Rwood Searching for New HC?

IndyNation

I don't know that I'd say overrated, but Hillsboro is definitely the easiest place in metro to win. It's basically a private school with the way the zones work. Not taking anything away from beating Maryville, but I can think of other coaches who could have done that with the kind of talent they had. Good talent makes good coaches of us all. I think Bear Bryant said that.

You are partially correct about that. It is the best situation in MNPS for a football program to be successful. However, it is far from a private school in talent and depth. It will be interesting to see what HHS does if and when Blade decides to leave.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overrated? Blade? Um, okay...if you say so.

Coach Blade is to be congratulated on a state championship. He may be considered overrated by some because we are not sure what kind of coach he actually is, He took a program that was already flourishing (51-9 in the five years before he arrived including a state championship) and kept it strong. A case could be made that MANY coaches could have done that. Can he take a program that is down, and turn it around? We don't know. He must be a good coach, but winning at Hillsboro is not exactly the way to find out, because they always win.

You are partially correct about that. It is the best situation in MNPS for a football program to be successful. However, it is far from a private school in talent and depth. It will be interesting to see what HHS does if and when Blade decides to leave.

If they get a good coach, they will do the same thing they did before he arrived...they will win, and they will win big.

Coach Blade is to be congratulated on a state championship. He may be considered overrated by some because we are not sure what kind of coach he actually is, He took a program that was already flourishing (51-9 in the five years before he arrived including a state championship) and kept it strong. A case could be made that MANY coaches could have done that. Can he take a program that is down, and turn it around? We don't know. He must be a good coach, but winning at Hillsboro is not exactly the way to find out, because they always win.

I love the Burros and don't want to underscore their past success in ANY way. However, look at some of the teams they defeated over the years between 2000-2006 during the regular season. Hint: Franklin, MBA, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Gallatin, Independence, and Centennial weren't anywhere to be found like they have been in the past two years and will be in coming years.

I said "IF" they get a good coach, they will win. I would assume that the talent well is not about to run dry. You would that better than I. Why does Blade want to leave Hillsboro?

In summary, I would imagine he might consider leaving because HHS has been fighting an ongoing uphill battle the last 12 years (when Aydelott became HC) to have a consistently successful football program. Aydelott deserves great credit from building HHS football into a steady contender. Blade is now in the process of taking HHS football to the next level, but it is not an easy task.

MNPS has individual athletes, but administrative support and lack of funds don't exactly attract elite football coaches to MNPS high schools like bees to honey. Boys basketball gets the hype at most MNPS schools athletically. MNPS football coach is not what most coaches would refer to as a "cushy job" or a "dream job".

In summary, I would imagine he might consider leaving because HHS has been fighting an ongoing uphill battle the last 12 years (when Aydelott became HC) to have a consistently successful football program. Aydelott deserves great credit from building HHS football into a steady contender. Blade is now in the process of taking HHS football to the next level, but it is not an easy task.

MNPS has individual athletes, but administrative support and lack of funds don't exactly attract elite football coaches to MNPS high schools like bees to honey. Boys basketball gets the hype at most MNPS schools athletically. MNPS football coach is not what most coaches would refer to as a "cushy job" or a "dream job".

Fighting an uphill batle!!?? At Hillsboro!!?? You want an uphill battle take all of the obstacles to winning at HB and add to that only getting guys in your zone and add to that losing guys TO HB! That's an uphill battle.

Fighting an uphill batle!!?? At Hillsboro!!?? You want an uphill battle take all of the obstacles to winning at HB and add to that only getting guys in your zone and add to that losing guys TO HB! That's an uphill battle.

Look man, you don't know what you are talking about. YES, compared to OTHER MNPS and the majority of county schools HHS is a great job. However, when compared to Williamson County schools, Maryville, Alcoa, Rutherford County schools, private schools, etc. HHS is not even close. The support is NOT there in the same way. Why do you think Blade might be considering leaving? It ain't the cushy job like it appears from the outside because they have 2 gold balls and 3 silver since 2001. They have worked their butts off to earn everything they have.

Look man, you don't know what you are talking about. YES, compared to OTHER MNPS and the majority of county schools HHS is a great job. However, when compared to Williamson County schools, Maryville, Alcoa, Rutherford County schools, private schools, etc. HHS is not even close. The support is NOT there in the same way. Why do you think Blade might be considering leaving? It ain't the cushy job like it appears from the outside because they have 2 gold balls and 3 silver since 2001. They have worked their butts off to earn everything they have.

Worked their butts off at going and getting kids from every other metro school. How many players (not roster fillers, but players) were in the HB ergo Hillsboro zone? You think Scott Murray could have figured out something to do with Eric Gordon?

I am sure they work hard, but as I watched them play Maryville on TV, they had more speed and quickness than any team I have seen in a while. Did your coaching staff "coach" that speed and quickness into them?

I am sure they work hard, but as I watched them play Maryville on TV, they had more speed and quickness than any team I have seen in a while. Did your coaching staff "coach" that speed and quickness into them?

Ya'll just don't get it. Let me refer you to 2001 and 2002. Those HHS football teams were LOADED with talent. They had MULTIPLE all-state players on BOTH sides of the ball and the Mr. Football winners to boot. Guess what happened? Maryville with LESS talent and speed outcoached them TWICE.

You wanna talk about talented teams, HHS's 2008 wasn't anywhere close to the talent level of the aforementioned teams, but they had the grit, determination, coaching, heart, etc. to defeat Maryville. For crying out loud, the O-line had one player above 250 pounds and he wasn't even a starter.

YES 2008 HHS had more speed than Maryville....so did Melrose in 2004 and 2005, and even Maplewood in 2007. They lost. Maryville hasn't been winning with far superior athletes folks. They have been winning with superior coaching and by being the better TEAM. HHS in 2008 did the same thing, but with BETTER athletes.