Second team 7A all district pick for Molly Heady?

rabbitranch

Just remember she has been consistantly great all year and so have the ladies she playes with. She has experienced true leadership and team play at its finest. Wouldn't you agree?

100% agree!

Molly Heady is a great kid. She is an amazing player with a great work ethic. I don't think she really worries about individual things. If so, she would have stayed @ Monterey where she was already over 1500pts & 500rbs as a sophomore. This thread was well meaning in giving her credit, but she probably wouldn't want all the fuss.

I agree with that also!

This thread makes me want to vomit! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" 7a is hands down the best a district in the state and look at this kind of talk makes me want to puke all over my computer. The talk on here cheapens the fine coaches and great players in 7a. I hope Coach T locks this thread. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

It would not of been discussed if it was not for her being at the bottom of Monterey's ballot. I guess it was for the principle of things. Makes me sick also!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% agree!

I agree with that also!

It would not of been discussed if it was not for her being at the bottom of Monterey's ballot. I guess it was for the principle of things. Makes me sick also!

At the end of the day everyone knows why and who was treated without respect. 7A has a host of wonderful young men and women who deserve to enjoy the game. It is just a sad day when an adult acts in a childish manner just so they can get revenge. Molly overcame this obstacle just like others she has faced. She plays for a great coach and has support from her teammates and friends.

He is not the only bitter coach in 7A, their votes speaks volumes.

You are correct about that I'm sure.

I think that if I was a coach and my talented player transferred that I would sincerely wish them the best at what they choose...................................and then go to my bedroom and cry like a hungry baby, but never acknowledge the hurt and/or bitterness.

I don't buy it. You'd outwardly cry like RBS did when Laken left. You'd moan and grown like Monterey did when Heady and Adkins left. You all have had so much transferring of great players from program to program up in that area that you just see it as acceptable actions. That's crap. Players should not transfer just to win. Play with the cards you're dealt. It shows far more integrity if you do. You're not going to be able to thrust yourself into a positive situation for the rest of your life. Sometimes, you're going to have to make lemonade when life gives you a lemon. And Monterey would have been pretty darn good this season if Heady and Adkins would have stayed. If Molly Heady took the proper steps, she would have gotten near the same amount of recruiting attention whether she was at Clarkrange or Monterey. If you can play, college coaches will find you. She's a very good player, but she's not going to be a post player at a major Division 1 basketball program due to her 5-11 or 6-0 height. The NAIAs, JUCOs and D-2 and D-3 will come calling. Best of luck to all.

At the end of the day everyone knows why and who was treated without respect. 7A has a host of wonderful young men and women who deserve to enjoy the game. It is just a sad day when an adult acts in a childish manner just so they can get revenge. Molly overcame this obstacle just like others she has faced. She plays for a great coach and has support from her teammates and friends.

But look at it from this perspective, how must it seem to Pickett County, Clay County, Red Boiling Springs and Monterey when they CONTINUALLY see players migrating into the Jackson County and Clarkrange programs. This is not a one-time thing, and as of late, it's not that they're just going from Cookeville or Jamestown into one of those Class A programs. They're going from one district school to another. It's ridiculous. You JC and CR supporters want to ignore it, because it gives you a chance to win the state every year. I'd be bitter too though if I were Monterey or RBS. Like you have all said, Molly Heady is going to get her awards, so why is it such a big deal that some bitter coach from another school votes her low on the all-district team. Maybe he's not voting for that program as much as he's not voting for that girl. Maybe it's the principle involved. If CR didn't have Heady, CR would still be good. However, CR would be much more beatable. If JC didn't have Laken, JC would be FAR more beatable. If Monterey had Heady and Adkins, Monterey would have had a real shot at second or third in that district this season. Instead, Monterey finishes last. I wouldn't vote for Heady either. If I were Larry White, I'd never vote for Laken. Everybody wants to talk about how "these young ladies don't deserve this from a bitter coach." Well, those young ladies are going to get their awards anyway. Those coaches' jobs are riding on how those players perform. Look at it from the other perspective. You don't think the guy at Monterey worked hard to get his program competitive and finally be able to compete with JC and CR. He could have done that this season and next season. I'm not saying he would have beaten them, but he would have finally at least competed with them. That's gone now though. What if he loses his coaching job because of how poorly that program has performed. What about the supporting players at Monterey who had worked hard and felt like they would win a lot of games this season and next. How are those fine, hard-working young ladies affected. It affects more than just the young ladies who transferred.

