East Hickman Eagles

EastAdvocate

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the legal is not what you think it is........ There is a African American kid who has been blackballed , and supposidly he was thrown off the team for cussing. Well another truth is ,the entire team cusses...., it is alleged the Coach caught some kids dipping but did nothing. Kinda weird that out of 6 African American kids starting ......only 1 made it thru the first 4 games? I think 4 never made it to the first game. BUT all these kids went thru the middle School program all 3 years with no problems........ ????? Can you explain this? Oh it is just middle School...... ? Do you think there is no disp. in Middle School? Could it be the kids would walk thru fire for thier Middle School Coach? I think so......that is success. And it shows on the field. East coach has burned just about all his bridges. He did it to himself

I've followed this situation for quite some time. The bottom line is much is the East Hickman community believes that if they can somehow, someway get Coach Jones ran off, then Coach Harris will swoop in, become the high school coach, and save the day. Their kids will return to the glory days of winning championships at EHMS. A couple of problems with this train of thought: First, Harris will NEVER be hired as the high school head coach because he does not have a college degree and is not a certified teacher, nor has he been a high school assistant for the required number of years. So you folks holding your breath for that to happen, Forget It! Second, the high school is now playing in a district comprised of teams like Houston Co and White Bluff, not to mention the non-conference games like McEwen and Hillsboro that EHMS always plays. It's a different ballgame playing in a district with teams like Giles, Marshall, Page, Spring Hill, etc. So people expecting middle school success to directly translate into high school success is way off as well. Maybe Coach Jones has gone overboard on some things, I don't know enough details about that to comment. But I do know much of Coach Jones' lynch mob wants him out so they can get Harris in...and that isn't happening.

I've followed this situation for quite some time. The bottom line is much is the East Hickman community believes that if they can somehow, someway get Coach Jones ran off, then Coach Harris will swoop in, become the high school coach, and save the day. Their kids will return to the glory days of winning championships at EHMS. A couple of problems with this train of thought: First, Harris will NEVER be hired as the high school head coach because he does not have a college degree and is not a certified teacher, nor has he been a high school assistant for the required number of years. So you folks holding your breath for that to happen, Forget It! Second, the high school is now playing in a district comprised of teams like Houston Co and White Bluff, not to mention the non-conference games like McEwen and Hillsboro that EHMS always plays. It's a different ballgame playing in a district with teams like Giles, Marshall, Page, Spring Hill, etc. So people expecting middle school success to directly translate into high school success is way off as well. Maybe Coach Jones has gone overboard on some things, I don't know enough details about that to comment. But I do know much of Coach Jones' lynch mob wants him out so they can get Harris in...and that isn't happening.

The fact of the matter is East, Houston Co., Waverly and William James left the old conference with Sycamore, Dickson, Harpeth, Charlotte and Cheatham. What was that all about? Middle school success doesn't equate to high school success very often.

Dang! I don't know what parents expect 2 years into a program, particularly when the zones are open the first year so that some of the players zoned for their school can go to the other school in the county. East is just now getting a full compliment of players in all sports that are playing in the zone they're supposed to be playing in. They could have played JV for the first 2 or 3 years and nobody would have thought the lesser of them. I don't know Coach Jones personally, but I've heard nothing but good things about him. I do know Coach Parsley to be a man of honor and integrity. I would suggest setting up a meeting at the school and airing all your dirty laundry there instead of on coacht.

I was thinking the same exact same thing. I believe that you have hit the proverbial nail on the head with this one. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

coach harris doesn't want the east job! he didn't leave for nashville christian because he wanted to wait and see if his buddy at fairview could pull off a successful coup. which he did, so if his buddy gets the job at fairview vegas odds say coach harris makes his high school debut as a yellow jacket. home sweet home!

coach harris doesn't want the east job! he didn't leave for nashville christian because he wanted to wait and see if his buddy at fairview could pull off a successful coup. which he did, so if his buddy gets the job at fairview vegas odds say coach harris makes his high school debut as a yellow jacket. home sweet home!

Now people are starting to put 2 and 2 together...

No Coach Swenson was at the Hickman County High School in Centerville....East is the new high school in the county....we don't have all this drama in Centerville....lol

No drama in Centerville...that is a joke..it wasn't so long ago there was a thread on here that was 20 pages long where Centerville was bashing their coach and the athlete director....so don't come on here acting holy! It's nothing to you so stay out of it!

Boy you are so misguided. Coach Harris would not want anything more than to see the kids who he has coached thru Middle School be successful. I know that he would of liked to see the Coach of East High succeed as well. He was happy with his own program and things were fine , But East Coach started taking shots and trying to impose his will on Coach Harris program.... Anybody that has any dignity would stand up to this idiot and draw the line.......... But as for East Coach,after the first year.........everybody had some concerns and questions. Second year some bad things started happening.....and only got worse.Lots of people in East are very unhappy, and I am sure the School has been getting calls since season #1 , but then this guy starts on the Middle School program... Downing it. DUH???? what is he supposed to do? Something had to be done. The Supt. Dr. Nash is involved now so I hear. I am confident he will give this Coach a fair shake, if he gets fired........He deserved it.. Personally i think he will give this man another year to straighten his act up and start being fair to the kids as well as himself, if no improvement. He is gone. Oh and Centerville............. ha. East will beat you this year as bad as they want...........from here on out.