Bartlett might make it out of district but wont beat cville, gtown, or

cvilledragons

I don't think the topic is pointless. Unless I am mistaken that is what the message boards are for. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and predictions. If they werent there would be no "big betting" in Vegas. How many people predict a Super Bowl champion before the first game is ever played. We love Shelby County ball period and hope everyone stays healthy and has a great year. During the Germantown game last night against Fairley some of the kids in the left field lounge were heckling the Fairley outfielders and the center fielder told them he was going to get them after the game. As soon as the game was called due to the run rule-11-1-the Fairley kids jumped the fence after those boys and chased them to the soccer fields. The coaches were there immediately and no one threw a punch-anyway-just thought I would let you know about our excitement for the night. What impressed us was that the Germantown team was so tired of hearing the junk from their own students they went after the hecklers with the Fairley team-too bad they weren't all able to get these trouble makers and I bet money it is going to happen again!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I haven't been poking around the baseball board long enough but I'm not sure anyone with "Trojan" in the name would be a Panther fan. I'm sure ya'll will fill me in.

On Farragut.....those guys are a machine. Super tough. Losing 2 out of 3 state championships to them hurts but that also means Bartlett has competed in 3 straight finals games. That just doesn't happen. ( unless you're Farragut,... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> )

I'm sorry but I can't help but be proud of that and every student that dawned a Bartlett uniform who made it happen.

As far as the thread is concerned, a topic like this is pointless and silly at this juncture of the season. Player maturation, team maturation, chemistry, injuries................so much baseball to be played. Pick favorites and all but it's pretty much meaningless right now.

As far as my Panthers go.........Can they make it back to state ? Yes. Will they in the end? Who knows. It's by no means a sure thing. It never is. Never was. It's baseball.

So Mr Pantherbert you have to have panther in your name to be a bartlett supporter, so how long have you been in area. I been around when Bartlett was the only high school in the area besides bolton. I been around before it was name bartlett high school, i have been around a lot longer than mr pantherbert also how may generations of family have you sent their well if it has more than 4 than you have me beat. Well i guess you know nothing about a school in california. Sorry you dont like my school. Also i not saying the kid has talent i am saying some kids can get away with out having to pull their weight (running, working out, etc. ) and punishment work because of their talent and who they are and he has not been the first one to get away with the same thing in that camp. Some kids are made examples of because they are not as talented. Where were you at when we were playing ball at the field behide the school yes that right, behind the school.

So Mr Pantherbert you have to have panther in your name to be a bartlett supporter, so how long have you been in area. I been around when Bartlett was the only high school in the area besides bolton. I been around before it was name bartlett high school, i have been around a lot longer than mr pantherbert also how may generations of family have you sent their well if it has more than 4 than you have me beat. Well i guess you know nothing about a school in california. Sorry you dont like my school. Also i not saying the kid has talent i am saying some kids can get away with out having to pull their weight (running, working out, etc. ) and punishment work because of their talent and who they are and he has not been the first one to get away with the same thing in that camp. Some kids are made examples of because they are not as talented. Where were you at when we were playing ball at the field behide the school yes that right, behind the school.

Thanks for filling me in.

Calm, calm, calm. I see your signature now( which can be a bit easy to miss ) and I can assure you I have nothing against USC or anyone else in the Pac-10 ( except UCLA.........can't stand those guys ). You must understand that when seeing a name like that, on a high school-related sight, my first thought turned to, say Millington and not USC. It was a misunderstanding and no harm was intended.

I'm grateful you're a Panther fan. We need all the Bartlett supporters we can get on Coacht. As I had explained, I don't normally frequent the baseball board until the season begins so there may be some posters here I don't know. Good to have someone with your background.

Looking forward to USJ tomorrow night.

First of all I would like to know where you people are getting the information that the Morton kid is a stud. Sure he has touched 90 but that does not in any way make him a stud . To be a stud you have to control more than one pitch in the zone and get hitters out consitently.Also, you cant consider someone a stud that has just come out of Jv. Varsity is a completely different level. I do believe Bartlett has had their past success by being a team. There is no need to talk one player up more than another, last time i checked it takes 9 to win a game. By the way Good uck Panthers and don't hold your heads low over tonight its early and alot of time to step it up for when it counts.

Hey, I was just defending Morton from this asinine post. Nobody said he was Bartlett's only or even best player. You questioned where us people get the info that he is a stud and I told you - seen him play since he was 7 or 8 years old. Didn't say he was a great hitter, but when your 6' whatever he is and on the mound and throwing 90 mph (give or take a few mph) anywhere close to the strike zone in high school as a junior and with me at the plate, I'm thinking stud!! Also, a tough catcher. Agree with another post that bet he plays at the next level. Again, not taking away from Bartlett as a team (love to watch Coach Clark) and hope they do well - just disagree with your opinion of Morton

Hey, I was just defending Morton from this asinine post. Nobody said he was Bartlett's only or even best player. You questioned where us people get the info that he is a stud and I told you - seen him play since he was 7 or 8 years old. Didn't say he was a great hitter, but when your 6' whatever he is and on the mound and throwing 90 mph (give or take a few mph) anywhere close to the strike zone in high school as a junior and with me at the plate, I'm thinking stud!! Also, a tough catcher. Agree with another post that bet he plays at the next level. Again, not taking away from Bartlett as a team (love to watch Coach Clark) and hope they do well - just disagree with your opinion of Morton

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> very well said hasbeen and this kid wears a size 14 shoe already!!! And who is not entertained by Coach Clark-love him!!!

When Bartlett played Germantown the other night there were a combination of 11 scouts there-7 MLB and 4 college-it was insane-

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> very well said hasbeen and this kid wears a size 14 shoe already!!! And who is not entertained by Coach Clark-love him!!!

When Bartlett played Germantown the other night there were a combination of 11 scouts there-7 MLB and 4 college-it was insane-

Wow...that's incredible

Wow...that's incredible

it was crazy-speed guns and stop watches. Most of the scouts were there to see Jason Thompson and Mike Faulkner. The Arkansas State, Mississippi State, Kansas City, Florida Marlins, Houston Astro's , Cleveland Indians, and the Met's scouts and coaches were there. I heard the lady in the concession stand they had never made that much money before.

Daniel Wright pitched a great game for Bartlett and Charlie Collins did well for Germantown. Hayes Britt closed for Germantown. It was just a great game and great coaches on both teams.

It was like being at a PG game in Georgia!!

it was crazy-speed guns and stop watches. Most of the scouts were there to see Jason Thompson and Mike Faulkner. The Arkansas State, Mississippi State, Kansas City, Florida Marlins, Houston Astro's , Cleveland Indians, and the Met's scouts and coaches were there. I heard the lady in the concession stand they had never made that much money before.

Daniel Wright pitched a great game for Bartlett and Charlie Collins did well for Germantown. Hayes Britt closed for Germantown. It was just a great game and great coaches on both teams.

It was like being at a PG game in Georgia!!

Yeah, both pitching staffs were great that night. If I'm not mistaken, Hayes Britt had one streak where he rattled off 4 straight K's or so. Wright had 5.

You're right. That was fun game to watch. Great season opener.