But look at it from this perspective, how must it seem to Pickett County, Clay County, Red Boiling Springs and Monterey when they CONTINUALLY see players migrating into the Jackson County and Clarkrange programs. This is not a one-time thing, and as of late, it's not that they're just going from Cookeville or Jamestown into one of those Class A programs. They're going from one district school to another. It's ridiculous. You JC and CR supporters want to ignore it, because it gives you a chance to win the state every year. I'd be bitter too though if I were Monterey or RBS. Like you have all said, Molly Heady is going to get her awards, so why is it such a big deal that some bitter coach from another school votes her low on the all-district team. Maybe he's not voting for that program as much as he's not voting for that girl. Maybe it's the principle involved. If CR didn't have Heady, CR would still be good. However, CR would be much more beatable. If JC didn't have Laken, JC would be FAR more beatable. If Monterey had Heady and Adkins, Monterey would have had a real shot at second or third in that district this season. Instead, Monterey finishes last. I wouldn't vote for Heady either. If I were Larry White, I'd never vote for Laken. Everybody wants to talk about how "these young ladies don't deserve this from a bitter coach." Well, those young ladies are going to get their awards anyway. Those coaches' jobs are riding on how those players perform. Look at it from the other perspective. You don't think the guy at Monterey worked hard to get his program competitive and finally be able to compete with JC and CR. He could have done that this season and next season. I'm not saying he would have beaten them, but he would have finally at least competed with them. That's gone now though. What if he loses his coaching job because of how poorly that program has performed. What about the supporting players at Monterey who had worked hard and felt like they would win a lot of games this season and next. How are those fine, hard-working young ladies affected. It affects more than just the young ladies who transferred.

All I will say to this post is how many of the starters on Monterey's team actually started in Monterey? Check into that and you may be surprised. I know of at least 3 girls that start for Monterey that did not begin in Monterey. Molly was a true homegrown girl. In 1 year under the current coach she wanted out. You do the math. In life you don't always have to live with the cards your dealt. You are also wrong about your assessment of Molly. From what I understand she has been offered a scholarship to a pretty successful D1 school and she has verbally accepted it.

I don't buy it. You'd outwardly cry like RBS did when Laken left. You'd moan and grown like Monterey did when Heady and Adkins left. You all have had so much transferring of great players from program to program up in that area that you just see it as acceptable actions. That's crap. Players should not transfer just to win. Play with the cards you're dealt. It shows far more integrity if you do. You're not going to be able to thrust yourself into a positive situation for the rest of your life. Sometimes, you're going to have to make lemonade when life gives you a lemon. And Monterey would have been pretty darn good this season if Heady and Adkins would have stayed. If Molly Heady took the proper steps, she would have gotten near the same amount of recruiting attention whether she was at Clarkrange or Monterey. If you can play, college coaches will find you. She's a very good player, but she's not going to be a post player at a major Division 1 basketball program due to her 5-11 or 6-0 height. The NAIAs, JUCOs and D-2 and D-3 will come calling. Best of luck to all.

So you are saying that if life isn't what you think it is you should just take it. That is the most ignorant statement ever made. People go to school, change jobs, marriages, etc... Many for very good reasons. So why not if you are being mistreated or used. L.L. was winning where she was at and her situation has been explained several times. Heady was on a team that mostly didn't care if they won or lost. Atkins moved because they were playing politics with her softball coach. Thats a great atmosphere to be around /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> . They didn't move for recruiting purposes, but they did move for personal reasons I doubt someone like you could possibly understand. They did make lemonade, they just used a better tasting lemon. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I am not saying tranferring is right for everyone. Once you begin to learn the background of some of the reasons behind some of them, you will agree some are justified.

