10-A playoffs

SCRAPMAN

It sounds like it was an excellent game. This is exactly the way a tournament game is supposed to be. I do see some light for both of these teams with CA having a monkey off of their back and Houston County looking really good going into the district finals. It seems like our district may fair pretty well come region time.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like it was an excellent game. This is exactly the way a tournament game is supposed to be. I do see some light for both of these teams with CA having a monkey off of their back and Houston County looking really good going into the district finals. It seems like our district may fair pretty well come region time.

Melton, CA is an awesome ballteam, no doubt. They should go far into the rest of the season. HC is playing the best basketball they have played all year, as I said in an earlier post, they are hungry. I am hoping for that tourney championship win, but either way, they have made me proud.

Melton, CA is an awesome ballteam, no doubt. They should go far into the rest of the season. HC is playing the best basketball they have played all year, as I said in an earlier post, they are hungry. I am hoping for that tourney championship win, but either way, they have made me proud.

How did Spurgeon do overall in this game? I was wondering if conditioning would be a huge factor after coming back from such a long time off.

Great game. Thought I would make the travel from SC. HC outplayed CA in the first. Then CA came out in the third on fire. HC came out in the first half playin a diamond and one on one of the twins. They let CA shoot the three and they couldnt hit. I saw one of the best block I have ever seen tonight by ine of the Smiths on Skelton as it looked like he was going for a dunk. But back to the game CA was up by 6 with two minutes. Dillard hit a three. HC got it to one then got a steal and made two FTs to go up one. On the foul #5 from CA got his fifth and a tech. Cooksey made the two to go up one and Dillard hit one of two. On the inbounds HC got fouled and Cooksey made two FTs again. CA hits a three with seven seconds and calls timeout. They foul Cooksey with 4.2 seconds and he misses the front end of one and one. One of the Smiths gets rebound and shoots a 30 footer on the run and it hit the back of the rim. It looked in from where I was sitting too. All in all a very great game of basketball.

WELL, WELL, WELL. LOOK WHOSE PLAYING FOR THE TITLE TOMORROW NIGHT. NOT JUST THE BOYS (WHO YOU ALL PICKED TO COME IN 6TH OR 7TH, BUT THE GIRLS TOO! AND WHERE IS MIGHTY CA BOYS? PLAYING FOR THIRD. FUNNY HOW THING WORK OUT. I THINK WERE GOING TO SEE AN ALL WHH DIVISION BOYS AND GIRLS TITLE COME TO WHITE HOUSE. PETRONE HONED THOSE BOYS UP TO TWO GAMES BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS AND THEN LET THEM LOOSE ON THE BIG PRESS. AND THE WHOLE TEAM MANNED UP. GREAT GAMES. BOYS AND GIRLS. NOW BRING IT!

WELL, WELL, WELL. LOOK WHOSE PLAYING FOR THE TITLE TOMORROW NIGHT. NOT JUST THE BOYS (WHO YOU ALL PICKED TO COME IN 6TH OR 7TH, BUT THE GIRLS TOO! AND WHERE IS MIGHTY CA BOYS? PLAYING FOR THIRD. FUNNY HOW THING WORK OUT. I THINK WERE GOING TO SEE AN ALL WHH DIVISION BOYS AND GIRLS TITLE COME TO WHITE HOUSE. PETRONE HONED THOSE BOYS UP TO TWO GAMES BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS AND THEN LET THEM LOOSE ON THE BIG PRESS. AND THE WHOLE TEAM MANNED UP. GREAT GAMES. BOYS AND GIRLS. NOW BRING IT!

The CA - HC county game was a great game. CA had this game but poor free throw shooting by 45 which is his achllies heel 51 percent for the year. He went to the FT line more than other members of the team and it hurt the team. Poor judgement (understatement) by 5 cost them the game. HC played them right. 13 and 42 need to show up consistently. I am a CA fan and if they are to go far in the tourney they need to focus on the floor not whinning to the refs for calls (45) a very good player but he's building a reputation as a whinner refs remember that and won't take him seriously. Well, as for 5 that potty mouth cost the team, remember this is a team sport and his actions effect the team. A hard lesson but, learn from it, don't dwell on it move on. CA is going to be a great team and this loss and lesson is one to grow on.

We ( HC ) will " bring it", as to the girls game, I see McEwen by 15. Why mock CA? They are a great ballteam, no need to get ugly. We know yall are going to try and shut Dillard down. So did CA. Good luck to both teams.

I told you we would bring it. Great game both teams

Ummm Scrapman??? yall gonna have to settle for a all WHH 2ond this year.

True, getting Malcolm in foul trouble could help, he does tend to lose his cool, but then you have Martin, and the other CA boys hitting those 3's, CA is a very balanced team, but HC has really started playing team ball, offense and denfense.Skelton has been stepping up, getting more aggresive,Kizer, Corey Featherstone, Monore too. If we can shake lose and Dillard can play his usual great game, we may be able to do it. I know they aren't gonna lay down and give it to them. As I said before, HC is hungry. Should be a good game.

I TOLD yall HC was hungry!!! Congrats to the boys, job WELL DONE!!!! District 10A Champions!!!! it was an awesome moment when Spurgeon got that last rebound, the happiness in Dillards face, this, his senior year, to win the district tourney , it was a thrilling night.