South Pittsburg @ Marion County

hoopitup10

Congrats OP and to all the Pirate faithful. Bottom line on tonights game, SP just simply outplayed Marion on both ends of the floor. If they gave the kind of effort that they give against Marion (Football included) they would have had a much better season. If there was some way to instill that kind of drive and determination into every game, boy they would be hard to deal with in A... As far as the brownies go, I tried to give em to him before the game but he left em in the locker room and I think our boys ate em instead. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Old Pirate has said from the on set of the season, talent is there. Perhaps they have shed those cleats and become comfortable on the hardwood. OP was surprised by the # of threes by SP. Kinda felt like them there brownies would have helped OP before the game. Have to say the hinny was awlfully puckered up. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OP knows coach P has to be proud of the way his team responded tonight. Now.........keep up the tempo and play up to your potential guys. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they'd not had players move into the middle school or HS there might be other starters, but those starters would have had more minutes in camp, more varsity minutes, and maybe some guys who aren't playing would have gave it a shot if they knew the playing time would be there. You can't just assume Marion would be no good.

If they'd not had players move into the middle school or HS there might be other starters, but those starters would have had more minutes in camp, more varsity minutes, and maybe some guys who aren't playing would have gave it a shot if they knew the playing time would be there. You can't just assume Marion would be no good.

Old Pirate says Jasper would be competitive but SP would be a "powerful lot" better had they stayed in SP and would have diffently give them there Chatt privates a run. Wow.....OP gets goose bumps thinking about it. Just ain't right them city boys whipping us all the time in BB.

OP hinted earlier that the SP folks needed to be careful about what they wished for and complained about the game not being played when scheduled. The delay helped Jasper let BC heal and that had a powerful lot in the decision. But also helped the Pirates get there basketball legs under them a little more. OP just can't say enough about the Pirates and the way they played. It was simply Great.

Old Pirate bets there has been a powerful lot of praying going on today in Jasper by some awlfully sick purple clad rose colored glass wearing folks. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OP just can't wait for some fellers to come out and play. Heck this thread will soon be fade iffing left up to them there Jasper folks.

Old Pirate bets there has been a powerful lot of praying going on today in Jasper by some awlfully sick purple clad rose colored glass wearing folks. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OP just can't wait for some fellers to come out and play. Heck this thread will soon be fade iffing left up to them there Jasper folks.

Im here OP like i said in an eariler post we just got beat plain and simple nothing else i can say but remeber we play 1 more time.

Im here OP like i said in an eariler post we just got beat plain and simple nothing else i can say but remeber we play 1 more time.

I am shocked that this game turned out this way. Everyone says SP has potential. Maybe it was one of those games where they played up to the potential. I didn't think SP would win, but they proved me wrong this time. Marion-Jasper will probably win the rematch, but if SP can beat Marion-Jasper again then they will truly prove to be Marion-Jasper's Ambassador.

I am shocked that this game turned out this way. Everyone says SP has potential. Maybe it was one of those games where they played up to the potential. I didn't think SP would win, but they proved me wrong this time. Marion-Jasper will probably win the rematch, but if SP can beat Marion-Jasper again then they will truly prove to be Marion-Jasper's Ambassador.

The simple truth in this game was that the warriors were outplayed in every phase of the game. The biggest thing though, is what has been true all year with the warriors, they didn't play team ball, while SP looked like they have been playing basketball all of their lives with one another. SP didn't care who scored last night, while the warriors have one or two that have to get their shots and they think that if they aren't scoring then they don't have to play defense either. I cannot believe how selfish most of this ball club is. You have a 6'8 kid that will sign D1 next year and if he would go to the post and his players would get him the ball, then he couldn't be stopped. Fennel played a very physical game against him and did an excellent job and Terrell just simply shredded the zone that we were supposed to be playing. The front two guys did nothing to shut off penetration all night, leaving the post players to step up and have the ball dished off to their men. I have never seen a team with so many individuals on it than this one and it is really a shame because this team could be a great one if they played team ball. They run no offense and just go one on one 95 percent of the time and then there are a couple of players that just stand around and watch the others play.........................

The simple truth in this game was that the warriors were outplayed in every phase of the game. The biggest thing though, is what has been true all year with the warriors, they didn't play team ball, while SP looked like they have been playing basketball all of their lives with one another. SP didn't care who scored last night, while the warriors have one or two that have to get their shots and they think that if they aren't scoring then they don't have to play defense either. I cannot believe how selfish most of this ball club is. You have a 6'8 kid that will sign D1 next year and if he would go to the post and his players would get him the ball, then he couldn't be stopped. Fennel played a very physical game against him and did an excellent job and Terrell just simply shredded the zone that we were supposed to be playing. The front two guys did nothing to shut off penetration all night, leaving the post players to step up and have the ball dished off to their men. I have never seen a team with so many individuals on it than this one and it is really a shame because this team could be a great one if they played team ball. They run no offense and just go one on one 95 percent of the time and then there are a couple of players that just stand around and watch the others play.........................

TTP,

You are right about Fennel playing a physical game. The 6'4 guy completely dominated BC (6'8). Also, Montell coming off the bench and was guarding Corpio like a man posessed. I don't see the Warriors getting any better by this Friday and they could possibly get beat by more than 17 at the Pitt. Hopefully SP is turning the corner at the right time and can make a good run in the post season.

TTP,

You are right about Fennel playing a physical game. The 6'4 guy completely dominated BC (6'8). Also, Montell coming off the bench and was guarding Corpio like a man posessed. I don't see the Warriors getting any better by this Friday and they could possibly get beat by more than 17 at the Pitt. Hopefully SP is turning the corner at the right time and can make a good run in the post season.

refresh me. did not the same thing happen last year and the pirates went on to a 12-16 season. sou pitt gets up to play jasper like nobody else and then goes to sleep. nutin changes at the pitt. still gotta go thru them thar chatt schools olden golden pirate. when they can beat them younguns then give me a hollar. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

TTP,

you gotta be kidding me dominate? Guess so when u have to defend the whole lane and do most of the rebounding too. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

TTP,

I hope you are kidding about Montrell...Did you even watch the game? He played all of about 5 minutes and most of that was at the end of the game against the B Team...Come on! And somebody had to guard Brocks, because he abused Malcolm. He blew by with him with his little crossover anytime he wanted. In case you didn't read the box score he had 24... They will be ready for Friday so don't kid yourself and Coach P and boys know it. It should be a good one...