Best fields/facilities?

Irish423

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lets see...

1. if you host a tournament that alot of people look forward to playing in each year, oh like the Sportsbelle, and people love playing on it then it is a big deal.

2. if the Kentucky Wildcats who are nationally ranked have contacted you to play on your field, its a pretty darn big deal.

3. even if i played baseball (which i dont), and i was on Farragut's JV, theyre JV team would whoop up on ur varsity, i hate to tell ya.

4. Farragut's varsity did scrimmage at catholic two years ago, and they killed you.

5. if the biggest crowd you have all year is for movie-night, then you are a AA football school (bad in itself) named catholic who has never been relevent in baseball, and who will never win anything except an occasional "big time" matchup with AC. congrats.

We are 6-1 against farragut jv in the past 3 years. that is jv vs. jv. Know your facts before you try to establish an argument which you do not understand. We have hosted sportsbelle. movie night is NOT our biggest crowd. farraguts varsity beat us yes but-thats what happens when a 630 person school faces a 1500 or so school. It happens.

We are 6-1 against farragut jv in the past 3 years. that is jv vs. jv. Know your facts before you try to establish an argument which you do not understand. We have hosted sportsbelle. movie night is NOT our biggest crowd. farraguts varsity beat us yes but-thats what happens when a 630 person school faces a 1500 or so school. It happens.

haha thats funny, because im a senior and i used to play for Farragut and when i was a freshman we went 1-1 with ur jv with our freshman team, and our jv went 2-0 against u and won the jv tournament. the next year our jv went 1-1 against u. idk about last year but those 2 years we went 4-2 against you. so unless you all went 4 and -1 against them last year, then you werent 6-1. haha nice try though.

What does this have to do with the topic about "Best Field". Start a new topic "How to be TOTALLY ANAL and bash as many baseball programs as you can."

What does your post have to do with the topic? Start a new topic "I like getting mad at people for being off topic, but while I am rambling on about them being off topic, I myself am off topic".... Also pretty sure I didn't bash anyone.. Everytime I post something someone claims it's bashing a team... I don't get it.Why is my post the one getting trashed? Irish dude is the one bragging that one jv team possibly beat another..

I think we should have a vote after the sportsbelle. Some people may be able to go to all the venues. So other than UT, they can pick Karns, Bearden, Farragut, or Catholic as their favorite and best looking field/facilities.

hey why dont you make a post about your team versus his.

ANYWAY what is the single most unique thing about all of your respective teams fields?

I think the best thing about farragut's field are the dugouts. They are pretty big league. Also, The wall in the outfield is pretty great-a lot better than the fences at some other ball parks. They have nice hitting facilities as well. Never been in the locker room but I'm sure they are wonderful as well. Also, they have a lot of seating on that big hill they have. I have gone to watch ball games there since I was about 3.

Catholic's field i would have to say that the closed in batting cages are a nice new feature and it gives us the chance to practice during rain/snow/night. Also the green monster wall and new concessions stand/locker room. Everything has really grown since i've been at Catholic. Before and after pictures really are quite dramatic. Biggest overall improvement of the field is probably the grass/infield dirt. They imported crimson stone i think its called? for the dirt. And Sullivan took a heavy emphasis on perfecting the grass.

Bearden has a pretty nice field too. My favorite feature about the field is the field itself. I have pitched off of the mound numerous times and every time it has been perfect. Kudos to them for keeping a great mound-something many fields can't. Dirt was a little rocky the last time i played on it (during the summer so that's probably why) Nice field though. Worst thing- visitors bullpen.

CAK has a pretty nice field. I like the big wall they have up and the new dugouts they built are very nice and roomy. Not a bad place to play or watch a game.

I hate webb's cutouts. I'm entitled to hate webb anyways.

West has a little work to do but I'm not complaining. A field is a field. I have gone to baseball games there since I was 3 as well. Used to be a little better though.

Alcoa has a pretty nice new field. They take pretty good care of it and what I think is the best part about it is how new it is. Its a very typical baseball park, but taken care of very well. No big lips or holes in the outfield. No distractions around it. just a nice place.

Thats about all I can do for today-just a review of some of the fields around knoxville-maybe you will agree/disagree. Sorry to stir things up to create the Farragut v. Catholic debate can't wait to play you guys. Have a lot of respect for you all. And about the JV thing- since i have played jv at catholic, we went 2-0 my first year, and then 1-1 last year. All of them were great games too. No outright wins. My first game against them was a 2-1 victory, which was one of the most exciting games of my high school career. Now i'm just rambling...

What does your post have to do with the topic? Start a new topic "I like getting mad at people for being off topic, but while I am rambling on about them being off topic, I myself am off topic".... Also pretty sure I didn't bash anyone.. Everytime I post something someone claims it's bashing a team... I don't get it.Why is my post the one getting trashed? Irish dude is the one bragging that one jv team possibly beat another..

I think we should have a vote after the sportsbelle. Some people may be able to go to all the venues. So other than UT, they can pick Karns, Bearden, Farragut, or Catholic as their favorite and best looking field/facilities.

I ment no disrespect to you. Just enjoy reading about the pride people take in their fields,not the bickering about who is the better team. That is determined at game time.

I think the best thing about farragut's field are the dugouts. They are pretty big league. Also, The wall in the outfield is pretty great-a lot better than the fences at some other ball parks. They have nice hitting facilities as well. Never been in the locker room but I'm sure they are wonderful as well. Also, they have a lot of seating on that big hill they have. I have gone to watch ball games there since I was about 3.

Catholic's field i would have to say that the closed in batting cages are a nice new feature and it gives us the chance to practice during rain/snow/night. Also the green monster wall and new concessions stand/locker room. Everything has really grown since i've been at Catholic. Before and after pictures really are quite dramatic. Biggest overall improvement of the field is probably the grass/infield dirt. They imported crimson stone i think its called? for the dirt. And Sullivan took a heavy emphasis on perfecting the grass.

Bearden has a pretty nice field too. My favorite feature about the field is the field itself. I have pitched off of the mound numerous times and every time it has been perfect. Kudos to them for keeping a great mound-something many fields can't. Dirt was a little rocky the last time i played on it (during the summer so that's probably why) Nice field though. Worst thing- visitors bullpen.

CAK has a pretty nice field. I like the big wall they have up and the new dugouts they built are very nice and roomy. Not a bad place to play or watch a game.

I hate webb's cutouts. I'm entitled to hate webb anyways.

West has a little work to do but I'm not complaining. A field is a field. I have gone to baseball games there since I was 3 as well. Used to be a little better though.

Alcoa has a pretty nice new field. They take pretty good care of it and what I think is the best part about it is how new it is. Its a very typical baseball park, but taken care of very well. No big lips or holes in the outfield. No distractions around it. just a nice place.

Thats about all I can do for today-just a review of some of the fields around knoxville-maybe you will agree/disagree. Sorry to stir things up to create the Farragut v. Catholic debate can't wait to play you guys. Have a lot of respect for you all. And about the JV thing- since i have played jv at catholic, we went 2-0 my first year, and then 1-1 last year. All of them were great games too. No outright wins. My first game against them was a 2-1 victory, which was one of the most exciting games of my high school career. Now i'm just rambling...

That's what I'm talkin bout. Nice post Irish

Catholic = Nice field, good playing surface, nice wall, and good bathrooms. not the best scoreboard..its to small.

Farragut = Great playing surface. nice wall and wind screen. big, open batting cages, "The Hill" that fans love to bring their blankets and chairs to lay or sit on.... Short fences and not the best lighting.

Overall = both very nice places to play.. i wouldnt doubt if they are the top 2 facilities in east tennessee

That's what I'm talkin bout. Nice post Irish

Thank you sir. But just to follow up on the alcoa field. Played there today, (somewhere around 15 innings, lost count) but the field started out pretty nice. The outfield was so wet... mother nature's fault. The field was very nice and new along with the batting cages and next door softball field. Pretty good place to play a ball game. Lips are too high though.