Rwood Searching for New HC?

IndyNation

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the disappointment besides Blades not sticking it out at Hillsboro? By all accounts on Blades job seeking, it looks as if Blades ultimate goal is to move on beyond high school ranks with Oak Ridge being a temporally stopover. He may be a good college coach when he makes the move up...time will tell. For right now, his goal is to pester Farragut, DB, Ooltewah, Science Hill, Bearden, WB, Maryville, and others for the East side of the state. I wish him and Oak Ridge all the best in their endeavors for competitive level of football and maybe it will bring the community back together in Oak Ridge.

I think the point is a jab at the admin. You lose a championship winning coach, have at least two championship winning coaches apply, and the admin stays in house with someone who doesnt match up with the others that interviewed. Thats just the way the ball bounces, sometimes. Plus, you have R'Dale posters who were praying for RA to get this one.

Hopefully he is the best match for the school.

Good luck R'Wood and coach Shuman.

I think the point is a jab at the admin. You lose a championship winning coach, have at least two championship winning coaches apply, and the admin stays in house with someone who doesnt match up with the others that interviewed. Thats just the way the ball bounces, sometimes. Plus, you have R'Dale posters who were praying for RA to get this one.

Hopefully he is the best match for the school.

Good luck R'Wood and coach Shuman.

has shuman been announced? or is this still speculation

Dr. Vaden informed Coach Shuman and the team this morning that she was naming Coach Shuman as the new Head football coach of Ravenwood High. Press release went out shortly afterword and should be in the papers tomorrow.

On a side note - it amazes me how little most of you on here know about what goes on at a high school. Most of what has been said in this discussion is completely false (i.e. Woodward never applied for the job, etc.). Although I have little, if any, respect for the principal at RHS, I would say that most of what has been said on here about her is false - in regards to the hiring process of the new football coach anyway.

Congratulations to a great teacher and coach - Tom Shuman. Who cares if they don't win state again? He's going to make men out of these boys.

has shuman been announced? or is this still speculation

not speculation. Sorry boys. RA is still your man.

The old swami still has some connections to get this info. Makes you wonder who and how, right? hah! Maybe the swami was right about all those things he said about R'Dale too. Hate to tell you, but I saw your principal playing little league.

Scary, huh?

I know the Principal is a lady, but this is not shopping. Somebody needs to tell her to get off the dime and make and announce some kind of decision!

Spring practice is too close for wishy washy thinking now.

I take it SHE has never been involved with any REAL sports that require staffs and the like?

She made the announcement, to the team, this morning while you were probably still having coffee.

RA is still your guy. Wing T baby.

not speculation. Sorry boys. RA is still your man.

The old swami still has some connections to get this info. Makes you wonder who and how, right? hah! Maybe the swami was right about all those things he said about R'Dale too. Hate to tell you, but I saw your principal playing little league.

Scary, huh?

She made the announcement, to the team, this morning while you were probably still having coffee.

RA is still your guy. Wing T baby.

This situation should help Riverdale. RA will have a "bur under his saddle" to prove the Wing-T can win championships in 6A ball. I wish RA all the best to prove the WingT can win it all at Riverdale but at Ravenwood, that dog want hunt due to the Spread action game addiction. It would have been one bitter pill to swallow despite RA being terrific coach.

This situation should help Riverdale. RA will have a "bur under his saddle" to prove the Wing-T can win championships in 6A ball. I wish RA all the best to prove the WingT can win it all at Riverdale but at Ravenwood, that dog want hunt due to the Spread action game addiction. It would have been one bitter pill to swallow despite RA being terrific coach.

do you really think that the Wing-T had anything to do with RA not getting hired... Ravenwood is addicted to the spread because that is what the coach runs... if and when the next coach gets there and runs the I - you will be addicted to that....

systems are the least important determiner in who wins a championship... players and the coaches' ability to tap their potential. Period.