Westview vs Gibson Co

sportslover88

Facts Westview was picked to finish 6th in the district last year finished 4th regular season, 2nd in district tournament . Facts had GC beat in regional tournament until the refs stepped in,in the second half ! GC was supposed to beat Westview by 10-20 first meeting this year after we lost B.B.,game went to OT. GC has been the favorite in all of these games right ? So what are you implying here ?

I am implying the simple fact that Coach Stephenson has never beaten Coach McMillan. I wasn't asking for 1000 excuses from a Westview fan as to why ya'll should've beat us. How did you have us beat in the Regional tournament? You were behind the whole game! lol. Yes, ya'll were close, but behind the majority of the time. I hope GC does win this game, but if we lose to a great Westview team, hats off to them! I like watching Westview play. Rechis is a shooter like none other, Grace Ann plays exremely hard, and you have several young girls that can really play particularly Coach Campbell's daughter.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westview was up by as many as 12 and leading by 5 at half ! How soon we forget ! Remember the crazy tech in the 3rd quarter ! BUT YOU MISSED MY POINT OF COURSE !!! Did not say you were implying anything ,but wanted to point out the fact you were favored to win big in every game they have played in last 2 years. Has nothing to do with the coaches !

LOL, I ain't really worried about it honestly... these same 2 people have tried to start stuff with me in the past on different threads and they really don't bother me, lol. I was just trying to make a small point that someone didn't like. I was taking nothing away from Coach Stephenson. He's a GREAT coach who came in after a GREAT coach left (Coach McMillan) and he has kept the tradition strong at Westview.

This years Lady Charger Freshman class is strong with Campbell and Taylor Swaim (Grace Ann's sister). There will be some more big time battles over the next several years with both of these schools having great young players and great Freshman classes. Gibson Co. also has a 8th grader that plays for the Jr. Pioneers (Yorkville,SpringHill, she's done for the season with a broken ankle) and she will be the real deal as well once she get's to high school. Her name is Jasmine Whittemore. I've heard the younger Reedy that is at Ridgemont is coming to GC next year as well and will be a great addition in with Whittemore. I'm not 100% sure what Westview does have coming up through the feeder school... any info from anyone there would be appreciated.

Like I saw heavyd post in another thread, this is some of the best talent from top to bottom 13AA has had in a awhile. There are several potential D1 players in this District. Everyone looks at Butler, Fussell, and Rechis, but overlooking a girl down in Dyersburg by the name of Jessica Light. She's not on a team that is as good as those 3 are on, but I believe she is still just as deadly as any of those 3. All 4 of those girls are D1 potential.

LOL, I ain't really worried about it honestly... these same 2 people have tried to start stuff with me in the past on different threads and they really don't bother me, lol. I was just trying to make a small point that someone didn't like. I was taking nothing away from Coach Stephenson. He's a GREAT coach who came in after a GREAT coach left (Coach McMillan) and he has kept the tradition strong at Westview.

This years Lady Charger Freshman class is strong with Campbell and Taylor Swaim (Grace Ann's sister). There will be some more big time battles over the next several years with both of these schools having great young players and great Freshman classes. Gibson Co. also has a 8th grader that plays for the Jr. Pioneers (Yorkville,SpringHill, she's done for the season with a broken ankle) and she will be the real deal as well once she get's to high school. Her name is Jasmine Whittemore. I've heard the younger Reedy that is at Ridgemont is coming to GC next year as well and will be a great addition in with Whittemore. I'm not 100% sure what Westview does have coming up through the feeder school... any info from anyone there would be appreciated.

Like I saw heavyd post in another thread, this is some of the best talent from top to bottom 13AA has had in a awhile. There are several potential D1 players in this District. Everyone looks at Butler, Fussell, and Rechis, but overlooking a girl down in Dyersburg by the name of Jessica Light. She's not on a team that is as good as those 3 are on, but I believe she is still just as deadly as any of those 3. All 4 of those girls are D1 potential.

I pick GC by 10. Like GC said, even if this good Westview team wins, it's better to lose in regular season than in tournaments-and it is hard to beat a team 3 times! Good luck GC! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Like I saw heavyd post in another thread, this is some of the best talent from top to bottom 13AA has had in a awhile. There are several potential D1 players in this District.

IMO, very comparable to '04-'06 - in that time, 5 of the 7 current district teams played at state.

Kaitlin Dudley, Latoya Bellamy, Jenna Roney, Kayla Holloway, Shaunda Strayhorn, et al.

Not to take anything away from this year's players.

If anything, it's a strong statement about this district and its perennial talent.

Westview was up by as many as 12 and leading by 5 at half ! How soon we forget ! Remember the crazy tech in the 3rd quarter ! BUT YOU MISSED MY POINT OF COURSE !!! Did not say you were implying anything ,but wanted to point out the fact you were favored to win big in every game they have played in last 2 years. Has nothing to do with the coaches !

Westview was up nine at half to GC in the regional semi-finals last year. They were never up by 12 either. You must have been at some other game.../smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Ultimately this game comes down to who wants it more. Recently its been Gibson County who has had the upper edge. Coach Stephenson and Coach McMillan do a great job with their programs but the kids ultimately decide the outcome, they have to execute.

Should be a great one.

The key to a westview win is .......... NSHD will be a distraction to McMillan by getting Paige in a 4th qtr. "bump dance" (before your time GCP). McMillan will be distracted, as he gets jealous of NSHD. Timing is everything NSHD, so use those secret weapons wisely!!!!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Then just as Gc thinks it is safe, the ghost shows up!!!!!

The key to a westview win is .......... NSHD will be a distraction to McMillan by getting Paige in a 4th qtr. "bump dance" (before your time GCP). McMillan will be distracted, as he gets jealous of NSHD. Timing is everything NSHD, so use those secret weapons wisely!!!!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Then just as Gc thinks it is safe, the ghost shows up!!!!!

You always spill the good stuff, you've just ruined my suprise............ /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="