But look at it from this perspective, how must it seem to Pickett County, Clay County, Red Boiling Springs and Monterey when they CONTINUALLY see players migrating into the Jackson County and Clarkrange programs. This is not a one-time thing, and as of late, it's not that they're just going from Cookeville or Jamestown into one of those Class A programs. They're going from one district school to another. It's ridiculous. You JC and CR supporters want to ignore it, because it gives you a chance to win the state every year.

You apparently don't know much about CR program. They have 3 girls in the last 8 years come from somewhere else. One came from Wartburg several years ago, that team never made it out of region. Another from in county where there was a personal issue with the York coach, I won't get into that. She isn't playing much yet as a sophomore, maybe more next year. Then you have Molly who has family up here. Now go ahead and tell me about all the recruiting CR does. You know nothing of CR, so don't pretend you do!

You apparently don't know much about CR program. They have 3 girls in the last 8 years come from somewhere else. One came from Wartburg several years ago, that team never made it out of region. Another from in county where there was a personal issue with the York coach, I won't get into that. She isn't playing much yet as a sophomore, maybe more next year. Then you have Molly who has family up here. Now go ahead and tell me about all the recruiting CR does. You know nothing of CR, so don't pretend you do!

Actually they made it to the state final four with Ashley Howard who came from Wartbug. That was her Junior year. Her senior year they lost in the regional semis. CR has also lost great talent such as Chelsea Brown and Destiny Dishman who ended up at Stone Memorial and the Ross twins who left Fentress County and went to Jackson County so girls move around all the time. Molly left because she will be better prepared for college ball having played for Lamar then if she had stayed at Monterey where they didn't practice as much and losing was no big deal to them. The girls that play at CR and JC will be seen much more by college scouts/coaches then if they play at other schools. That is just a simple fact. At the last CR/JC game coaches from one SEC school, one Div 1AA school, and an NAIA school were in attendance. Don't think you'd see them at the Monterey/RBS game. Not being cruel but that is the way it is. Currently, CR is ranked #1 in Class A in the state, #2 in all classes, and #65 nationally in all classes. A program like this will draw the attention of college coaches everywhere and these coaches know that a Lamar Rogers coached kid is going to be fundamentally ready for the next level. Same thing with JC girls. They live basketball at these two schools so it's only natural that the best athletes want to play for them. They want the exposure and more importantly, especially in Molly's case, they want to win and win and win.

All Monterey's coach did is bring himself down to an immature level..... That is pathetic...Molly definitely deserved it

With all the people talking about JC and CR, did anyone ever stop to think that both of the successful programs start with good leadership at an early age. I belive that the coaches take an interest in the players from an early age. When a coach gets as dedicated to the players as they are to him success happens. Laken, Molly, and Taylor made a choice to move in a different direction. That takes courage. Too many people worry about what others think and never take a stand. I commend them and so should everyone else. Quit complaining and start encouraging, you earn respect that way. Molly is consistent in her actions on and off the court. Wish the coach at Monterey would man up and apologize. Not sure that will happen. Ego is too big. Its not about him or his team at this point. The players at Monterey deserve better.

Actually they made it to the state final four with Ashley Howard who came from Wartbug. That was her Junior year. Her senior year they lost in the regional semis. CR has also lost great talent such as Chelsea Brown and Destiny Dishman who ended up at Stone Memorial and the Ross twins who left Fentress County and went to Jackson County so girls move around all the time. Molly left because she will be better prepared for college ball having played for Lamar then if she had stayed at Monterey where they didn't practice as much and losing was no big deal to them. The girls that play at CR and JC will be seen much more by college scouts/coaches then if they play at other schools. That is just a simple fact. At the last CR/JC game coaches from one SEC school, one Div 1AA school, and an NAIA school were in attendance. Don't think you'd see them at the Monterey/RBS game. Not being cruel but that is the way it is. Currently, CR is ranked #1 in Class A in the state, #2 in all classes, and #65 nationally in all classes. A program like this will draw the attention of college coaches everywhere and these coaches know that a Lamar Rogers coached kid is going to be fundamentally ready for the next level. Same thing with JC girls. They live basketball at these two schools so it's only natural that the best athletes want to play for them. They want the exposure and more importantly, especially in Molly's case, they want to win and win and win.

I agree. I want all these young ladies to be successful. You never know where the road will lead, but in order to get there from here, you have to begin the journey.