171- David Stapleton (Harp, 12)

189- Zac Bergholtz (Rw, 12)

215- Tim Waters (CW, 11)

HVT- Hunter Allen (Mt. J, 11)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- I don't think being ranked #3 in the state (Allen at 285) would be considered a sleeper. He is the real deal, and anyone who has watched him knows that - thus his #3 ranking. I think sleepers should be wrestlers with no rankings.

- Trying to pick a no name - how about Kyle Stuff from Gibbs at 215? Tough draw with Phipps and Rodgers in his quarter of the bracket. Look for him to be a tough match for either or both. I think he has a victory over Worley, and from what I hear it wasn't very close.

Note - I can't get Bray's rankings, so I'm going on Matman. If Kyle is ranked (I think he should be), then I will take him off my sleeper list.

If your a Blackman wrestler that's not ranked you might be a sleeper.

If your the runnerup from your region and were beaten by Bradley wrestler you might be a sleeper.

If you have a blue singlet and your not ranked you might be a sleeper.

If you are one of two brothers in the tourny and not seeded you might be a sleeper.

I agree, Dickson is def. strong this year. There r some interesting scenario's 2 look 4 this year especially in the 1st 2 rounds. Some of the higher seeds got some tough draws and that could shake things up quite a bit. The 1 thing I do know is the McCoy (152) kid from Harpeth has wins in his career over Aragon (WV), M.Clemons (GL) Chandler (MLK), Edafe (EL), Riddle (CW), Carpenetti (Oak), Sanders (NW), Perry (MC), Wilkens (Mt. J), Those r all State Qualifiers. He even holds a win over MBA 189 State Champ Max Jarrell. This past weekend he was beating Rabbitt in the 3rd and wound up losin 7-6. The kid is tough and has tons of experience. So if I had 2 pick 1 wrestler 2 be my sleeper it would def. be him. Not 2 mention the fact he missed nearly all of last year with a fractured sternum but came back at about 50% jus 2 help his team make state. It seems nearly every year there's always a few guys who dont get the recognition they deserve in the season that step up and make runs and its normally the guys with guts.

Adam Mann 112 took Matt King to 3 OT before loosing in reg 1 final. Tremendous match:

has a win over Larue from Halls. Not ranked or even mentioned to watch. He is a hard

nosed tough kid, who if he is on will place. 112 has 7 returning medalist in the bracket.

How do you think he will do against fuller from rhea? Cuz fuller is pretty tough

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> MANNING 160 from OOLTEWAH could surprise...just a sophmore.

The kid from HIXSON @160 won the region and nobody is talking about him.

OOLTEWAH s HUBBS @145 could make some noise.

The kid from science hill @ 160 is tough.,.no mention of him either.

NO-SHOCKER HERE..but GARCIA from cleveland very good,might not be a surprise,but don't be surprised if he's there in the end.

CAN'T WAIT TIL TOMORROW...