14 A District Tournament Schedule

TAllen

So the game in Tiptonville was a fluke?...Lol Bigster maybe something is wrong with you...All you LC fans were talking about how good Humboldt was after they destroyed you in Tiptonville, now when LC loses to Humboldt by 8, making it their third loss this year to the Vikings, you want to make them the upset special if they meet again?? Oh this is great...I understand that it is difficult to beat a good team 4 times in a season and that's probably the only argument you have...Yes, LC's guards are quicker as a unit (although Joseph Gordon is the quickest player in the district) but Humboldt just has too much size, talent, and depth (and we aint slow either)...When they come to play ball, they destroy teams (even the good ones)...When they don't, the game is a little closer...But, looks to me like Humboldt is still undefeated, despite playing poorly twice this year against the #6 team in the state...

Bigster, I respect your opinion but I just don't see LC getting any closer...

Lake Co took it to Humboldt this game..Last game at tiptonville..Lake Co drove in and saw the taller players and came back out with it..Last night Carlos and Rafael challenged the taller Humbodt players!If you think Humboldt is actually 15 points better than Lake Co..Please don't go too far away from your house the next few days because you should be getting a phone call...I'm sure Dr.Phil has an opening on his show ...Humboldt won..that's all I'll say..You know that shot at the half shouldn't have counted!Who knows what would have happened..Instead of Humboldt being up by 2 points ..should have been a tie game and Lake Co wouldn't have had to foul..The first game was really a 3 point game ,even though the record books show it as 5..In that game the Humboldt clock keeper stopped the clock with .6 seconds left and the officials were leaving the floor..No big deal ..Lake co lost..I've seen enough that I know Lake Co has enough speed to keep Humboldt from being able to get off a good shot..If Lake Co stops Taylor from driving and makes Humboldt shoot outside next game..Lake Co can beat them..We'll see hopefully..Two close losses and one game in which Lake Co couldn't do anything...Lake Co looked very quick last night and missed a couple fast break opportunities and free throws at the end of the game..Good luck to the Bolt..I want to see Humboldt 1 more time with the loser having to travel to Memphis !

And I never said they weren't good..Humboldt has an excellent team..Have the talent to win it all..But if Lake Co comes to play..Lake Co is capable of beating Humboldt !

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all..This game was a lot closer than the score..It was 64-62 with 27 seconds left in the game..I knew Lake Co was in trouble when I saw Fred,the black official and the short white official that I wrote about earlier...Fred called just about everything against Lake Co..Humboldt came over Lake Co's back several times with no calls..He called Lake Co for a walk and then the very next paly ..Hu,mboldt walked with no call..Called Russell avery for his fourh foul for touching a Humboldt player to keep from driving to the basket when #23 was holding our guards all night long..But the one play that I was really upset about was Lake Co had a 4 point lead and the ball..Humboltt stripped Patrick from the ball with 5 seconds left in the half..Got control of the ball..went the length of the floor and missed a layup and the clock was on zero..Humboldt got the ball..shot and the crowd was so loud..the officials didn't know..The white official called it good and Fred was grinning and went over to talk to the official..He knows it wasn't good..They should be ashamed for that call..Because ..With 27 seconds left to play,the score was 64-62..Take that play away and it's 62-62 and Lake Co wouldn't have had to foul like they did..As far as free throws..Lake Co missed about 5 in a row with under 2 minutes to play..Lake Co lost the game at the line..Still..everyone expected Lake Co to lay down..talk before the game was Lake Co needs to lose to make sure Humboldt and Union City is in the same bracket..If Lake Co plays as hard as they did tonight against the other teams..I believe they will face Humboldt in the region championship..I came away from the game tonight ..that if the officials had been from Memphis..the calls on our backs on rebounds and the tip in on the inbounds pass would have been called..Not taking anything from Humboldt..They have an excellent team..but 2 times this year..Lake Co has went toe to toe with them!I thought Crayton was the key to them winning tonight..Lake Co played hard..That's all we can ask for..Congrats to Humboldt and to Lake Co..Hope to see them for a 4th time !

