Lake Co and Union City

Rebel1982

To be honest in this UC-LC series he's only done it once..If you can even say he did it then...Lake County has much more talent than the Tornadoes do this season and UC played them into OT before losing by 3 points....Who actually out-coached who??..You know??...

The only other time LC beat UC before their first meeting this year was when UC had FOUR starters suspended for that game....Sisco had UC leading LC late in the third quarter before UC just ran out of gas with virtually a JV squad playing against the Falcons...Again...Who actually out-coached who in that one??....

LC will be favored in this game....They have the talent...I think the Falcons will win about like they did in the first game although I don't think it will go into OT this time...If the game is a close one in Tiptonville with the talent difference who actually out-coaches who??....

Man OH Man.....talking about using your words carefully. P&G has a mellow side....I'm impressed.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually call it the way I think and right now I heard on the radio that Lake Co was #2 in the State..I had them dropping to maybe #5 and quite possibly lower than that..I'm hoping for a Lake Co win but at the moment wouldn't be surprised to see Union City come in and leave with about a 5 poit win..I think Union City may be playing better ball..Lake Co played Dresden last night and I couldn't even post because it was so ugly..Lake Co missed about 10 layups..Leron Garrett missed 4 layups in a row..He did do better later and made about 2 in a row to a standing ovation..Lake Co had a 5'8 player on the #4 for Dresden who looks to be about 6'4 instead of Russel Avery and he was scoring at will..Lake Co went up by about 10 points in the 4th quarter and got to within 3 points..For some reason ,Patrick Robertson din't play uch of the 3rd quarter and none in the 4th..I kept waiting for Coach Whitby to put Patrick in..if for nothing else to play defense and help rebound.. In my opinion,the worst game of the year along with the first game against Halls..Terrible defense..Dresden had a guy under the basket against the Lake Co press..not much of a press..everyone was loafing except for Carlos...and for some reason lLake Co kept leaving a Dresden wide open for a layup under the basket..You would think someone would eventually get within arms length instead of 20 feet away..I really have no idea how Lake Co won last night..!

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Words don't do our situation justice and in the immortal words of Forrest Gump "That's all I have to say about that".

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Words don't do our situation justice and in the immortal words of Forrest Gump "That's all I have to say about that".

I'm with you.."That's all I have to say about that."

Well I'll say it...I think Whitby has gone off his rocker...after reading through this all season long and seeing them play the other night and witnessing one of the most blatant examples of misuse of a player in Avery...I have just come to that conclusion. Maybe I'm wrong. Don't care if he has won 800 games...what I saw had me scratching me head.....best of luck the rest of the season.

To be honest in this UC-LC series he's only done it once..If you can even say he did it then...Lake County has much more talent than the Tornadoes do this season and UC played them into OT before losing by 3 points....Who actually out-coached who??..You know??...

The only other time LC beat UC before their first meeting this year was when UC had FOUR starters suspended for that game....Sisco had UC leading LC late in the third quarter before UC just ran out of gas with virtually a JV squad playing against the Falcons...Again...Who actually out-coached who in that one??....

LC will be favored in this game....They have the talent...I think the Falcons will win about like they did in the first game although I don't think it will go into OT this time...If the game is a close one in Tiptonville with the talent difference who actually out-coaches who??....

They are both good coaches but i believe i give Sisco a liitle edge! This my opinion i think Whitby has lost just a little since leaving OC!!

