Temple at Grace Baptist

dadoffour

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Eagles on an excellent win! You guys earned it. You played an almost perfect game and that was what it took to to beat the Crusaders.

Temple played well also but I am not sure that they played nearly as perfect as Grace. John Mattheis had a good game plan against Temple, I guess. James Kemp was limited to one three all game long and very few attempts. Jeremy Sexton had zero threes. It is unusual for Kemp and Sexton to not have two or more. What a great battle with just over a minute in the game and down ten to make it a one bucket game at the end. Good job to the players off the bench who contributed significant minutes and also kept Temple in the game while Sexton sat because of foul trouble.

It was absolutely the best game of the season and a great one to end the regular season on (Grace still has a couple more). Bring on District!

I thoroughly appreciated and enjoyed the enthusiasm and excitement of Grace's student section! And as much as I hate to criticize, those guys really need to learn some class. The fans were great and the players were great but as for the student section, it really is uncalled for to hold up the newspapers and "boo" our players when they are being announced. I know some may think it is funny but I do not. It shows a lack of sportsmanship. The only other thing I would mention that I found disturbing was the student section screaming in our players faces as they walked off the court to the locker room. I wish that Temple had a student section with as much enthusiasm, who brought as much excitement to the event as Grace's student section does.

Congratulations to the Eagles on an excellent win! You guys earned it. You played an almost perfect game and that was what it took to to beat the Crusaders.

Temple played well also but I am not sure that they played nearly as perfect as Grace. John Mattheis had a good game plan against Temple, I guess. James Kemp was limited to one three all game long and very few attempts. Jeremy Sexton had zero threes. It is unusual for Kemp and Sexton to not have two or more. What a great battle with just over a minute in the game and down ten to make it a one bucket game at the end. Good job to the players off the bench who contributed significant minutes and also kept Temple in the game while Sexton sat because of foul trouble.

It was absolutely the best game of the season and a great one to end the regular season on (Grace still has a couple more). Bring on District!

I thoroughly appreciated and enjoyed the enthusiasm and excitement of Grace's student section! And as much as I hate to criticize, those guys really need to learn some class. The fans were great and the players were great but as for the student section, it really is uncalled for to hold up the newspapers and "boo" our players when they are being announced. I know some may think it is funny but I do not. It shows a lack of sportsmanship. The only other thing I would mention that I found disturbing was the student section screaming in our players faces as they walked off the court to the locker room. I wish that Temple had a student section with as much enthusiasm, who brought as much excitement to the event as Grace's student section does.

I agree with you that Grace had a good game plan, defensively anyway. It looked like Church was told to not allow Kemp to get the ball, and he did a good job of that. IMO, for Temple to beat good teams Kemp has to be active on offense, but he was really limited last night.

About Grace's student section, that's just what kids do. Unlike years past, I thought they were pretty well behaved last night. I agree with you that it's a shame Temple's student body isn't as enthusiastic. Having a crowd like that would be a big boost. As for the kids screaming in the faces of Temple's players as they left the court...Can you think of a better motivator for Temple for the rematch?

One last thought...If I was picking a basketball team I would pick kids from the band before I would pick Grace's 24 (the boy with the mohawk and star on his head.) He hurts Grace more than he helps them, which is a shame because he has incredible talent. He could have had 10 assists last night, but kept insisting on throwing up bad shots. What a waste of ability.

I agree with you that Grace had a good game plan, defensively anyway. It looked like Church was told to not allow Kemp to get the ball, and he did a good job of that. IMO, for Temple to beat good teams Kemp has to be active on offense, but he was really limited last night.

About Grace's student section, that's just what kids do. Unlike years past, I thought they were pretty well behaved last night. I agree with you that it's a shame Temple's student body isn't as enthusiastic. Having a crowd like that would be a big boost. As for the kids screaming in the faces of Temple's players as they left the court...Can you think of a better motivator for Temple for the rematch?

One last thought...If I was picking a basketball team I would pick kids from the band before I would pick Grace's 24 (the boy with the mohawk and star on his head.) He hurts Grace more than he helps them, which is a shame because he has incredible talent. He could have had 10 assists last night, but kept insisting on throwing up bad shots. What a waste of ability.

Wasn't at the game. Who is #24? Must be a new player since daddoffour doesn't know his name.

Wasn't at the game. Who is #24? Must be a new player since daddoffour doesn't know his name.

24 is Grace's best player. You'll have to figure it out.

The only new player I saw was Grace's freshman who had 2 big steals that led to a layup and dunk. That kid's gonna be a stud. He should go ahead and transfer to a school that will make the most of his talent.

I should have said 24 was the most talented player. Shaughnessy is their best player, IMO.

Nothing is wrong with the mohawk and star, but if I was Grace's coach, I would tell 24 to spend less time in the beauty shop and more time learning to pass and play defense.

Thanks for the clarification. Not a bad point.