Best fields/facilities?

Irish423

There is no school in Tennessee that compare to the field that Oakland has, as they have a coach that stays on the field 24/7 to make sure it is ready and clean. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Oakland has a nicer field than a lot of colleges. But, all of the Murfreesboro fields are great. Probably the best quality of fields in a single city. Even MTCS's field looks pretty good!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland has a nicer field than a lot of colleges. But, all of the Murfreesboro fields are great. Probably the best quality of fields in a single city. Even MTCS's field looks pretty good!

usually i would agree with you, but this year oakland's field looked pretty bad. the infield was decent, but the outfield looked much worse than normal. i think including the overall playing field, as well as the stands and concessions and the whole park in general, lebanon's field was the best in that district this year. they improved the playing surface a lot to where it could probably beat most of the fields in the state. the park was already one of the nicest.

I think CAK has a great field, you can see from anywhere you sit....

Rockwood does too

My boys like Catholics out field because you can lay on it and you sink in..

I think their fans/parents/students are absolutely horrible..every year we go there somebody has something smart to say...last year game was stopped due to vulgar comments almost cost them the game. Kinda funny because they are still nasty even if they are winning...I would rather loose every single game and be respected than have a rep like they do

you all are talking alot about the AAA teams having great fields give some credit to the AA teams as well. yes catholic does have a nice field but not a Great atmosphere they have done alot of work up there and it looks nice. Seymour has got a great field/program they do alot of fundraising and have turned that field completely around. they go new dugouts, new wall, and a great playing srface and atmosphere. Tho they dont have room to have a nice indoor facility they use what they got. there are nice AAA fields tho like farrugut, etc. but what do yall think about the AA fields???

s-time

you all are talking alot about the AAA teams having great fields give some credit to the AA teams as well. yes catholic does have a nice field but not a Great atmosphere they have done alot of work up there and it looks nice. Seymour has got a great field/program they do alot of fundraising and have turned that field completely around. they go new dugouts, new wall, and a great playing srface and atmosphere. Tho they dont have room to have a nice indoor facility they use what they got. there are nice AAA fields tho like farrugut, etc. but what do yall think about the AA fields???

s-time

Pigeon Forge and Gibbs (especially when they get the "TAJ MAHAL" finished) are two of the nicest around including Catholic. Seymour is nice but it is not as nice as the ones mentioned above. CAK is OK nothing great there are several much nicer. AC's playing surface is pretty good but has started to go down hill a little since Downs took over. Farragut is definitely the nicest surface and a great place to watch a game.

Pigeon Forge and Gibbs (especially when they get the "TAJ MAHAL" finished) are two of the nicest around including Catholic. Seymour is nice but it is not as nice as the ones mentioned above. CAK is OK nothing great there are several much nicer. AC's playing surface is pretty good but has started to go down hill a little since Downs took over. Farragut is definitely the nicest surface and a great place to watch a game.

I would normally agree on the Farragut surface you mention above, but this year, for what ever reason, the Farragut infield is a little rough. I think Catholic and Bearden have nicer surfaces this year

I would normally agree on the Farragut surface you mention above, but this year, for what ever reason, the Farragut infield is a little rough. I think Catholic and Bearden have nicer surfaces this year

I agree, drove past farragut the other day and the infield was patchy? It wasn't even 50% green. Farragut traditionally has the best ballpark though and is an enjoyable place to watch a game. Catholic and Bearden have one-upped them this year on the surface though i hate to say. Catholic doesnt have the great "baseball environment" as some say, but the green grass and wall do it for me. On the other hand, Anderson county's field has gone down hill drastically-long grass and hard dirt? also heard their mower was broken and had to use parents mowers? could be wrong but would make a little sense. and Gibbs has a great new "stadium" which really is going to look great-they have made big improvements since my nephew played travel ball out there a year ago. And CAK? are you kidding me? dirt cutouts? of course you can see from any seat at the field because they offer 3 convenient 15 foot bleacher sections. What fields can you not see everything from?