Morgan Co. Football

footballer2008

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 in a row is probably an exaggeration. They last went to the play-ffs in 2004 with the exact 4-6 record that Coalfield qualified last year. But that was in 2A ball not the little 1A stuff. In 2003 they went 5-5 with a win over Coalfield & OZ. In '02 they went 8-4, beatin Coalfield & ALCOA. '01 was an 8-4 season too.

Admittidly 2005-2007 were all 0-10 seasons so that makes for 3 down years. I wouldn't refer to last years' 1-9 season as down, but as a new beginning. They began laying the foundation for future success. & dont forget that 1 WIN came against Coalfield.

PS Wartburg leads the overall series by 2 games against Coalfield. Stick that in your pipe & smoke it.

10 in a row is probably an exaggeration. They last went to the play-ffs in 2004 with the exact 4-6 record that Coalfield qualified last year. But that was in 2A ball not the little 1A stuff. In 2003 they went 5-5 with a win over Coalfield & OZ. In '02 they went 8-4, beatin Coalfield & ALCOA. '01 was an 8-4 season too.

Admittidly 2005-2007 were all 0-10 seasons so that makes for 3 down years. I wouldn't refer to last years' 1-9 season as down, but as a new beginning. They began laying the foundation for future success. & dont forget that 1 WIN came against Coalfield.

PS Wartburg leads the overall series by 2 games against Coalfield. Stick that in your pipe & smoke it.

wartburg is double A and has that big of an enrollment, and only leads the series by 2 games. hasn't coalfield always been single A? they must have held their own pretty good over the years. there is no disgrace in that.

wartburg is double A and has that big of an enrollment, and only leads the series by 2 games. hasn't coalfield always been single A? they must have held their own pretty good over the years. there is no disgrace in that.

No disgrace in that? Absolutely not!! Coalfield has held their own over that run through hardwork. It is hard work to hit the recruiting trail. Long hours on the roads of Anderson, Roane and Bledsoe Counties, not to mention the ones they get from Morgan County as well.

tiger 24 would your name be Dillion by chance? And you can dish Oz all you want but we will do our talking on the field i promise you that much. And for Rockwood im tierd of hearing you cry about us not playing you. If you want to play so bad make it to the play offs or humm since were not in season maybe scrimage us or the jambre. there are pleaty of chances for us to shut you up once and for all. And i just love morgan county teams because they think there so great but when you play teams just as bad as we are this year then whats there to make fun of Oz? But the thing is with any roan county team if you say morgan county or speak of playing a morgan county team all you see is a smile with a laugh.....

Nope....would yours happen to be Coty??........and where did you see me diss OS??....you ask a simple question and blew the answer......i gave you the correct one.....go back and read the OS thread.....I wasn't the person complaining that OS wouldn't play Rockwood.....methinks you are confused....again........shut me up???????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ........Rockwood plays Wartburg and Coalfield this season.....i'm not laughing at all

No disgrace in that? Absolutely not!! Coalfield has held their own over that run through hardwork. It is hard work to hit the recruiting trail. Long hours on the roads of Anderson, Roane and Bledsoe Counties, not to mention the ones they get from Morgan County as well.

do you need some tissue paper?

Does seem to be a little mello dramatic doesn't he. lol He may be right they are good recruiters or at least they were in the past. But, even with recruiting they must work hard to have the tradition that they have. Dont get me wrong I hate them & it brought tears of joy to my eye when we beat them last year. Make no mistake about it Coalfiel got outcoached, out worked & outclassed in that game. The players were about even. I do cheer for Coalfield when they play Roane county schools though I like to see all of morgan counties programs succeed /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Im getting fired up for football season. Spring will give us enough to get us salivating. When do all of the Morgan County teams negin spring practice? From what I can gather I believe Wartburg is beginning the first week of May. What about the other 3 schools. Any scrimmages?

Im getting fired up for football season. Spring will give us enough to get us salivating. When do all of the Morgan County teams negin spring practice? From what I can gather I believe Wartburg is beginning the first week of May. What about the other 3 schools. Any scrimmages?

Wartburg will begin Spring Practice on April 30th. Will end up with a scrimmage here on May 14th. Scrimmage will be with Sequoyah. Looking forward to a good Spring!!

Coach Shoe

Good to see some dates for the scrimmages good luck coach Shoe hope you guys have a good year there at the Burg just do me a favor don't beat my Jackets again.. Nah hope you all do well Good luck to all Morgan County teams looking forward to another high school football season it's the best time of the year.