DC MAKING IT TO STATE

coonhunter

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everybody on here that tries to bring DC down is only gonna make them want it more. People keep getting on here repeating themselves, It starts to sound like a broken record. DC's schedule wasn't the strongest ok? that still doesn't make what these guys have accomplished this season any less rewarding. DC plays monday night for the district championship and good luck to them. Good luck in region, possibly substate then possibly state tournament nothing is ever a given in game like basketball. Everybody that gets on here and keeps repeating what we DC fans have been hearing since November just go ahead and cut it out now. There's no sense of arguing about a match up from schools that we might see before too long. There's no better way to end an argument about different schools than just let them play and see what happends. Good luck Dyer County keep your eyes on the prize.

I think if DC and Covington were to play Covington would win by around 5-7 points.

The reason I think DC would come out of this one on top would be because McCord could force Covington into the Choctaws style of play....I don't think the Chargers are coached well enough to advance much further than the region semis...

I think everybody on here that tries to bring DC down is only gonna make them want it more. People keep getting on here repeating themselves, It starts to sound like a broken record. DC's schedule wasn't the strongest ok? that still doesn't make what these guys have accomplished this season any less rewarding. DC plays monday night for the district championship and good luck to them. Good luck in region, possibly substate then possibly state tournament nothing is ever a given in game like basketball. Everybody that gets on here and keeps repeating what we DC fans have been hearing since November just go ahead and cut it out now. There's no sense of arguing about a match up from schools that we might see before too long. There's no better way to end an argument about different schools than just let them play and see what happends. Good luck Dyer County keep your eyes on the prize.

Good post! And good luck toDC!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think if DC and Covington were to play Covington would win by around 5-7 points.

Kneel to the all mighty Basketball God. Shoukd we throw in the towel now or may we at least have the honor to play before you one more time? After all, we wouldn`t want you to not have anyone to bash now would we?

hehe1

BTW, what years did you play basketball, how many years did you start, and what position did you play?

I agree with purple 100%. The Chargers are going to try to keep the game at a medium pace so they can prevent alot of turnovers, therefore holding DC`s fastbreak points to a minimum. I have seen them only twice this year, but I think the DC frontcourt pressure along with trapping the ball will be to much for them. If DC can get 13-16 pts off turnovers, that shoulb be enough to give the tribe a 6-8 pt win. The Chargers do have some really good shooters. Of course this is a mute point as of now. It may never happen.

Kneel to the all mighty Basketball God. Shoukd we throw in the towel now or may we at least have the honor to play before you one more time? After all, we wouldn`t want you to not have anyone to bash now would we?

hehe1

BTW, what years did you play basketball, how many years did you start, and what position did you play?

I agree with purple 100%. The Chargers are going to try to keep the game at a medium pace so they can prevent alot of turnovers, therefore holding DC`s fastbreak points to a minimum. I have seen them only twice this year, but I think the DC frontcourt pressure along with trapping the ball will be to much for them. If DC can get 13-16 pts off turnovers, that shoulb be enough to give the tribe a 6-8 pt win. The Chargers do have some really good shooters. Of course this is a mute point as of now. It may never happen.

Had the chance to watch a little District 14AA action and I must say that I don't think DC will make it through and get to the 'boro'. I am not a DC hater, but I am just looking at the talent levels in 14AA. However, we all know that crazy things can happen. Look at the underdog Obion Co. beating DC, no one thought that would happen either!!

There are three keys to DC advancing to state. When DC plays a team for the first time their shock defense is very hard to prepare for. That is usually worth 10 points the first time. 2. their coaching is very good. Evidence of this is their team play in most games. C J had rather have assists than points which is what a class point guard will always take. 3 when the chips are down as in last years state tournament, CJ took the team on his back and scored around 30. His shot is not pretty but always take the money player over the one with the pretty shot.

There are three keys to DC advancing to state. When DC plays a team for the first time their shock defense is very hard to prepare for. That is usually worth 10 points the first time. 2. their coaching is very good. Evidence of this is their team play in most games. C J had rather have assists than points which is what a class point guard will always take. 3 when the chips are down as in last years state tournament, CJ took the team on his back and scored around 30. His shot is not pretty but always take the money player over the one with the pretty shot.

I agree with everything except the shock defense. DC will be very heavily scouted and this element will more than likely be eliminated.

Had the chance to watch a little District 14AA action and I must say that I don't think DC will make it through and get to the 'boro'. I am not a DC hater, but I am just looking at the talent levels in 14AA. However, we all know that crazy things can happen. Look at the underdog Obion Co. beating DC, no one thought that would happen either!!

That remains to be seen. DC hasn`t look good at several points in the season and I am sure not one to start polishing the gold ball just yet. As a tribe faithful, I can`t say that I totally agree with your post, but I will say they have their work cut out for them to get to the "boro".. About 70% of the season, they have played just good enough to win. It`s hard to say if they can continue that style of play or if that is as good as they are going to be. We will see !

As to my earlier post, it was just a jab at "The Great One From GC" and my opinion on a possible DC/Covington matchup.