelings to see that a person would say that Milan would not pose a challenge at all. You never know, Milan might be the team to beat Dyer Co. and the key word is might. So do not put down a team by past games. So i would say that the Dyer Co. game depending on how Milan plays that night could be a go one or a bad one. If Milan plays the best game of they year, they could possibly beat Dyer Co. As I said earlier, no team cannot be defeated on any given day.

Look, I give Dyer County much praise because it has been earned. I meant no disrespect at all to Milan, but more just stated my opinion, which is what we all do on these threads. I never said Dyer County would go undefeated, but rather would like to see the team drop a game before tourney time. There again, it's just my opinion, but a loss may make the squad a little more hungry when district, region, etc. rolls around. The first time the two teams met the Choctaws won by 17 in Milan. I totally agree teams improve over the course of a season, but just as the Bulldogs have gotten better, believe me when I say Dyer County has gotten a lot better. Understand that at any given time underclassmen for the Choctaws play major minutes and it has taken a few months but these kids are playing like juniors and seniors now. So no, as I sit here today I'm saying Milan will not beat Dyer County and the game will probably even get ugly in the second half. Could I be wrong, absolutely, but we are entitled to our opinions. I respect yours and hopefully you will respect mine.