Review of Matman's wk 11

I disagree. Bradley Rogers of Collierville. Tough, Athletic, and a smart wrestler. Has only lost to #1 ranked DII kid from BA, this year. Otherwise, undefeated. Not taking anything away from Peck, he looks solid and should have a good performance at the McSleazie Arena in 2 weeks. As for Tindall, I was thoroughly unimpressed with his showboat style wrestling ability. In case he is reading this: don't try that silly optional start where you try to jump in with the legs, won't work on a solid wrestler at states. Good Luck to all.

Just calling it like I see it. Peck has beaten everyone in Region 10 all year long. Didn't Rogers lose during preseason to Conley from Bolton? Rogers is good, I just think Peck is better. We'll see in a couple of weeks. Good luck to him.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has he wrestled anyone in TN that is in the top 6 or on the watch out for from coach bray's ranking?

1) Cameron Croy (Brentwood)

2) Mike Kennedy (Blackman)

3) Brenden Dusevic (Notre Dame)

4) Jackie Miller (Greenback)

4) Tate Mustin (Lincoln County)

6) Tucker Bolton (Bradley Central)

Others to watch: Brett Jaeckel (Hendersonville), Chris Ferguson (East Literature), Chip Norwood (Cleveland), Tyler Toon (Ooltewah), Jonathan Kilgore (Morristown West), Derek Conley (Bolton), Zach Bergholtz (Ravenwood)

that's 13 guys, if he has not wrestled any of these, then there probably are not many more decent and tough 189lbers in a state like TN? If he has wrestled some of these, who did he beat? This info may get him noticed! I know that Jaeckel has lost like 12 matches this year, but i also know he has wrestled some tough guys. His record COULD BE a result of his competition. (please notice I said could, now was)

Kilgore was in reg 1 last year, but he moved some where up north and did not wrestle for Morristown West this year. When we wrestled Bradley Central last night the coach bumped him to 215. I do not know the name of the kid he wrestled, however I don't think he was a starter because Craig pined him in the first period.

The rest of the wrestlers on the list, except for Miller, are from Chatt and points west. Where we live in East Tn it is about 5 minutes to Va., 1 hour to NC., 2 hours to SC or Knoxville, 3 hours to Charlotte, 3.5 hours to Hunting WV, 4 hours to Chatt, 5+ to Nashville, and it took us over 6 to get Clarksville. We don't wrestle a lot of those teams with the ranked 189s, it just to far to drive.

However, that is not to say we do not wrestle good competition. This year we went to individual and dual tournaments in North Car., South Car., and West VA. We host a tournament where 27 teams from 7 states participated.

Craig has not lost to a wrestler who was not ranked in another state, with one exception. When we wrestled in the tournament in W VA he lost to a kid from PA who was not ranked. According to the host coach, he had just beat his teammate, who was ranked in PA, in a wrestle off.

Kilgore was in reg 1 last year, but he moved some where up north and did not wrestle for Morristown West this year. When we wrestled Bradley Central last night the coach bumped him to 215. I do not know the name of the kid he wrestled, however I don't think he was a starter because Craig pined him in the first period.

The rest of the wrestlers on the list, except for Miller, are from Chatt and points west. Where we live in East Tn it is about 5 minutes to Va., 1 hour to NC., 2 hours to SC or Knoxville, 3 hours to Charlotte, 3.5 hours to Hunting WV, 4 hours to Chatt, 5+ to Nashville, and it took us over 6 to get Clarksville. We don't wrestle a lot of those teams with the ranked 189s, it just to far to drive.

However, that is not to say we do not wrestle good competition. This year we went to individual and dual tournaments in North Car., South Car., and West VA. We host a tournament where 27 teams from 7 states participated.

Craig has not lost to a wrestler who was not ranked in another state, with one exception. When we wrestled in the tournament in W VA he lost to a kid from PA who was not ranked. According to the host coach, he had just beat his teammate, who was ranked in PA, in a wrestle off.

I saw where he lost to flynn by 5 and taylor hall by 9. Not bad for guys who placed 5th and 6th last year, so maybe he has a chance to make some noise, but croy, kennedy, miller, mustain, bolton and even toon could give him a dose of the depth of 189lbs in the rest of TN. I wish him well!

Just calling it like I see it. Peck has beaten everyone in Region 10 all year long. Didn't Rogers lose during preseason to Conley from Bolton? Rogers is good, I just think Peck is better. We'll see in a couple of weeks. Good luck to him.

Your right Conley beat Rogers at the Cordova preseason 6-1, but that was just a preseason. I think it would be a different match if it were to happen again.