OS-Clarkrange

goosevol

"She seems unhealthy or sick. Something is not right. Maybe she's just tired of HS basketball."

Maybe scoring 20 points a game when getting double and triple teamed has taken it's toll. That would be the more intelligent answer instead of making a speculative comment.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with OS91 Christoper is the best player in class A and should win Miss Basketball.......I dont agree with no other players on the team very good. There are several other good players on the team ...yes they need to step it up-but it is very hard to step it up when you only on the floor for a few minutes at a time. Lets not forget the Hall girl she is very good and the team will miss her greatly next year.

I usally watch and keep up with AAA ball but I went last night to see this game and the two teams for the first time. Clarkrange is a solid team and I guess since no one has beaten them they have to be the favorite in A ball. But don't forget Jackson Co, Oliver Springs, and others that rank ahead of OS but have lesser scheduleds. Not caring who won the game I thought CR was the better team (last night)but OS never gave up and I would not count them out at all. They have great players as well, I agree "mountian" about other good players they seem to have 5-7 good role players. The Hall girl is small in stature but a heart of lion she appears to be a winner. She seems to handle pressure great, can shoot, defend and distribute to ball. Those type players would sorely be missed in any program.

It sounds like to me "Mountian" your a parent that is not happy with playing time but if they have 7 seniors like I was told last night I can't imagine, that has to be a coaching night mare.

As for Christopher she is special and if not Miss Basketball I can't imagine anyone else better. But we all know how subjective that is. I can't imagine the focus she sees everynight from all teams. She probably has to distribute the ball a little more than in the past due to that, so if her numbers are down ( and I don't know that) that would make her even more special.

Being a first timer seeing these two teams and not having seen JC this year but hearing alot about them these three have to be in the top 4 or 5 teams to watch during tournament time.

It was a great game and a joy to watch both teams put on a great show.

Christopher is the most talented player in Class A and should win Miss Basketball. She also has a great academic standing which should be taken into consideration. She may be the best player all around in the whole state.

Now, I am not dissing my own girls....I think we have 2 or 3 players that could be a finalist, but we are more balanced than Oliver Springs and Jackson County this year, and I am sure the girls would rather win state as a team than win Miss Basketball individually. I expect Christopher and Laken Leonard to both be finalist....I just wonder who the third will be.

If CR and OZ make it back to M-buro, I hope we do not draw them in the first round......but I am sure you guys would agree that a lot of things will have to fall into place for both teams to even make it back.

"She seems unhealthy or sick. Something is not right. Maybe she's just tired of HS basketball."

Maybe scoring 20 points a game when getting double and triple teamed has taken it's toll. That would be the more intelligent answer instead of making a speculative comment.

She has been double and triple teamed since she's been playing but this year she looks out of gas. She's looked tired in both games with CR and JC but then again, both these programs drain whoever plays against them.

She drives in all the time and gets off some pretty good shots, even with people hanging all over her. Are you serious? You probably hadn't watched much have you? And passes because of her height, what an uninformed statement. Hey you are tall, so that gives you great accuracy, vision and timing, that easy, every team should have two or three great passers then. We know why OS91 got on here and got so offended, but not sure of your motivation. I am not sure miss basketball nomination will be on her horizon, but I am sure that basketball scout will definitely not be in yours.

I hate to see the girls she's driving by then. They must be statues. I have no doubt that Kelli Reed is a wonderful young lady, and I believe that she is a quality basketball player in Class A. She is surrounded by players who take care of her too, and she takes care of them. It's why they're the best team in Class A. They should win the state title. I wish them the best of luck. However, Reed doesn't have to do a lot. Lowe exclusively handles the ball. Green is the primary defender and also shoots it relatively well, and the post players to a great job of kicking the ball out to Reed. Reed shoots it better than anybody in Class A probably. However, she is a standstill shooter. She not like many women's college basketball players who can shoot a pull up jump shot. I haven't seen her be able to dribble much at all. If she's driving in and getting pretty good shots as you say, it's probably taking one to two dribbles past a defender who was running out to the three-point line at her in order to shoot some 12-footer. The reason for my reply was not to tear down Kelli Reed. It was to address what I perceived as ignorance that was posted earlier in the thread in regard to Reed being a Miss Basketball finalist. She's just not in that class of players. I don't care who scores the points, the best two players that Clarkrange has is Phillips and Heady. And yes, Reed passes well due in large part to her height. How often is she guarded by a girl taller than 5-8. I'm saying that is rarely the case. When you can stand out along the three-point line, see over defenders and make passes to good post players, it's not that difficult. But it's a credit to her for being able to make those passes. Not every 6-foot girl can do that. I've watched more basketball than you know, and it's a lot more than just paint-by-numbers Class A basketball. I don't claim to be an expert. I'm just expressing my opinion, as you are. Reed's limited game and below average foot speed is what's going to prevent her from being able to play college ball at a very high level. Rogers coaches players to succeed in his program. And he does it well. It's why they will likely have eight gold balls soon. Reed is going to end up at a junior college or a very small school (a Division II or Division III or a desperate NAIA program). She just can't move well enough to keep up at that level. Scoring isn't everything, but it certainly helps. Best of luck to Kelli and to Clarkrange. Laken is really coming on strong from what I hear. Watch out.