I like reading your post, you are normally right on point. It was a close game, but you failed to mention tha HBT was up 9 with a little over 2min left. Also there were bad calls both ways, no way you can say LC was called for every foul they actually committed. I understand that every call will not be made. I dont care if HBT is 15pts better than LC all I need them to be is 1pt better. That type of stuff doesnt matter(what matters is getting the Win)

It's been that way all year..At least last night ,Avery got some touches..Lake Co is actually in a better bracket..Now West Carrol and Union City is in there with Humboldt..Not putting Lake Co in the championship but if they play hard like last night,they should be there..Lake Co has done that all year..get a lead and then do all that dipsy do shots from their guards..Or Patrick shoots a 3 from half court..At least Coach Whitby did question a few calls last night..I saw him ask Fred at least 5 times about a call last night..Lake Co played hard but still lost..I'll just leave it at that..And I sure hope I see Fred at Huntingdon..!And hope Larry Gene is with him..

Easy bigster unless you are sure we won't be seeing those two again this year. I missed the game last night but I am pleasantly surprised that Russell got some touches in the first half at least. Maybe that will start a trend. I sure hope so.

I like reading your post, you are normally right on point. It was a close game, but you failed to mention tha HBT was up 9 with a little over 2min left. Also there were bad calls both ways, no way you can say LC never went over the back without a foul being called. I understand that every call will not be made. I dont care if HBT is 15pts better than LC all I need them to be is 1pt better. That type of stuff doesnt matter(what matters is getting the Win)

Hardly ever do I question calls..Walks are going to be called..But the taller Humboldt players were on Lake Co players backs several times..Quan was holding our guards to try to keep them from driving to the basket with no call...but yet Avery picks up his 4th foul with the same type of touch foul...Bad calls are going to be made..But for 3 officials to at least not get together and take those two points off at the half was terrible officiating..You're right..A 1 point win is all that matters..As far as being up by 9 points..I look at it in a different way..Lake co led the whole first half..I believe was tied or maybe Humboldt was up by 2 points at the end of the 3rd quarter..Humboldt did go on a run..a couple big 3 point shots from Crayton that were very big and some free throws..But Lake Co came back to within 2 points..Within 2 points with 27 seconds left ..And Lake Co missed about 4 free throws in tht last minute that hurt them..The only reason it ended up 8 points was Lake Co had to foul being down by 2 points with 27 seconds left and Humboldt having the ball..And Humboldt scoring their last two points with about 5 seconds left..At least that shot did beat the clock..The officials did get that oe right!

Hardly ever do I question calls..Walks are going to be called..But the taller Humboldt players were on Lake Co players backs several times..Quan was holding our guards to try to keep them from driving to the basket with no call...but yet Avery picks up his 4th foul with the same type of touch foul...Bad calls are going to be made..But for 3 officials to at least not get together and take those two points off at the half was terrible officiating..You're right..A 1 point win is all that matters..As far as being up by 9 points..I look at it in a different way..Lake co led the whole first half..I believe was tied or maybe Humboldt was up by 2 points at the end of the 3rd quarter..Humboldt did go on a run..a couple big 3 point shots from Crayton that were very big and some free throws..But Lake Co came back to within 2 points..Within 2 points with 27 seconds left ..And Lake Co missed about 4 free throws in tht last minute that hurt them..The only reason it ended up 8 points was Lake Co had to foul being down by 2 points with 27 seconds left and Humboldt having the ball..And Humboldt scoring their last two points with about 5 seconds left..At least that shot did beat the clock..The officials did get that oe right!

Does anyone know who all made all district team?

I believe Humboldt fans know the shot at the half was after the clock was on zero..Does a horn not sound when the clock is at zero in high school ball..If it does..I sure didn't hear one but Humboldt was very loud and calling for the shot to be good..I think they swayed the official into that call and I believe Fred knew but didn't say anything because he was smiling the whole time and went over to talk to the other official....A couple times when Lake Co did get a couple calls ,it was the red haired official..when Fred was right beside the play and didn't call anything..All you can ask for is a fair shake..None of this is directed at Humboldt..They have an excellent team and is hard to beat anyway and have the team to go all the way..Maybe tomorrow I'll simmer down but Fred and Larry Gene also..if yall get on CoachT..Yall are terrible!Shouln't even be in a gym..Should be in an outhouse somewhere!

Hey bigster noone is even commenting on your assertion that the clock was on zero when that shot was made. Evidently you must be on point. I do think that Humboldt has the better team, of course that doesn't make me a rocket scientist, they have beat us 3 times, once convincingly. If we could just beat them at the right time for us those three losses won't mean a thing. In years past they were losing to us and they were going to state so maybe this year we can turn the tables and lose to them and we go to state..........yea that's the ticket.....heh heh heh...I see that developing right before our very eyes. Remember where you read that first.

