Upperman @ Livingston Academy - 2/13/09

one2watch

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to wait until B-Gum the Greek lays down the official spread on this game before I make a prediction. I will make these predictions--largest crowd ever for a regular season game at LA and LA will be better prepared and play a totally different game than last time!

NO MERCY! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

..... I will make these predictions--largest crowd ever for a regular season game at LA and LA will be better prepared and play a totally different game than last time!

NO MERCY! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The 'Cats will have to play a totally different game than last time. Upperman is a very good team. They'll be hard to beat, even on LA's floor. Do you really think there will be a big crowd?? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I am going to wait until B-Gum the Greek lays down the official spread on this game before I make a prediction. I will make these predictions--largest crowd ever for a regular season game at LA and LA will be better prepared and play a totally different game than last time!

My prediction on this game may surprise some, but let me first give my reasons: At Upperman, LA played about as badly as they could play. It appeared a lid was on the rim. Turnovers and a somewhat passive defense also contributed to the loss. All three of these things are uncharacteristic for the Cats. LA never made a real strong run during the 2nd half. I'm not taking away from what Upperman did, they totally took it to the Cats. But, I can't imagine LA playing that badly tomorrow night. At Upperman, LA had a lot of good looks that just didn't fall. With LA destroying Cannon Co. and Upperman struggling a bit against Macon Co., LA has to have the edge here especially playing at home. My prediction:

Liv.Aca. 78

Upperman 61

No Mercy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My prediction on this game may surprise some, but let me first give my reasons: At Upperman, LA played about as badly as they could play. It appeared a lid was on the rim. Turnovers and a somewhat passive defense also contributed to the loss. All three of these things are uncharacteristic for the Cats. LA never made a real strong run during the 2nd half. I'm not taking away from what Upperman did, they totally took it to the Cats. But, I can't imagine LA playing that badly tomorrow night. At Upperman, LA had a lot of good looks that just didn't fall. With LA destroying Cannon Co. and Upperman struggling a bit against Macon Co., LA has to have the edge here especially playing at home. My prediction:

Liv.Aca. 78

Upperman 61

No Mercy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Losing on the road by 12 and you say winning by 17 on LA's floor...that's a 29 point turn around. Are we that much better than them??? If I was your (WP) then I would have a good seat to watch the game.

Liv.Aca. 78

Upperman 61

I wouldn't want to make a prediction on the score but I will say this. It was no fluke that the game at Upperman played out like it did. Upperman has a very underated team. This was the first time LA has faced this group of kids with everyone healthy. There's a reason LA played the way did - Upperman. If the referees call a solid game at LA I believe Upperman will win again. At Upperman I have never seen so many flop attempts by one team ever - Offensively and Defensivly. Dunn dove backwards after missed shot attempts several times and there was not a player within 2 of feet of him. When he makes it inside he does not try to draw a foul but dives directly into the somach / chest of the defender. Several LA players tried to and some did draw charges with almost no contact. Good acting job but just seems like a weak way to play the game. But hey, If you can fool the referees and get away with it / that's part of it. If both teams play thier best I don't believe LA can line up with the size / speed that Upperman has. It will be a great game to watch either way.