Rwood Searching for New HC?

IndyNation

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may all sound good but personally but I would put Coach Tom Shuman over all of them. He is as good as anyone could ask for, especially with his West Virginia style spread offense he brought in 2004 and his alliance and dedication of assistant??™s coaches. Coach Rector??™s expertise was with the defense and Shuman has been with the offense over the years.

No offense Rappy, but you are mistaken. Coach Daniels was the spread guy and Coach Woodward was the OC when he was there. While Coach Shuman had a lot of input, Woodward was calling the offense when we were there.

Very true. Which is why BBT's comment about them falling into mediocrity is probably true. Rappy, I assume you are closer to this situation than me, who do YOU think Jennings and Becker and that bunch would favor if asked (which I'm sure they won't be)?

BBT's comments are his own that are made because he may or may not agree with who will be the next coach. Each one has their own opinion who they wish to be coach. As you mention TC & Becker and like most kids who go through any program, they would like come back and stand on the sidelines and talk to coaches they know and shared life long experiences as an teammate. That doesn't make it right or wrong decision, it just what they know.

I think Ravenwood is very lucky to get all great qualified candidates to apply for the position and could not go wrong with any of the ones who applied. When it comes down to deciding the coach, the principle is the person to make the decision because her job is on the line to make the correct one or the parents and student body will turn against the principle. In this case with Pan Vaden, she has to be smart of what is best for these kids, listening to advice offered from knowledgeable people associated within and outside the program as any smart business executive would do. Refresher class in communications would be appropriate about this time.

One thing I know about winning championships. It takes the entire body of school administrators, coaches, athletes, students, parents, and supporters believing and working in harmony for the best of the program. Personal agendas, second guessing, bickering, and back biting of school administration, coaches, athletes, students, parents, and supporters will only result in disharmony, dissension, and failure.

Whatever the result, the new Head Coach will have my support, regardless of my personal opinion or agenda.

BBT's comments are his own that are made because he may or may not agree with who will be the next coach. Each one has their own opinion who they wish to be coach. As you mention TC & Becker and like most kids who go through any program, they would like come back and stand on the sidelines and talk to coaches they know and shared life long experiences as an teammate. That doesn't make it right or wrong decision, it just what they know.

I think Ravenwood is very lucky to get all great qualified candidates to apply for the position and could not go wrong with any of the ones who applied. When it comes down to deciding the coach, the principle is the person to make the decision because her job is on the line to make the correct one or the parents and student body will turn against the principle. In this case with Pan Vaden, she has to be smart of what is best for these kids, listening to advice offered from knowledgeable people associated within and outside the program as any smart business executive would do. Refresher class in communications would be appropriate about this time.

One thing I know about winning championships. It takes the entire body of school administrators, coaches, athletes, students, parents, and supporters believing and working in harmony for the best of the program. Personal agendas, second guessing, bickering, and back biting of school administration, coaches, athletes, students, parents, and supporters will only result in disharmony, dissension, and failure.

Whatever the result, the new Head Coach will have my support, regardless of my personal opinion or agenda.

couple of thoughts - school does not have to be in harmony for championships to be won - look to hillsboro

second, you make this out to be the biggest hire in the world - don't think so... it's not like the coach is taking over a GIANT - Ravenwood has been below average to average the last two years. If they want to hire from within that's fine, but no one would blame them going after a PROVEN winner.

They ought to get ol TC Jennings, Daniel Becker, Garret Snoeyenbos. and some of them boy's input. Might not be a bad idea considering they all have a ring and are playing college ball and are smart both on the field and off.

That's exactly what a school administrator should do - ask a bunch of 21 year olds from a time when the school was half the size it is now who should be hired for the HC position... Brilliant. Ravenwood's record probably has more to do with the fact that those guys aren't there anymore than who was coaching them.

couple of thoughts - school does not have to be in harmony for championships to be won - look to hillsboro

second, you make this out to be the biggest hire in the world - don't think so... it's not like the coach is taking over a GIANT - Ravenwood has been below average to average the last two years. If they want to hire from within that's fine, but no one would blame them going after a PROVEN winner.

That's exactly what a school administrator should do - ask a bunch of 21 year olds from a time when the school was half the size it is now who should be hired for the HC position... Brilliant. Ravenwood's record probably has more to do with the fact that those guys aren't there anymore than who was coaching them.

You have made two good points. Your posts are saying that the players have more to do with a team's wins and losses. I agree,that is why Rector won with good players and did not win as much with average players. Same can be said for Aydelott and will be said for Blade if he goes to Ravenwood. It is a cycle all high schools go through.

You have made two good points. Your posts are saying that the players have more to do with a team's wins and losses. I agree,that is why Rector won with good players and did not win as much with average players. Same can be said for Aydelott and will be said for Blade if he goes to Ravenwood. It is a cycle all high schools go through.

I agree. Unless you are BA. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

RAPPY, FOR THE MOST PART I TEND TO AGREE WITH YOUR POST BUT NOT ON THIS. I PROMISE YOU THAT VADEN IS NOT LISTENING TO ANYBODY ON THIS HIRE. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. I KNOW THAT YOU KNOW SOME OF THE COMMITTEE,FIND OUT WHY THEY WERE NO LONGER NEEDED.

RAPPY, FOR THE MOST PART I TEND TO AGREE WITH YOUR POST BUT NOT ON THIS. I PROMISE YOU THAT VADEN IS NOT LISTENING TO ANYBODY ON THIS HIRE. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. I KNOW THAT YOU KNOW SOME OF THE COMMITTEE,FIND OUT WHY THEY WERE NO LONGER NEEDED.

This is what I expected to happen. Dr. Vaden saw how cooperation between everyone worked well @ Brentwood with Daniels and then again with Crawford. I don't know why she would not follow that process. The parents really need to stand firm on this. It is no time to be timid. Remember....the administration works for you.