Best fields/facilities?

Irish423

Lips are too high though.

That reminds me of last year's Spring Fling - prior to a game starting at Riverdale one of the players looked at me and said "I can't play on this field!" and I asked why? And he said "I have never played on a field that didn't have a lip on it before!" Too Funny! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the best thing about farragut's field are the dugouts. They are pretty big league. Also, The wall in the outfield is pretty great-a lot better than the fences at some other ball parks. They have nice hitting facilities as well. Never been in the locker room but I'm sure they are wonderful as well. Also, they have a lot of seating on that big hill they have. I have gone to watch ball games there since I was about 3.

Catholic's field i would have to say that the closed in batting cages are a nice new feature and it gives us the chance to practice during rain/snow/night. Also the green monster wall and new concessions stand/locker room. Everything has really grown since i've been at Catholic. Before and after pictures really are quite dramatic. Biggest overall improvement of the field is probably the grass/infield dirt. They imported crimson stone i think its called? for the dirt. And Sullivan took a heavy emphasis on perfecting the grass.

Bearden has a pretty nice field too. My favorite feature about the field is the field itself. I have pitched off of the mound numerous times and every time it has been perfect. Kudos to them for keeping a great mound-something many fields can't. Dirt was a little rocky the last time i played on it (during the summer so that's probably why) Nice field though. Worst thing- visitors bullpen.

CAK has a pretty nice field. I like the big wall they have up and the new dugouts they built are very nice and roomy. Not a bad place to play or watch a game.

I hate webb's cutouts. I'm entitled to hate webb anyways.

West has a little work to do but I'm not complaining. A field is a field. I have gone to baseball games there since I was 3 as well. Used to be a little better though.

Alcoa has a pretty nice new field. They take pretty good care of it and what I think is the best part about it is how new it is. Its a very typical baseball park, but taken care of very well. No big lips or holes in the outfield. No distractions around it. just a nice place.

Thats about all I can do for today-just a review of some of the fields around knoxville-maybe you will agree/disagree. Sorry to stir things up to create the Farragut v. Catholic debate can't wait to play you guys. Have a lot of respect for you all. And about the JV thing- since i have played jv at catholic, we went 2-0 my first year, and then 1-1 last year. All of them were great games too. No outright wins. My first game against them was a 2-1 victory, which was one of the most exciting games of my high school career. Now i'm just rambling...

coach sullivan and coack buckner both wish they had the tradition and facilities that coach pharr has farragut has new wood walls up and down the 1st and 3rd base lines and the cages basically get re done every year and the locker room/ lounge area is 3 years old so its all basically as good as you can get it both fields are in top shape but coach sulivan wishes he had the tradition like coach pharr does thats why hes at his camps and they talk on a regular bases because he wants to learn from the best and until coach pharr desides to hang it up no one in east tenessee will have the facilities or tradition farragut high school has

• 2 weeks later...

First scrimmage of the season last night @ DB.

Let me tell you the field at J. Fred Johnson Stadium home of the Indians is now complete and looks fantastic. 2nd to none.

The dugouts are complete the new brick looks great. Bull Pens at both dugouts are flawless. If your team is not on the DB schedule please look at playing there this summer at one of their tournaments. you will not be disappointed.

DB fans this is something to be proud of. Come out and see the Tribe play this year.

And yes this is a High School only field.

I have to agree with that..Columbia has one of the best playing surfaces around but with no lights, tiny cleachers, and no press box/restrooms it can"t be one of the top fields in the state

It depends on the wording of the question. It is one of the best "fields" in the state. "Fields" implies that you are just talking about the playing surface and not many compare to Columbia.. If you are talking about the best outside the fence stuff then there isn't much there. They recently built a locker room and they do have two indoor cages but the previous poster was right about no bathroom and all that other stuff.

I have a question. If you have posted on this thread, how many fields do you think you have seen in your life? If it is less than 50, you don't really have much to go on. If all of you have seen a lot of fields, then I apologize.

Well i would say that the average person has probably seen about 15 fields because of district games and regional games and state and so on... I just wanted to know what everyone's favorite fields were through tennessee. I have seen nearly all of the fields in knoxville just from being raised in a baseball family and traveling often. But that's just me i guess.