South-Doyle

SouthKnoxPrince

I asked this question on the football board, but I thought I could ask it here as well. What is the problem with the high school athletic department at this school. I grew up in Dallas where high school sports are huge, and I moved here almost two years ago. I have attended several football, basketball, and baseball games. I really am surprised at the apathy the community and student body show for the sports teams. Granted, what is on the court right now is not good (6 combined wins between the girls and boys programs). Their basketball coach was a very successful coach in Georgia according to the Georgia high school website. I know their big kid got hurt, but they were struggling before he went out. What is the deal?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked this question on the football board, but I thought I could ask it here as well. What is the problem with the high school athletic department at this school. I grew up in Dallas where high school sports are huge, and I moved here almost two years ago. I have attended several football, basketball, and baseball games. I really am surprised at the apathy the community and student body show for the sports teams. Granted, what is on the court right now is not good (6 combined wins between the girls and boys programs). Their basketball coach was a very successful coach in Georgia according to the Georgia high school website. I know their big kid got hurt, but they were struggling before he went out. What is the deal?

I think its more of, "I'm to good to play for that lame team!" THat's the type of attitude they have that's flowing threw the SDHS building...

I think its more of, "I'm to good to play for that lame team!" THat's the type of attitude they have that's flowing threw the SDHS building...

Yeah i completely agree! its not that they dont have the athletes at that school its just they dont wanna play for south doyle. Theyre there no doubt theyre just not playing for the high school program.

Yeah i completely agree! its not that they dont have the athletes at that school its just they dont wanna play for south doyle. Theyre there no doubt theyre just not playing for the high school program.

What? if they don't play for South-Doyle, then who do they play for? my high school was very average in football and basketball, but all of us true athletes wanted to play. I don't understand. Can you explain?

I completely understand. There are so many kids that go to that school that are not from the community. There is no real sense of of pride there. When South-Young and Doyle were merged, things really changed for the worse. Those mergers in Knoxville were pretty good for some schools - very helpful for Fulton for example, but not good for South Knoxville.

I completely understand. There are so many kids that go to that school that are not from the community. There is no real sense of of pride there. When South-Young and Doyle were merged, things really changed for the worse. Those mergers in Knoxville were pretty good for some schools - very helpful for Fulton for example, but not good for South Knoxville.

Fulton was a bottom of the barrel program unitl Rule High closed. Fulton was actually pretty good back in the 60's.

Someone who would jump out the window for his or her players... You know a coach who's a knucklehead but basically the players worship and fully respect. You know what a players coach is.. I know you've played for a coach who was down to earth and knew what he or she was doing... You know a coach who knows how to pick you up when you down. I coach who would laugh with you when something is funny. Any person that's like this, the players would LOVE to play for..