Will Upperman Lady Bees Go All The Way?

Baller2221

As the looks of it now. I think the Upperman High School Lady Bees might come home with a state title this year. With Lashay Davis(previous miss basketball) and Jennifer Maynard among the other 3 starters Alyson Roberts,Karissa Dyer and Kayla Biles the outcome of this year is looking good for them. Getting the title of District Regular Season Champions in the bag im very excited to see them play in the district tournament,region, and state. I personally think that this year their team is the best it has ever been. They have a deep bench and alot of players to see great things from. You also have Chezney Hammock and Elizabeth Carter, who contribute a lot to the team. In my opinion this year is there year I definitely think they are going to bring home the state title and who knows maybe Coach Dana McWilliams will win something of her own too. But main topic.

A.)State Champion Material?

and

B.)Lashay Davis, two time Miss Basketball?

Sincerely,

Baller2221

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidently you havent seen Gibson County from West Tennessee...the #1 team in the state...Dont count your chickens before they hatch

No i havent seen gibson county, but with lashay davis and the rest of that team they are definitley going to be a team to watch out for. Just a for-warning these girls know how to play some ball. And be looking for them because they will be state champions. Gibson County may be good like i said i havent seen them play but i have seen upperman and they arent a team you want to mess with. They definitely know how to bring it on the court. Like i said definitely a team you wanna look out for.

Sincerely,

Baller2221

GC is #2...Marshall Co. is #1

Upperman state champs this year!!!! Everyone needs to go to Murfreesboro focused on Upperman and Marshall Co....

I do agree with you GCPioneer,marshall county is a good team too. And i think marshall county and upperman is a game you dont want to miss. And im sure both teams will come ready to play i just hope that game is the state championship.

GC is #2...Marshall Co. is #1

Upperman state champs this year!!!! Everyone needs to go to Murfreesboro focused on Upperman and Marshall Co....

Good try GC. Baller everyone knows who we are and no need for this topic since we haven't even played a region game yet. I believe i saw Gibson co and Westview represented at the Upperman vs Livingston Academy game friday. So lets take it one game at a time and maybe will see them before the years over.

Good luck to All !!!!!!!!!!!

Upperman needs to focus on winning district right now. They have beaten Livingston by just a few points each time that they have played, and it's really tough to beat a team like that 3 or 4 times straight in one season. And if they for some reason are unable to finish first in the district, that would put them having to play Station Camp in the second round of the region, then face Livingston for the championship. That's a lot tougher road then setting in the weaker bracket and letting Station Camp and Livingston fight it out, then pick off the survivor. And make no mistake, it is CRUCIAL that Upperman win the region. Cause if they don't, they will probably get to travel to McMinn Central for Sub-State. And while it may be possible for a visiting ladies team to win at Central, it's been 2 years since anyone has proven it. And let's not forget that if they win region, there will be a team coming up to play them in Sub-State. That team will probably be Polk Co. A team that will match up fairly well against Upperman. Upperman has the advantage, but I'd say it will be a good game. The key to that game is Polk's Post play.

The key here being, there are some objects laying in the road to the 'boro. Upperman just needs to take care of business.

Then, once/if they get there, there will be the matter of the blind draw. Upperman could be put in the same bracket as Marshall, and McMinn Central, these three are the contenders in my mind. Then, heaven help us, the Gibson team would have a shot at making it to the finals, and be impossible to live with, but that's another thread.

You must be mistaken, those guys don't even like to visit the upper cumberlands /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I know, I was worried about them. Maybe that fresh Upper Cumberland air helped instead of that HEAVY west wind. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I was impressed with those Lady Bees last season as Miss Davis was very deserving of Miss Basketball in 08".

Being from West TN, I'd like to see Upperman back in the big dance. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

this could be a case of "familiar faces' being back in AA this season with Upperman, Marshall Co. and Gibson Co.,

yes- the Lady Pioneers are for real, have an outstanding guard in Butler, a solid post in Griffin and a triple threat in Reedy who can hit the outside shot, post up and take you off the dribble. Oh yeah, can rebound as well..

Hopefully, no one will have any hiccups along the way as we always want to see the best of the best in the elite 8.