All I'm going to say is Lake Co played Humboldt toe to toe ..2 out of 3 times..I'd say the other game was a fluke..Same as yall beati

All I'm going to say is Lake Co played Humboldt toe to toe ..2 out of 3 times..I'd say the other game was a fluke..Same as yall beating Milan about 3 times out of 4 real bad..Or was that last game..the real Milan team..!If you think Humboldt is 15 points better..something is wrong with you..Yall have a great team..just not a great shooting team..Charles Taylor didn't look good shooting outside..Crayton looked very good..Not sure he doens't take a little skip step when he shoots outside sometimes though..I'll make sure I mention it to the Memphis officials before we play....if we play..As for cheated..I've seen Fred do Lake Co games several times this year and I have yet to see him give Lake Co any calls hardly at all..At least 3 times out of 10..give us a call..That's why I wrote a couple weeks ago about Fred..The Bradford girls game was so one sided ..I just knew he must have been from Gibson Co or had ties there..I wrote about him even before I knew we were going to play Humboldt..Yall know that shot at the half was after the the clock was on zero..Fred knows it was..The right thing for him to have done was to go to the other official and wave it off instead of smiling and then going over to him and probably saying..I think that shot was late but counting it anyway..!Lake co can play with Humboldt..The Lake Co guards are quicker and tonight..just like the first game..the smaller guards took it to the basket ..unlike the second time we played and they didn't shoot the layups..Trenton did the same thing..They were scared to shoot inside against Humboldt..Lake Co took it to them tonight..A shame Fred had to have some impact on the outcome!

I try to be realistic and I understand that if HBT plays that way again, it could be over! But lets be honest, even Legend said this. HBT had about 25 to's (most unforced) missed about 15-20 ft's (I think LC missed 2 ft's all night) and still won. I think LC played about as well as they could play. Not taking anything from them, but if LC played that well and HBT played that poorly and still won...

Easy bigster unless you are sure we won't be seeing those two again this year. I missed the game last night but I am pleasantly surprised that Russell got some touches in the first half at least. Maybe that will start a trend. I sure hope so.

We won't see them anymore this year..In the region ,the officials will come out of Memphis..Then in the State..if we were lucky enough to get there..doubt we would have a West Tenn official..plus I believe they're voted on..Suppose to be some of the best..not the worst..So that definitely leaves them out..So..since we won't see them again until next year and theyseem to be biased toward Lake Co..I would like to at least tell them how terrible they are !

I try to be realistic and I understand that if HBT plays that way again, it could be over! But lets be honest, even Legend said this. HBT had about 25 to's (most unforced) missed about 15-20 ft's (I think LC missed 2 ft's all night) and still won. I think LC played about as well as they could play. Not taking anything from them, but if LC played that well and HBT played that poorly and still won...

We missed 4 free throws in the last 2 minutes alone..Rafael missed..Carlos missed ..Russel missed and Dominic missed...But..I didn't even get into that..Yall say Humboldt missed 25 free throws..You say Lake Co only missed 2 all night..The officiating must have been even worse than I imagined

And it's always ..Lake Co played as well as they can play..And Humboldt always played bad..That's so funny !

Hey bigster noone is even commenting on your assertion that the clock was on zero when that shot was made. Evidently you must be on point. I do think that Humboldt has the better team, of course that doesn't make me a rocket scientist, they have beat us 3 times, once convincingly. If we could just beat them at the right time for us those three losses won't mean a thing. In years past they were losing to us and they were going to state so maybe this year we can turn the tables and lose to them and we go to state..........yea that's the ticket.....heh heh heh...I see that developing right before our very eyes. Remember where you read that first.

I noticed that also..No one posted about it last night or this morning..They all know it shouldn't have counted..Not Humboldt's fault..The clock went to zero when the first guy shot and it was coming off..!I guess you're right..Humboldt must be the better team..great talent..officials on their side..what more can you ask for..Looks like a sure ticket for a State Championship.!

We won't see them anymore this year..In the region ,the officials will come out of Memphis..Then in the State..if we were lucky enough to get there..doubt we would have a West Tenn official..plus I believe they're voted on..Suppose to be some of the best..not the worst..So that definitely leaves them out..So..since we won't see them again until next year and theyseem to be biased toward Lake Co..I would like to at least tell them how terrible they are !

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, BIGSTER.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Guest snakedriver

Bad Refs, Bad Economy, Bad Gym, Bad Weather, Bad Breath.....................Humboldt's still 3-0 against LC this season. Maybe.....just maybe LC gets one more shot. Good Luck to both teams in the region tourney!