East Hickman Eagles

EastAdvocate

according to the schedule on coach t they won 5 games and did not even play hickman county. Non of the sports teams have done well at EHHS yet. Only if the people in Lyles were smart enough to understand that a school that is only 2 years old is not going to compete yet and until they leave the coaches alone and build a program they will never compete.

So it must be my imagination huh? I watched my Nephew play in a game that really didnt happen huh ,it was all a mirage? Maybe you aint smart enough to read the paper and realize that people in Lyles have had sucess with several sports programs so far, just not football. Dont put your foot in your mouth before doing a little research.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it must be my imagination huh? I watched my Nephew play in a game that really didnt happen huh ,it was all a mirage? Maybe you aint smart enough to read the paper and realize that people in Lyles have had sucess with several sports programs so far, just not football. Dont put your foot in your mouth before doing a little research.

AllSeeingEye,

Tripleopt is right. CoachT schedules donot have EHHS and HCHS playing each other. He was simply stating that the schedule did not have them playing each other. He was not saying that you guys did not play at all. You were assuming and you know what that means? It makes an A.. out of you and me. I am not supporting tripleopt, but I did not read anything else into it. As far as research goes, I have done mine: East Hickman in all sports have not done well to this point, but to the people across the state, that is understandable. It is only a small faction of Hwy 100/7 that think they should be winning state championships in the 2nd year. To all of East Hickman County: I hope you prove me wrong, but you WILL NOT win games unless you allow a coach to come in and you keep your mouth shut. It tears down the whole program and your kids here what you say.

AllSeeingEye,

Tripleopt is right. CoachT schedules donot have EHHS and HCHS playing each other. He was simply stating that the schedule did not have them playing each other. He was not saying that you guys did not play at all. You were assuming and you know what that means? It makes an A.. out of you and me. I am not supporting tripleopt, but I did not read anything else into it. As far as research goes, I have done mine: East Hickman in all sports have not done well to this point, but to the people across the state, that is understandable. It is only a small faction of Hwy 100/7 that think they should be winning state championships in the 2nd year. To all of East Hickman County: I hope you prove me wrong, but you WILL NOT win games unless you allow a coach to come in and you keep your mouth shut. It tears down the whole program and your kids here what you say.

very well put and that is exactly all I was saying. I dont know whether they played or not nor do I care. I just know that if you look at schedules on coach t of any team at EHHS they have won no more that 20% of the games on the schedule. And as I said before no one should expect them to in there 2nd year.

according to the schedule on coach t they won 5 games and did not even play hickman county. Non of the sports teams have done well at EHHS yet. Only if the people in Lyles were smart enough to understand that a school that is only 2 years old is not going to compete yet and until they leave the coaches alone and build a program they will never compete.

That's a great point. Young coaches trying to get their foot in the door or desperate coaches looking for somewhere to land might be the best EHHS can attract until they figure out a way to harness the parents and get the administration to back them. I mean, would you leave a decent job to get involved in this? Most wouldn't.

I wonder why Hickman County Coach Swenson came for only 3 years and took the team to the final 4 last year and never had any of these problems? Are the people at East that bad? I have a bunch of family in east and they are not bad people . Somthing must really be wrong over there to have this much drama. Could it be the coach most of you are co-signing for on here is in reality not cut out to be a head coach ? I played for Coach Swenson for 2 years and he was a good coach, and we had some real dummies on our team but for the better of the team we needed them, so he worked with these idiots for the sake of the team, he could of threw them off the team, but each player brought somthing to the table that helped us,so for the sake of the kids who give thier all, he effectivly managed these guys so the goal was met, that is smart coaching. East could of won many more games last year had a certain coach not been so heard headed and realized he should of bent a little. In being so bullheaded he got a whole community ripping him and eventually led to his leaving.

So in effect what you are saying is that Coach Jones should not have set team standards for workout participation, practice attendance or following any type of team rules, much less trying to create a culture among the faculty at EHHS that fostered academic and behavior expectations for the players???????

Maybe what everyone should have wanted from Coach Jones was that he maintain the stereotypical status quo and simply allow some kid to play because he could tote the rock ........regardless of whether he came to practice, made the grade or listened to his teachers in class.......just as long as he could help the team win on Fridays he gets a free pass to play! That may be effectively managing to meet a goal.............that may be smart coaching......... If your end result is measured by nothing more than wins.......... regardless, that is using student-athletes to meet YOUR needs as a coach without any thought for their future.

I guess my philosophy is lifted from the pages of the book "Season of Life" If any of the posters on this thread have not read it, I suggest it.....for those that really care about kids. When asked about his teams success for the upcoming season, the coach responded that it was too soon to tell........ He wouldn't know if the coaches had been successful until he saw what type of men, husbands, and fathers the players had become.

We came into the situation at East and knew that wins on the football field would take time (anyone that thinks different knows less about football than I do)............ BUT preparing the young men to be winners on and off the field was something we could begin to do NOW. Yes, we have high expectations. And guess what? Their is a group of young men in the field house now that have met or exceeded those standards in many ways and continue to work hard to excel on the field and in the classroom. Those that could not or would not moved on, and that is O.K. sports and other types of extra curricular activities are not for everyone, it takes a lot of perserverance to be a student/athlete

The bottom line is, Coach Jones had a vision of how he wanted to build this program, I believed (and still do) in what he wanted to accomplish and so I joined him at East. It has become obvious that their are a few...or many ( the most heard anyway) in the community and the administration at central office that wanted a different direction......maybe a direction more like "straightupthegut" described. Anyway, Coach Jones has stepped aside to allow those that were unhappy, to begin their search for someone that is a better fit for the the culture of the community. So YES the man that I am co-signing for is cut out to be a head coach and he will be again someday in a situation better suited for him.

