Tri-County Seven

krichunaka

Who said it was a fluke? Hampton did beat Cloudland, but Hampton made a lot of shots that they couldn't have made that consistently on any other floor. On the other hand, if Cloudland doesn't quit playing so lazy, they may finish third. Its almost like they are burned out on basketball.

It seems as if they have not gotten much better since they were sophmores either. They have kinda topped out while North Greene and Hampton have caught up to them and maybe even surpassed them...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be right. I knew they were overhyped from the beginning and its not fair to them because I believe they give their best on most nights. People just can't expect them to be like the Hanson-Storie teams. Those were our best girls teams ever eventhough it can be disputed. Just my opinion.

Believe I'll change my number one rankings to: snow.... seems like the only thing that can put a stop to all the teams. Hope games get back on schedule this evening and we can get the regular season completed and get into the tournaments.

Rankings

1. Snow

2. Elizabethton

3. Hampton

4. Cloudland

5. Unicoi

6. Happy Valley

7. (tie) Unaka/Johnson County

(maybe the snow will lose their number one ranking for next week, have a tough match up this weekend with the sun)

A few big games on tap for tonight. Elizabethton plays South Greene at home. Cloudland welcomes North Greene and Hampton and Unaka go at it at Hampton. I wish all ladies good luck and represent their schools well.

Elizabethton needs a big game from MP in order to get the W. She has to play like she did in the second half of the game down there. This is a huge game for the Lady Cyclones. If they beat SG and they trip up on someone like we did then we have a tie for first place. Good luck to both teams!

GO CYCLONES!!!

South Greene takes round two from Elizabethton 57-46, in a game that was much tighter than the final score might indicate. Elizabethton came out hot and built an early eight point lead. Elizabethton held South Greene to 11 total points midway through the second quarter, but went to a zone with four minutes left in the half and gave up 17 points in 4 minutes, allowing South Greene to tie it at 28-28 at the half. Foul trouble on Fritz and Powell caused the change. South Greene also had Dye and Hicks out in the second quarter with foul trouble. The third quarter was about even and Elizabethton held a 44-42 lead with about five minutes left in the game. South Greene ended the game on a 15-2 run for the final margin. Pietrowski played well and had about 16 points, but South Greene limited her touches in the second half. Powell and Dye played to about a draw at the point again. Casteel and Kinser won it for South Greene with mid range jumpers,slashing drives, and hustle putbacks. The Cyclones were ice cold from the perimeter nearly all night. That locks up the regular season title for South Greene. I bet these teams will play at least one more time and maybe two before the season ends. Go Cyclones!!!!!

Hats off to the Lady Rebels. They played an excellent game en route to a victory over Etown. Our ladies played well also but it was not enough.

The key to the game was the fact that South Greene took advantage of Powell and Fritz being in foul trouble and Elizabethton not following suit when Dye was on the bench for fouls. And when both Powell and Fritz fouled out we had no answer.

Like I said, hats off to the Rebels. I think the two will make deep runs in the playoffs and I'd like to see them play in the District and Regional Championship games.

The lady landers beat north greene tonight!

I thought Cloudland was better than North Greene. I also think Hampton is better than the Huskies. The District 1 A tournament should be interesting. The Region Tournament may be a battle between the same three teams. Hampton and Cloudland may both find themselves in the sub-state!