10 A District Tournament

SportsfanTN2010

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game -- congrats Lady Irish. Great team effort girls! Hope you feel better soon Chelsea; that was a hard fall you took -- hope it doesn't keep you sidelined too long. Caley -- great job on Hulan! Everyone else did a good job tonight too. Good luck Friday!

Any word on any other satellite games from tonight?

I was at the game -- congrats Lady Irish. Great team effort girls! Hope you feel better soon Chelsea; that was a hard fall you took -- hope it doesn't keep you sidelined too long. Caley -- great job on Hulan! Everyone else did a good job tonight too. Good luck Friday!

Any word on any other satellite games from tonight?

All the girls came together and played great. Baggett lead em just as she should, Tolley in on every play, Holland and Deason, defense defense defense all the way, Hope too that Spurgeon is ok, but a special thumbs up to the freshman, Nichols, who came in for her in and played a big game. WTG girls, everyone who played stepped up and did what they needed to.

from what i gathered everyone was picking NCS to beat Houston co. Houston County is hands down the best team between the two teams. NEWBLUE was all over the picks.. always picking NCS

What are some of the picks for the semi final games:

McEwen vs. Houston County That should be a close game.

East Robertson vs. White House Hertitage- I look for this one to be tight. I look for Hertitage to win by 5. I hope East wins!

from what i gathered everyone was picking NCS to beat Houston co. Houston County is hands down the best team between the two teams. NEWBLUE was all over the picks.. always picking NCS

What are some of the picks for the semi final games:

McEwen vs. Houston County That should be a close game.

East Robertson vs. White House Hertitage- I look for this one to be tight. I look for Hertitage to win by 5. I hope East wins!

Mcewen will beat HC by at least 15,it really doesn't matter because Forrest is 25 points better than Mcewen and MTCS is 15 better.

Mcewen will beat HC by at least 15,it really doesn't matter because Forrest is 25 points better than Mcewen and MTCS is 15 better.

Forrest is by far better than McEwen... but if McEwen takes one game at a time and wins the district they might get on a hot streak and close that 15 pt gap between them and MTCS and make it a real game... but after that they would probably have Wayne Co... but you never know...ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN... You never look ahead or else you could get left behind... sad but true...

Congradulations to Andrea Hobson for being nominated for the Tennessee class A Ms. Basketball award... Awsome to see someone from McEwen get some major recognition throughout the state... Congrats...

Mtownballer...where did you find out about the nominations?

Now looks like all roads to MTSU from district 10A lead through Houston Co. We now have the final 4.

McEwen

WHHeritage

East Robertson

Houston Co.

If you haven't checked out JIM314s bracketology link do it.....it is incredible. Look at the regional bracket too. Looks like a lot of hard work.

I have to say I was surprised about the Houston Co. game....didn't see that coming. HMMPH. Question is Can they pull off the upset over McEwen>>? I think not.....I would like to see it, depends on how the refs are over there at Houstons green gym. =)) and if the leprechauns are in a giving mood that day.

WHHeritage played its first tourney game last night against Clarksville Aca. winner, 65 - 36 I will give CA credit they did play well in the first half and they did improve over the year.

SO, Jo Byrns had their chances against East Robertson I hear, and should have won it ....sounded like a good game. Wish I could have been there.

INstead went to the Forrest VS Van Buren and MTCS VS Community games over at Eagleville in the 9A District Tournament that same night. Some very good basketball being played in 9A. But nothing that cant be stopped. Really. Forrest and MTCS won easily and VB and Community will be playing for 3rd place. I believe that the first place team out of 10A will be playing Van Buren in the first round of Regionals....Community split the season this yr in regular season with VB but with what I saw Monday night Community should win that game.

Back to the task at hand......Who wins the District Championship !!!!

East Robertson VS White House Heritage- I dont think this game will be close...WHHeritage is playing great basketball right now they have played a very competitive schedule and have no injuries to speak of, they will come out on a mission to win. Winner. WHH.

McEwen VS Houston Co.- Houston Co is riding out a little high after winning the first round over NCS but will be deflated after Friday night and will prolly be playing Forrest at the first round of regionals in Chapel Hill.

East will be playing MTCS in Murfreesboro at their new gym. Good luck.

Heritage will be playing the 4 th place team from 9A Van Buren at White House.

and Mcewen will be playing 3rd place Community at home.

Thats how I see it.

GO LADY PATRIOTS.

Mtownballer...where did you find out about the nominations?

Now looks like all roads to MTSU from district 10A lead through Houston Co. We now have the final 4.

McEwen

WHHeritage

East Robertson

Houston Co.

If you haven't checked out JIM314s bracketology link do it.....it is incredible. Look at the regional bracket too. Looks like a lot of hard work.

I have to say I was surprised about the Houston Co. game....didn't see that coming. HMMPH. Question is Can they pull off the upset over McEwen>>? I think not.....I would like to see it, depends on how the refs are over there at Houstons green gym. =)) and if the leprechauns are in a giving mood that day.

WHHeritage played its first tourney game last night against Clarksville Aca. winner, 65 - 36 I will give CA credit they did play well in the first half and they did improve over the year.

SO, Jo Byrns had their chances against East Robertson I hear, and should have won it ....sounded like a good game. Wish I could have been there.

INstead went to the Forrest VS Van Buren and MTCS VS Community games over at Eagleville in the 9A District Tournament that same night. Some very good basketball being played in 9A. But nothing that cant be stopped. Really. Forrest and MTCS won easily and VB and Community will be playing for 3rd place. I believe that the first place team out of 10A will be playing Van Buren in the first round of Regionals....Community split the season this yr in regular season with VB but with what I saw Monday night Community should win that game.

Back to the task at hand......Who wins the District Championship !!!!

East Robertson VS White House Heritage- I dont think this game will be close...WHHeritage is playing great basketball right now they have played a very competitive schedule and have no injuries to speak of, they will come out on a mission to win. Winner. WHH.

McEwen VS Houston Co.- Houston Co is riding out a little high after winning the first round over NCS but will be deflated after Friday night and will prolly be playing Forrest at the first round of regionals in Chapel Hill.

East will be playing MTCS in Murfreesboro at their new gym. Good luck.

Heritage will be playing the 4 th place team from 9A Van Buren at White House.

and Mcewen will be playing 3rd place Community at home.

Thats how I see it.

GO LADY PATRIOTS.

The nominations were on the frontpage of the Coacht website yesterday, as well as in the sports section of the Tennessean...

The championship game will be huge in the 10 girls district... winner will get a worst team in the first round of the region and will not have to face Forrest in an elimination game... MTCS is beatable... Forrest, I dunno... McEwen hasn't had much luck with either of the two the last two years... but this is a new year with one of the better girls teams in McEwen for a while... Good things could happen... Remember 1 game at a time...