So, maybe those that keep hounding Coach Jones about his performance as head coach can leave the man alone and move towards something more productive.

Coach P

So in effect what you are saying is that Coach Jones should not have set team standards for workout participation, practice attendance or following any type of team rules, much less trying to create a culture among the faculty at EHHS that fostered academic and behavior expectations for the players???????

Maybe what everyone should have wanted from Coach Jones was that he maintain the stereotypical status quo and simply allow some kid to play because he could tote the rock ........regardless of whether he came to practice, made the grade or listened to his teachers in class.......just as long as he could help the team win on Fridays he gets a free pass to play! That may be effectively managing to meet a goal.............that may smart coaching......... If your end result is measured by nothing more than wins.......... regardless, that is using student-athletes to meet YOUR needs as a coach without any thought for their future.

I guess my philosophy is lifted from the pages of the book "Season of Life" If any of the posters on this thread have not read it, I suggest it.....for those that really care about kids. When asked about his teams success for the upcoming season, the coach responded that it was too soon to tell........ He wouldn't know if the coaches had been successful until he saw what type of men, husbands, and fathers the players had become.

We came into the situation at East and knew that wins on the football field would take time (anyone that thinks different knows less about football than I do)............ BUT preparing the young men to be winners on and off the field was something we could begin to do NOW. Yes, we have high expectations. And guess what? Their is a group of young men in the field house now that have met or exceeded those standards in many ways and continue to work hard to excel on the field and in the classroom. Those that could not or would not moved on, and that is O.K. sports and other types of extra curricular are not for everyone, it takes a lot of perserverance to be a student/athlete

The bottom line is, Coach Jones had a vision of how he wanted to build this program, I believed (and still do) in what he wanted to accomplish and so I joined him at East. It has become obvious that their are a few...or many ( the most heard anyway) in the community and the administration at central office that wanted a different direction......maybe a direction more like "straightupthegut" described. Anyway, Coach Jones has stepped aside to allow those that were unhappy, to begin their search for someone that is a better fit for the the culture of the community. So YES the man that I am co-signing for is cut out to be a head coach and he will be again someday in a situation better suited for him.

So, maybe those that keep hounding Coach Jones about his performance as head coach can leave the man alone and move towards something more productive.

Coach P

Coach P,

Good post! Most people who really understand the situation know how far behind the 8 ball you were these first 2 years. I respect all you FB coaches at EAST. The sad part of all this is that some of the fine folks of the Lyles community and the surrounding area who do not know a rock from a hole in the ground have NO clue what it takes to be successful. WHat has happened now is this: East Hickman just got further behind in trying to establish a solid program. I hate it for the kids who were mentally tough enough to stick around and suffer the 1st two years. I can guarantee this: Those tough minded kids will forever respect Coach Jones and his staff for the lessons they have learned. For the ones that did not, well....they will just have to settle for living thru their own kids and then telling their grandkids how good they COULD have been and blaming everyone but themselves. Good luck in the future. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Volleyball. Volleyball has done fairly well. I'm just saying not ALL the sports are doing bad.

tnknights,

I stand corrected. Your post is duely noted. EHHS Volleyball had a solid year. Admittingly, my research did not include volleyball. Congrats to the Lady Eagle volleyball team with an 8-7 record. Good luck to everyone involved in this ugly situation.

Girls Softball ,Soccer , Track, and Tennis also did very well . No championships but did not get embarrased.

they did well........but that is comparing apples to oranges.........................how well did UT volleyball, tennis, soccer, and track do this year? You might have to look that one up, because........it is irrelavant in this discussion.

Football is a work in progress every single year. This is the south, people take it serious. Not to say the other sports are not taken any less serioulsy, but the truth is, not nearly the time, effort, study, knowledge, weight training, or dedication are required to get the same results.

Coach Jones did the right thing. Good luck to the next man. If the history of Hickman County football at any school is any indication........you better have a bible in one hand (a good thing for anyone!), and a beer in the other. Hickman county is another of many who has had very limited success. Coaches change, administration changes.....but the culture does not. Lets do whats best for the team............unless I dont think its best for my child=Loser and lots of homecoming games. so really, you shouldnt be sad...........enjoy the floats, pretty girls, and the kicking band action at halftime.

they did well........but that is comparing apples to oranges.........................how well did UT volleyball, tennis, soccer, and track do this year? You might have to look that one up, because........it is irrelavant in this discussion.

Football is a work in progress every single year. This is the south, people take it serious. Not to say the other sports are not taken any less serioulsy, but the truth is, not nearly the time, effort, study, knowledge, weight training, or dedication are required to get the same results.

Coach Jones did the right thing. Good luck to the next man. If the history of Hickman County football at any school is any indication........you better have a bible in one hand (a good thing for anyone!), and a beer in the other. Hickman county is another of many who has had very limited success. Coaches change, administration changes.....but the culture does not. Lets do whats best for the team............unless I dont think its best for my child=Loser and lots of homecoming games. so really, you shouldnt be sad...........enjoy the floats, pretty girls, and the kicking band action at halftime.

Talking about losers...you must be one...you are on here all day....I doubt that you even have a job...and if you do it can't be much of one or you would not be on this site all day showing your stupidity. You must really like us to be so interested in our site. GO AWAY!!!