I appreciate Clarkrange fans understanding where I was coming from in defending Christopher.

Clarkrange is a machine this year and could play with any team in Tennessee regardless of classification.

I would love to have seen a Clarkrange- Knox Webb or Oak Ridge match up this year.

I appreciate Clarkrange fans understanding where I was coming from in defending Christopher.

Clarkrange is a machine this year and could play with any team in Tennessee regardless of classification.

I would love to have seen a Clarkrange- Knox Webb or Oak Ridge match up this year.

CR is the class of Class A, but CR would not win AA nor even be near the top of AAA. It's a faster game with bigger and better athletes.

I hate to see the girls she's driving by then. They must be statues. She is surrounded by players who take care of her too. Reed doesn't have to do a lot. However, she is a standstill shooter. She not like many women's college basketball players who can shoot a pull up jump shot. I haven't seen her be able to dribble much at all. If she's driving in and getting pretty good shots as you say, it's probably taking one to two dribbles past a defender who was running out to the three-point line at her in order to shoot some 12-footer. The reason for my reply was not to tear down Kelli Reed. It was to address what I perceived as ignorance that was posted earlier in the thread in regard to Reed being a Miss Basketball finalist. She's just not in that class of players. And yes, Reed passes well due in large part to her height. How often is she guarded by a girl taller than 5-8. I'm saying that is rarely the case. When you can stand out along the three-point line, see over defenders and make passes to good post players, it's not that difficult. Reed's limited game and below average foot speed is what's going to prevent her from being able to play college ball at a very high level. Reed is going to end up at a junior college or a very small school (a Division II or Division III or a desperate NAIA program). She just can't move well enough to keep up at that level.

Sounds like you are tearing her down to me! You don't watch as closely as you think. She uses her size to position and then drive to the hole or pull up for a shot. She is not as fast as you say, but she still gets several shots a game off in the paint by moving away from the ball and driving. You may watch games, but apparently not many of them are CR. Their top 6 are excellent. There are two that would be hard to replace or should I say survive without. My opinion is Green and Reed. That's not a slight at the other players, but I believe that the others can interchange for each other. Green can put exceptional pressure on any scorer for the other team and get the ball where it needs to be and cause problems and Reed can rebound, shoot a high % from anywhere, make some very good passes, and yes...drive and create offense. Every girl is valuable to the team, they are not jealous of each other, and they are out to win. They all compliment each other and are great to watch as a team. There could be several finalist from this team, and if you attack any one of them, I can give evidence against such an attack. The funny thing in all this is I did not try to attack another player who was praised to prove my point, but to each is his own. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

CR is the class of Class A, but CR would not win AA nor even be near the top of AAA. It's a faster game with bigger and better athletes.

Not so fast my friend, Clarkrange faired pretty well this summer against Wilson Central, Shelbyville, and several others. So, I do believe they could play with any team at any level and they would be contenders.

Not so fast my friend, Clarkrange faired pretty well this summer against Wilson Central, Shelbyville, and several others. So, I do believe they could play with any team at any level and they would be contenders.

Clarkrange would easily be a top 10 team in AAA.

They would be a favorite to win AA.

Jackson County and Oliver Springs were two of the top AA programs before moving to A. Jackson County was probably the best team in Tennessee a couple times during their AA state championship runs.

They were ranked in the USA today top 25. It's comical to see someone say Class A teams can't compete against the other classifications. Just look at some of the teams OS, Clarkrange, and JC have beaten in the last 3 years.

Really stupid comment. Sorry but really stupid. Clarkrange has already beaten Shelbyville and Wilson Central this year, is ranked number 2 in the state overall in one poll and number 6 overall in another. These polls are in all classes. They are also nationally ranked. They routinely beat AAA schools. When they have played Upperman they have beaten them regularly as well. To say you don't know your A from a hole in the ground would be a total understatement. Your comment ranks as the dumbest I've ever read at this site and that's going a long way.

OS91 I think you got it wrong by no means do I think Kayla will not be a finalist for Miss Basketball she is a very very good player but I just dont not think she will win Miss Basketball she has not played as well as she has in the past I for one think Reed or the girl from JC is a better player this year. sorry