South Pittsburg @ Marion County

hoopitup10

i thought it to be classless and disgraceful of you to refer to a hardworking person like ryan lewis as a "moron". tells me a great deal about your character if i didn't already know. those who liveth in a glass house.................................

alright, let's leave the hardworking lewis out of this (since he has absolutely nothing to do with this program). now, respond to my earlier quote:

you're describing a professional basketball team! that's bullcrap! unfortunately in our society, you're probably right, though. i'm talking about the way it should be, not how it is. the "folks" should care if these kids and their classmates are winners in the 50+ year old academic building, not the gym. but, they don't. they care about wins and losses and griping about both on coacht.

all i'm saying is, if we're on coacht, we should be talking about whether SP should be in a man-to-man or 2-3 zone and stuff like that. not criticizing AMATEUR coaches and players for a lack of wins. but, like i said, that's the way it ought to be, not the way it is.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The postponment of this game has turned into a 3 Ring Circus. SP will not beat Marion-Jasper, but they probably keep it within 15 points. How does Marion-Jasper get to compete in 1A? I thought they had like 500 students, several of whom are of the fence jumping variety. I don't have anything against fence jumpers, just wished they hadn't made that jump. Oh well, it's good to know that many former SP kids have helped Marion-Jasper's program reach standards that haven't been seen in several years. Goodluck to SP on Friday, Saturday, Sunday at Noon or whenever this game will ever get played. You're gonna need it.

alright, let's leave the hardworking lewis out of this (since he has absolutely nothing to do with this program). now, respond to my earlier quote:

you're describing a professional basketball team! that's bullcrap! unfortunately in our society, you're probably right, though. i'm talking about the way it should be, not how it is. the "folks" should care if these kids and their classmates are winners in the 50+ year old academic building, not the gym. but, they don't. they care about wins and losses and griping about both on coacht.

all i'm saying is, if we're on coacht, we should be talking about whether SP should be in a man-to-man or 2-3 zone and stuff like that. not criticizing AMATEUR coaches and players for a lack of wins. but, like i said, that's the way it ought to be, not the way it is.

would you care to elaborate on the "hardworking" qualities of the current so pitt mentor? i like ryan and his record speaks for itself. look i am sure phiilips tries hard. maybe he is just the victim of a bad perception. that can hurt any coach with his players.

would you care to elaborate on the "hardworking" qualities of the current so pitt mentor? i like ryan and his record speaks for itself. look i am sure phiilips tries hard. maybe he is just the victim of a bad perception. that can hurt any coach with his players.

yes. i did already. he spends hours of his time every day working with these kids, trying to teach them the best he can. that alone deserves respect and not the subject of coaching change rumors on here. oh, just a reminder that he gets all of about $150 (before taxes) a month as compensation for 15-16 hour work days. the "bad perception" is that he is a professional or even semi-pro coach with pro or semi-pro players. at least, that's the perception i see on here. you suggest the perception is bad with his players. i don't know about that. i hope that's not true. do you?

p.s. - this conversation is apparently going to last forever because they're never going to play this freakin' game and end this thread!

I wasn't the one questioning it. You were and you still didn't imply that you had offered any support. And you don't have to sell me on Coach P. I guarantee you, I know him better than anyone in SP and know what he is capable of. I have came and watched several games this year just to show my support for him. How many have you seen? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Old Pirate says after a few days in Tampa and the ball game see some folks are attempting to rattle a few cages. BigJ, OP hasn't questioned any coaches, just whether the SP players have yet got comfortable with dribbing that ball rather than scoring touchdowns. As for OP's support................... "they" have it, admittedly OP doesn't get to see all their games. OP says it sounds as if you're kin or something......showing support for "him".....tells OP you really support another program. Dad burnit, that's alright, glad to have all we can get ,even if it is just to save face. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> OP being gone perhaps has missed some deleted posts but really haven't seen much about coaching changes. OP says the folks that have posted the questionable comments about the team mostly have been outsiders (anonomous). OP hopes to see this game "IF" it ever........................is played. OP does have a list from the skillet slinger to do things, so perhaps OP will see this battle.

Just wondering OP are u down on Marion because they got all ur Baseball players .Just a thought! talked to some of the pitts : burg boys the other day no confidence at yall they say Marion County by 20! Should be a great game though . /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

hoop, Old Pirate is not down on Jasper and OP's favorite team is them ther ear holers. OP says that youngun of yous would be hard to reach, unless he's on them ther knees. The truth is what it is. THem there Jasper folks just should be thankful for so many of them players that they got.

