Rwood Searching for New HC?

IndyNation

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you really think that the Wing-T had anything to do with RA not getting hired... Ravenwood is addicted to the spread because that is what the coach runs... if and when the next coach gets there and runs the I - you will be addicted to that....

systems are the least important determiner in who wins a championship... players and the coaches' ability to tap their potential. Period.

Does anyone even know for sure that RA applied. I would think that he didnt. RA is on the hot seat at Riverdale. The one thing he has going for him is the support of the principal. If that principal found out about him applying for another job then the support from the principal might have ceased to exist and therefore RA would not have gotten the Ravenwood job plus would be out as Riverdale's coach. I know a few parents probably wanted RA at Ravenwood and may have even talked to Ravenwood's principal about him but I seriously doubt that RA even applied because it would have been too risky at this point.

Does anyone even know for sure that RA applied. I would think that he didnt. RA is on the hot seat at Riverdale. The one thing he has going for him is the support of the principal. If that principal found out about him applying for another job then the support from the principal might have ceased to exist and therefore RA would not have gotten the Ravenwood job plus would be out as Riverdale's coach. I know a few parents probably wanted RA at Ravenwood and may have even talked to Ravenwood's principal about him but I seriously doubt that RA even applied because it would have been too risky at this point.

Let's put it this way; RA went through two interviews. He was semifinalist in the last interview but no formal application for head coach was applied but granted the chance to interview as a parent of kids at Ravenwood. It's like asking someone to come for interview without applying for the job to see if they are interested. Therefore, RA didn't apply and he is free and clear of any contract issues.

You have to feel sorry for RA. He would have to pay steep out of county tuition to get his son enrolled at Riverdale yet he won't get to see his son play a down of football at Ravenwood while coaching at Riverdale. It doesn't sound like the ideal family life to me as a father and it probably hurts him very deep to be missing his son growing up. I would advise showing of a little compassion.

Let's put it this way; RA went through two interviews. He was semifinalist in the last interview but no formal application for head coach was applied but granted the chance to interview as a parent of kids at Ravenwood. It's like asking someone to come for interview without applying for the job to see if they are interested. Therefore, RA didn't apply and he is free and clear of any contract issues.

You have to feel sorry for RA. He would have to pay steep out of county tuition to get his son enrolled at Riverdale yet he won't get to see his son play a down of football at Ravenwood while coaching at Riverdale. It doesn't sound like the ideal family life to me as a father and it probably hurts him very deep to be missing his son growing up. I would advise showing of a little compassion.

that is not true...if they are a teacher in the county school system they are allowed to attend the school..his kids can come to RIVERDALE with out the out of county thing

I had a feeling that may be the case. I agree that its got to be hard being at one school and having your family in another. At least they are in different counties and different districts. Imagine having to coach against your sons team. That would be even more difficult.

that is not true...if they are a teacher in the county school system they are allowed to attend the school..his kids can come to RIVERDALE with out the out of county thing

Rutherford County Board of Education says the following:

"The children of teachers employed by the Board of Education, that reside outside of Rutherford County, may attend Rutherford County schools, subject to the following conditions:

2. The non-resident teacher that elects to have his/her child(ren) attend school in Rutherford County shall pay an annual tuition. The tuition charged shall not exceed per pupil, per annum, an amount equal to the amount of funds actually raised and used for school purposes by the county, divided by the number of pupils in average daily attendance in the county schools during the preceding school year."

Rutherford County does not require teachers to pay out of county tuition for their children. This changed about 7 years ago.

So you saying the official policy #6.204 in the attached link on the Rutherford County school board website that was issued on 1/15/09 is wrong and hasn't been really update for seven years?

http://www.tsba.net/production/detail.asp?...6&iBoard=74

So you saying the official policy #6.204 in the attached link on the Rutherford County school board website that was issued on 1/15/09 is wrong and hasn't been really update for seven years?

http://www.tsba.net/production/detail.asp?...6&iBoard=74

Coach A is correct. My son attended a Rutherford County school for two years while I was working there, and we lived in an adjacent county. This may or may not be policy, but Rutherford County takes care of thier employees more so than most counties in this area.