District 1-AAA Tournament

tricitiessportsfan

D1-AAA/Big 9 Conference  

22 members have voted

1. 1. D1-AAA/Big 9 Conference

District 1-AAA Tournament to be held February 14-February 24 at Dobyns Bennett High School in Kingsport, TN.

Final Big 9 Conference Standings

#1 Tennessee High, 15-1

#2 Dobyns Bennett, 13-3

#3 Sullivan Central, 10-6

#4 Science Hill, 10-6

#5 Volunteer, 6-10

#6 David Crockett, 6-10

#7 Sullivan South, 5-11

#8 Sullivan East, 4-12

#9 Daniel Boone, 3-13

District 1-AAA Tournament Schedule

Saturday, February 14

Play-In Game

#9 Daniel Boone 46, #8 Sullivan East 36

Monday, February 16

Quarterfinals

#1 Tennessee High 58, #9 Daniel Boone 27

#4 Science Hill 67, #5 Volunteer 50

Tuesday, February 17

Quarterfinals

#7 Sullivan South 44, #2 Dobyns Bennett 39

#3 Sullivan Central 58, #6 David Crockett 42

Friday, February 20

Semi-Finals

6:00 pm, #1 Tennessee High vs. #4 Science Hill

7:30 pm, #3 Sullivan Central vs. #7 Sullivan South

Monday, February 23

Finals

6:00 pm, Consolation: TBD

7:30 pm, Championship: TBD

-----------------------------

Final Regular Season Standings

Team, Conference Record (Overall Record)

Tennessee High, 15-1 (24-2)

Dobyns Bennett, 13-3 (20-8)

Sullivan Central, 10-6 (21-8)

Science Hill, 10-6 (15-13)

Volunteer, 6-10 (12-17)

David Crockett, 6-10 (11-16)

Sullivan South, 5-11 (9-16)

Sullivan East, 4-12 (7-19)

Daniel Boone, 3-13 (6-23)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My predictions for the Big 9 have been pretty close all year. I did not buy in to Dobyns-Bennett winning the regular season title and they did not. I predict Tennessee High, Dobyns-Bennett, Sullivan Central, and Science Hill will make the Region and have had those four teams since early in the season. I never thought Crockett could crack the top four. Science Hill disappointed early, but is peaking now. Central scares me a little with their reliance on the outside shot. Volunteer is coming on strong down the stretch and will not be an easy out.

Never had that great amount of confidence in Tennessee High, but apparently Dobyns-Bennett can't handle them. I give the Lady Vikings credit in that other girls have stepped up, so that it isn't always a one-girl show. They should win the tournament.

Dobyns-Bennett will take second. They had the personnel to be dominant in this conference, but had too many let-downs.

Science Hill is improving every day, and could be peaking at the right time.

Sullivan Central is a dangerous team, and could beat anybody, but I'm afraid there is a difference between beating anybody and beating everybody, which is how you win a tournament.

Volunteer has picked it up at the end of the season, and could make a little noise, but not going to be top 4.

David Crockett has the best player in the conference, but as the season went on she got less and less help, and are having a dissappointing end to there season.

The other three are just trying to get one more win before it's over.

I'll be surprised though, if a District 1 team makes it out of the Region.

I look for Tn High, D-B, Science Hill, and Central to advance to the region. Volunteer has been a hot team lately and could give Science Hill trouble in the first round. I don't feel anyone from the lower half of the conference has a chance "on paper" but its tourney time and anything can happen on a given night...

Girls - D1/AAA

Score Update!

#9 Daniel Boone - 27

#1 Tennessee High - 58

Final.

Tennessee High held Daniel Boone scoreless in the third quarter, going on an 18-0 run, while outscoring the Lady 'Blazers 27-4 in the second half, securing an easy quarterfinal victory.

#5 Volunteer - 50

#4 Science Hill - 67

Final.

Girls - D1/AAA

Score Update!

#7 Sullivan South - 44

#2 Dobyns Bennett - 39

Final.

Quarter by Quarter

SS 13 10 6 15 - 44

DB 10 9 13 7 - 39

End of Quarter