OP recalls ole rlh referred to them as the community team. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> That said, everyone would have to admit.................if not for ALL (meaning several) players from other programs, Jasper would be hurting and they'd be all knew coaches again in purple town. Lordy, Lordy, OP's cuz come to visit and couldn't believe what he's a seeing. Purple on All them there sign posts,lawyers offices,county jail and the like. He says to OP, "OP they must have been a mighty powerful amount of purple paint someones wanted to dispose of around this here place." OP says to ole cuz, yep..... recon.... there was. The only town OP can remember having so much of one color was that there town in the western where C. Eastwood made them towns folks paint their town red. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Old Pirate says after a few days in Tampa and the ball game see some folks are attempting to rattle a few cages. BigJ, OP hasn't questioned any coaches, just whether the SP players have yet got comfortable with dribbing that ball rather than scoring touchdowns. As for OP's support................... "they" have it, admittedly OP doesn't get to see all their games. OP says it sounds as if you're kin or something......showing support for "him".....tells OP you really support another program. Dad burnit, that's alright, glad to have all we can get ,even if it is just to save face. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> OP being gone perhaps has missed some deleted posts but really haven't seen much about coaching changes. OP says the folks that have posted the questionable comments about the team mostly have been outsiders (anonomous). OP hopes to see this game "IF" it ever........................is played. OP does have a list from the skillet slinger to do things, so perhaps OP will see this battle.

Does it matter what team I support as long as I am supporting yours when I attend your games? Granted I will support Marion first, but I always wish SP the best. As has been the norm until this past football season, I have been to every SP playoff football game (outside of the first round) to cheer them on. I am a supporter of the valley teams and wish all of them luck outside of playing Marion. And no matter how bad you would like to make it look like you are THE ultimate pirate supporter, I have a hard time believing you support anything other than football. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ... So don't tell me about support, because mine for Marion is unconditional... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As far as coaching changes or questionable comments about the team, I must have missed those too. And anything that I have posted is purely from what I have witnessed myself, in person, at a SP basketball game...You should try it... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Does it matter what team I support as long as I am supporting yours when I attend your games? Granted I will support Marion first, but I always wish SP the best. As has been the norm until this past football season, I have been to every SP playoff football game (outside of the first round) to cheer them on. I am a supporter of the valley teams and wish all of them luck outside of playing Marion. And no matter how bad you would like to make it look like you are THE ultimate pirate supporter, I have a hard time believing you support anything other than football. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ... So don't tell me about support, because mine for Marion is unconditional... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As far as coaching changes or questionable comments about the team, I must have missed those too. And anything that I have posted is purely from what I have witnessed myself, in person, at a SP basketball game...You should try it... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Old Pirate sees the wife's snoring keeps more than OP awake. Most times it neccessary to get so tired OP blacks out, then a grizzly giving birth won't wake OP.

No it doesn't matter to OP who,when or how you support the kids, as posted earlier.....glad to have all the help we can get. OP never claimed to be THE ulitimate pirate supporter just an ole cage rattler. See what OP did to you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Those folks you witnessed at the games, Professer Beene called them "Rail Birds". They are at all sporting events and will forever have all the right answers and advise. Last.............take your own advise and don't tell OP about support, causing you don't have a crystal ball. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Old Pirate sees the wife's snoring keeps more than OP awake. Most times it neccessary to get so tired OP blacks out, then a grizzly giving birth won't wake OP.

No it doesn't matter to OP who,when or how you support the kids, as posted earlier.....glad to have all the help we can get. OP never claimed to be THE ulitimate pirate supporter just an ole cage rattler. See what OP did to you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Those folks you witnessed at the games, Professer Beene called them "Rail Birds". They are at all sporting events and will forever have all the right answers and advise. Last.............take your own advise and don't tell OP about support, causing you don't have a crystal ball. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am not talking about the people at the games, but the players instead...How they play, how they respond to teaching during the game and at practice, and the attitude they display...And I don't need a crystal ball to know that I attend more SP Basketball games a year than you do! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am not talking about the people at the games, but the players instead...How they play, how they respond to teaching during the game and at practice, and the attitude they display...And I don't need a crystal ball to know that I attend more SP Basketball games a year than you do! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Old Pirate says you should invest in one, perhaps you'd see more clearly than you do now. OP feels like he's in the witness protection program, skeerd to take the ball cap off this skillet scared head. Just too many folks wanting to aid the wife in her attacks. OP knows a sure mark and could easily clean your pockets iffing playing poker.

Old Pirate says you should invest in one, perhaps you'd see more clearly than you do now. OP feels like he's in the witness protection program, skeerd to take the ball cap off this skillet scared head. Just too many folks wanting to aid the wife in her attacks. OP knows a sure mark and could easily clean your pockets iffing playing poker.

Well about 48 hrs and counting what can go wrong to postpone this game again. Word is that So pitt has sent the youngun a message that he will be shut down sat night just dont see this happening, maybe heck go for 40. So pitt better be worried about Guyear and Brocks they can sure lite that scoreboard up and the physical play of hargis.and dont let Martin get that set shot going.Like i said before should be a great game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />