Best fields/facilities?

Irish423

BGA has college level facilities with their indoor facility and the best field in Middle Tennessee. Heck, their facility compares to MTSU's before MTSU built the new stadium. The field and indoor facility is probably nicer at BGA. All built by the Smith Family. Not to embarass my friends in East Tn, but Lookout Valley and Walker Valley dont compare. Ive been to both places last yr and they are nice and among the top 10 in Middle Tennessee but they dont compare to BGA.

Thats nice. Maybe we should divide this forum into a public/private facility forum. Lets see public means basically poor and has to raise money to have a nice faclity, private means basically rich with someone donating the money. Public means parents, players and coaches work to build the facility, private means we pay someone to do the work for us. A nice facility is in the eyes of the beholder. Someone who has to work for what they get appreciates it more. No one is embarrassed, we just earn our keep.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats nice. Maybe we should divide this forum into a public/private facility forum. Lets see public means basically poor and has to raise money to have a nice faclity, private means basically rich with someone donating the money. Public means parents, players and coaches work to build the facility, private means we pay someone to do the work for us. A nice facility is in the eyes of the beholder. Someone who has to work for what they get appreciates it more. No one is embarrassed, we just earn our keep.

that's right /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with appreciating what we have, and i didn't mean for this to turn into a flaunting thing.

I will however respond in saying that we have a very limited budget for baseball. We don't have any of the big time donors-if you are looking for those, they are at the football field above. The wall? we built it. The clubhouse? We built some of it (its hard to do plumbing/electricity in high school haha) and we built the batting cage and covered it. We never for a day take it for granted because we can always remember carrying 16x16's on saturdays in january to build the wall. Our sources of income- small school budget/selling chicken biscuits at school/movie nights at baseball field.

(and i would like to point out farragut probably has equal or more funding than we have)

For you Farragut bunch that's pronounced "to-shay"

I'm not seeing what connection you're trying to make here. last time i checked Farragut had some of the highest test scores in the state... higher than ALOT of private schools... i digress..

Also, Farragut has little if any funding for baseball. All their money comes from fundraisers and a couple local business sponsors...

Somebody's unemployment check is late again!! Lighten up Dude.

I agree with appreciating what we have, and i didn't mean for this to turn into a flaunting thing.

I will however respond in saying that we have a very limited budget for baseball. We don't have any of the big time donors-if you are looking for those, they are at the football field above. The wall? we built it. The clubhouse? We built some of it (its hard to do plumbing/electricity in high school haha) and we built the batting cage and covered it. We never for a day take it for granted because we can always remember carrying 16x16's on saturdays in january to build the wall. Our sources of income- small school budget/selling chicken biscuits at school/movie nights at baseball field.

(and i would like to point out farragut probably has equal or more funding than we have)

Movie nights at the baseball feild? tell me a little more about that please

Movie nights at the baseball feild? tell me a little more about that please

haha well its pretty neat i guess

1.) rent a big blow-up movie screen/projector/speakers and set it up in the outfield

2.) advertise to the school and parents about the movie that you are going to be showing

3.) rope in an area you expect people to sit- they can bring chairs, blankets, anything to sit/lay on

4.) charge $3 to get in and have the concession stand open

Cleanup and set up is pretty easy, nothing to hard and you can make some decent money off of it i guess. nothing stellar but everyone has a good time and advertisement for the baseball team. I think at the last one we had around 150 people or so... we only do it once a year though

you have absolutely lost your mind!! Farragut has nicer EVERYTHING than catholic. why do u think catholic never hosts any tournaments?? cuz the field is crappy...the dirt is like a rock and its about 200 down the left field line. and the parking is awful, you get hit by foul balls all the time as its right next to the field. also, whens the last time catholic was even relevent?? ummm....never

Since when does hosting a tournament make your field such a big deal? Who cares. You think our parking is awful. Your parking situation is much worse than ours. I loved parking on the street. Where is your parking lot? Oh yeah, quarter of a mile from your field. You talked about our infield right, you must be on JV, beacuse varsity has'nt played on our field in a while. Oh, by the way, who won that game? Irish did. If you think our field is "crappy", you have lost your mind. I wish you all the luch in making varsity this year.