I usually call it the way I think and right now I heard on the radio that Lake Co was #2 in the State..I had them dropping to maybe #5 and quite possibly lower than that..I'm hoping for a Lake Co win but at the moment wouldn't be surprised to see Union City come in and leave with about a 5 poit win..I think Union City may be playing better ball..Lake Co played Dresden last night and I couldn't even post because it was so ugly..Lake Co missed about 10 layups..Leron Garrett missed 4 layups in a row..He did do better later and made about 2 in a row to a standing ovation..Lake Co had a 5'8 player on the #4 for Dresden who looks to be about 6'4 instead of Russel Avery and he was scoring at will..Lake Co went up by about 10 points in the 4th quarter and got to within 3 points..For some reason ,Patrick Robertson din't play uch of the 3rd quarter and none in the 4th..I kept waiting for Coach Whitby to put Patrick in..if for nothing else to play defense and help rebound.. In my opinion,the worst game of the year along with the first game against Halls..Terrible defense..Dresden had a guy under the basket against the Lake Co press..not much of a press..everyone was loafing except for Carlos...and for some reason lLake Co kept leaving a Dresden wide open for a layup under the basket..You would think someone would eventually get within arms length instead of 20 feet away..I really have no idea how Lake Co won last night..!

What was the final score of the Dresden & LC game?

Well I'll say it...I think Whitby has gone off his rocker...after reading through this all season long and seeing them play the other night and witnessing one of the most blatant examples of misuse of a player in Avery...I have just come to that conclusion. Maybe I'm wrong. Don't care if he has won 800 games...what I saw had me scratching me head.....best of luck the rest of the season.

You came to this conclusion after watching one game? I don't agree with everything Coach Whitby does but I will show him respect. This was one of the most disrespectful post I have ever read from someone who knows nothing about Lake County basketball. Winning 800+ games is not an easy task for any coach. So stick to Dyer County basketball and be vocal about that.

Lake County 67-61...not positive about that score.

That was the final....

The UC radio station had technical difficulties and were only doing updates at 4 min. intervals during the OC-Crockett County game..Every one I heard LC was leading....The announcer said two or three times UC had cut the LC lead down to 4 points but never got over the hump.....I'm sure bigster and speller will be able to give a more detailed recap....

Congrats to the Falcons for securing the #2 seed...I predicted at the start of the season it would be Humboldt, Lake County, Union City (Going 14-4 BTW) and Peabody.....

Looks to be an exciting district tournament as always....

Lake County 67-61...not positive about that score.

Lake Co scored the first four points and I don't believe Union City ever had the lead..Lake Co went on to lead at the half by 13 points..I believe Union City got to within 6 points in the 3rd quarter but Lake Co answered and went up by 10 points again..For some reason,Lake Co has trouble putting Union City away...I believe Lake Co had a 10 point lead with about 2 and a half minutes to play..had a break away layup and scored but was called for a charge and wiped off the basket..Union City came down and scored and Lake Co was taking the ball out of bounds and was called for a push off while inbounding the ball..Lake Co would get the ball again with about a minute left and was driving to the basket but decided not to shoot and passed the ball out to take time off the clock but the passer was called for a charge..I believe all the charges came from running into Simpson,who seems to get those calls all the time..The same official made about 4 charging calls in a row..Lake Co also missed a ton of free throws that probably should have made this a double digit win..!Now comes the time for all the teams to turn it up a notch or go home!

Lake Co scored the first four points and I don't believe Union City ever had the lead..Lake Co went on to lead at the half by 13 points..I believe Union City got to within 6 points in the 3rd quarter but Lake Co answered and went up by 10 points again..For some reason,Lake Co has trouble putting Union City away...I believe Lake Co had a 10 point lead with about 2 and a half minutes to play..had a break away layup and scored but was called for a charge and wiped off the basket..Union City came down and scored and Lake Co was taking the ball out of bounds and was called for a push off while inbounding the ball..Lake Co would get the ball again with about a minute left and was driving to the basket but decided not to shoot and passed the ball out to take time off the clock but the passer was called for a charge..I believe all the charges came from running into Simpson,who seems to get those calls all the time..The same official made about 4 charging calls in a row..Lake Co also missed a ton of free throws that probably should have made this a double digit win..!Now comes the time for all the teams to turn it up a notch or go home!

Good players get in position to take those charges....How many times has Lake County's players and coach seen Ryne Simpson over the last four years??....Looks to me someone (Maybe the head coach??) would give the players a heads-up to keep an eye on Simpson and be aware of where he is on the court....