Rwood Searching for New HC?

IndyNation

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should make the remaining candidates interviews go real well, lol. This sounds like some of the "classy" moves that other good old boy networks have been known to make.

No offense to anyone other than those who tried to make this appear to be handled professionally, if indeed this was a done deal.

If it was/is a done deal, this sends a message that the school really doesnt want the best or will even entertain getting the best, they just want who they want. Thats the principal's decision and thats ok, just dont waste a lot of folks time with the pretense of interviews.

Maybe I do here Merle Haggard playing in the background. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I'm just glad that I can get one of these still http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_General_Lee

-Say hello...to the BADGUY!

Well, it would appear, this thread has symbolically died along with our hope for a clean, fair process at RW. Coach, I'm sorry it didn't work out. We've been trying. BTW, if we find out we have spent all this time on here and you didn't apply, we're going to have words. To any school out there looking for a top-notch, class guy - Mike Woodward - 542-(just kidding). Farewell thread and good luck to Coach Woodward and his staff and Coach Shuman and his staff. 05 Raptors signing off.

Well, it would appear, this thread has symbolically died along with our hope for a clean, fair process at RW. Coach, I'm sorry it didn't work out. We've been trying. BTW, if we find out we have spent all this time on here and you didn't apply, we're going to have words. To any school out there looking for a top-notch, class guy - Mike Woodward - 542-(just kidding). Farewell thread and good luck to Coach Woodward and his staff and Coach Shuman and his staff. 05 Raptors signing off.

Coach Woodward got what he wanted when he applied for Antioch. Coach Shuman deserves a chance and might prove to be a very good coach. The success of both teams will be how well players play.

Maybe I do here Merle Haggard playing in the background. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I'm just glad that I can get one of these still http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_General_Lee

-Say hello...to the BADGUY!

If the Shuman guy does get the job, how is it good ol' boy - he's only been in Williamson county four or five years.

Should make the remaining candidates interviews go real well, lol. This sounds like some of the "classy" moves that other good old boy networks have been known to make.

No offense to anyone other than those who tried to make this appear to be handled professionally, if indeed this was a done deal.

If it was/is a done deal, this sends a message that the school really doesnt want the best or will even entertain getting the best, they just want who they want. Thats the principal's decision and thats ok, just dont waste a lot of folks time with the pretense of interviews.

Most jobs are a done deal before the job is even posted. In the past and in some schools today a coach resigns and a new coach is hired within a day without the job even being announced. If I were aprincipal I would seek who I wanted and not depend on just those who apply. The politically correct procedure today is post the position for a period of time,have interviews with a committe which is a joke, submit a list of finalist,and then choose a coach. By the way, the coach who gets the job knew he was getting the job the day after it came open.

Coach Woodward got what he wanted when he applied for Antioch. Coach Shuman deserves a chance and might prove to be a very good coach. The success of both teams will be how well players play.

What's the point of interviewing coaches if the players' performance is independent of the coaches influence? That is what you seem to be/have been suggesting.

What's the point of interviewing coaches if the players' performance is independent of the coaches influence? That is what you seem to be/have been suggesting.

How can you tell in an interview whether a coach can influence players and their performance? In an interview all a person is doing is influencing the person who makes the hire. This does not translate in being able to influence players. An interview for 20- 30 minutes does not adequately decide who can coach.

Most jobs are a done deal before the job is even posted. In the past and in some schools today a coach resigns and a new coach is hired within a day without the job even being announced. If I were aprincipal I would seek who I wanted and not depend on just those who apply. The politically correct procedure today is post the position for a period of time,have interviews with a committe which is a joke, submit a list of finalist,and then choose a coach. By the way, the coach who gets the job knew he was getting the job the day after it came open.

I've been/was a part of the good old boys network for longer than most that post on this site have been peeing standing up.

It doesnt make it right, and it is often not in the best interest of the kids; sometimes yes, sometimes no. What it is always in the best interest of is the good old boys.

Weaker principals these days do it because it is the easiest, and often cover it up with the pretense of committees and interviews. And many principals do what will make the least waves. Williamson county is known for training its leaders to not make waves. Making the best decision often becomes secondary to that.

Unfortunately, most dont realize how political education is these days. Educating kids has become secondary to the business of education.

I have no idea if the coaching selection for RW is the best or not. I hope for the kids sake it is. Sometimes done deals work out great, often they create more messes than they solve.

How can you tell in an interview whether a coach can influence players and their performance? In an interview all a person is doing is influencing the person who makes the hire. This does not translate in being able to influence players. An interview for 20- 30 minutes does not adequately decide who can coach.

I don't disagree with that. That is why coaches typically bring to an interview a resume of their credentials and some referrals from colleagues in the coaching profession who can verify the fact that they can influence players and their performance.